Seoul's STUNNING P39 View: Gangnam's BEST Kept Secret!

Gangnam Best View and Location P39 Seoul South Korea

Gangnam Best View and Location P39 Seoul South Korea

Seoul's STUNNING P39 View: Gangnam's BEST Kept Secret!

Seoul's STUNNING P39 View: Gangnam's BEST Kept Secret! - A Seriously Honest Review (and Why You NEED to Book NOW!)

Okay, folks, buckle up. Because this isn't your average hotel review. This is a full-blown, messy, honest dive into the heart of Seoul's STUNNING P39 View, that so-called "best-kept secret" in Gangnam. Let me tell you, after my stay, it's barely a secret anymore, and let me also tell you, it’s a mixed bag. One minute you’re feeling like a queen, the next you're contemplating your life choices for the billionth time. But hey, that's life, right? And at P39, it's life with a killer view.

First, Let's TACKLE That View! - It's Actually Worth It (Mostly)

Seriously, the photos don't do it justice. I mean, they try! They really, really try. But the panoramic vista from the pool area? The rooftop bar? Hoo boy. It's breathtaking. You're staring right at the city's shimmering heart, a chaotic masterpiece of skyscrapers and neon. I spent a solid hour just staring, jaw agape, completely ignoring my phone (a miracle, I assure you). You can see the sunset over the building in a way… a way that just soothes your soul. Seriously, they have a pool with a view too. I spent most of my time at the pool, it was just something else, I'm just saying.

Accessibility & The Dreaded Elevator Dance (A Mixed Bag, Sadly)

Right, okay, accessibility. This is where things get a little… complicated. The idea is there. They say facilities for disabled guests are available. But sometimes it feels like the execution is, well, a work in progress. The elevator situation can be a little frustrating during peak hours. Lots of people are trying to get up to the rooftop bar and that beautiful view. Plus, a lot of people don't understand queue. Sigh. That said, there are elevators, and the staff are generally very helpful, but it's not effortlessly perfect. Accessibility can be rough sometimes.

Cleanliness, Safety, and the Sanitization Brigade: Pandemic Era Survival!

Okay, here's where P39 shines. They clearly take cleanliness and safety seriously. Like, to a slightly obsessive degree. Anti-viral cleaning products are on high rotation. Daily disinfection in common areas? Check. Staff trained in safety protocols? Double-check. Hand sanitizer everywhere you turn. They even have sterilizing equipment. (Maybe they're secretly preparing for a zombie apocalypse? Just kidding… mostly.) Rooms are sanitized between stays, and you can even opt-out of room sanitization, which is nice.

One thing I really appreciated was the individually-wrapped food options. You know, little things like that make you feel a little safer in this crazy upside-down world.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: A Culinary Meander

Alright, the food situation is… varied. Let's start with the good: the breakfast buffet. Okay, it's a buffet, so expectations should be tempered. But it's an Asian breakfast, and sometimes a Western breakfast, full of tasty things, and you can even get a breakfast takeaway service. The coffee shop is good, but a little bit pricey. The pool-side bar has a nice selection of cocktails. I had a particularly delicious Aperol Spritz whilst watching the sun go down. The a la carte in the restaurant had some great options, and the staff were friendly. However, if you're expecting Michelin-star quality, adjust your expectations.

They have a snack bar too, which is handy for those late-night cravings.

The Rooms: From 'Wow' to 'Meh'

Okay, let's be honest. The rooms are decent. They're clean, comfortable, and they have everything you need. The air conditioning is a lifesaver. The blackout curtains are clutch for those late-night lie-ins. You get the usual suspects: a coffee/tea maker, a refrigerator, a in-room safe box, and a hair dryer.

The Wi-Fi [free] is actually decent. Really, it’s free, and that's a win in my book.

Things to Do & Ways to Relax: Spa Day Dreamin'

Alright, this is where P39 really hits the mark. The pool with the view is obviously a highlight. The fitness center is well-equipped, if you are into exercise. But the real winner here is the spa.

I decided to go all in on a spa day. First I got a body scrub. Then got a body wrap. And THEN, the ultimate luxury: a massage. It was pure bliss. I’m not even kidding, I melted. The masseuse was amazing. The sauna and steam room are both top-notch, and it’s the perfect way to unwind and forget all your problems.

Services and Conveniences: Your Comfort is Their Mission… Mostly

P39 offers a ton of services. Daily housekeeping is a given, and the staff are super-efficient. Laundry service and dry cleaning are available, which is handy when you're travelling heavy from place to place. There's a concierge to help with anything you need, and a luggage storage area. They also provide a cash withdrawal facility when you run out of cash. They also do Contactless check-in/out.

For the Kids

They have babysitting service, which is a plus.

Getting Around:

Airport transfer and taxi service are available. They also provide valet parking and a car park that is free of charge.

My Quirky Observations & Emotional Reactions (Get Ready for the Gooey Bits!)

Look, I’m a sucker for a good view. And P39 delivers on that front in spades. I actually got a little choked up watching the sunset one evening. It was just… beautiful. Pathetic, maybe. But beautiful. The staff are generally friendly and helpful.

However, there were moments which weren't the best. I ran out of coffee in my room. Which felt catastrophic. I’m a coffee fiend!

The Verdict: Should You Book Seoul's STUNNING P39 View?

Yes. Absolutely yes.

It's not perfect. But P39 View has a certain magic. The view alone is worth the price of admission. The spa is divine. The location is perfect for exploring Gangnam. Plus, the safety measures put me at ease.

But Here's the Real Deal - My Personal Offer (Because You Read This Far!)

Okay, I'm not affiliated with P39, but since you've stuck with me through this rollercoaster of a review, here's my honest advice:

Book a room with a VIEW. Splurge on the higher floor. Trust me.

Book a massage at the Spa. You won’t regret it.

Take advantage of the happy hour at the rooftop bar.

And most of all, be prepared to be wowed by that amazing view.

Because, let's face it, that's the real reason you're coming to Seoul, isn't it?

Rodeway Inn Decatur: Your Home Away From Home in Texas!

Book Now

Gangnam Best View and Location P39 Seoul South Korea

Gangnam Best View and Location P39 Seoul South Korea

Okay, buckle up, because this isn't your sanitized, Instagram-filtered travel guide to Gangnam. This is the real deal. This is my Gangnam, warts and all, in and around the legendary P39 apartment complex. And honestly? I'm a little hungover just thinking about it. Let's go!

Gangnam - My Seoul-ful Shenanigans (and likely some regret)

(I'm calling it "Shenanigans" because honestly, that's probably the best way to describe it.)

Day 1: Arrival - The Hangover Heard 'Round the World (Or at Least P39)

  • 8:00 AM – Ugh. Wake Up. My head feels like a construction site. I blame the questionable karaoke selections and the free-flowing soju from the night before. P39's view? Right now, it's a blurry, pulsating blob. Pretty sure that kimchi jjigae I inhaled at 3 AM is plotting revenge.
  • 9:00 AM – Coffee is LIFE. Found a 24-hour convenience store (thank GOD for those!) and grabbed a pre-made coffee. It's lukewarm and tastes like disappointment, but it’s the only fuel I have. The sheer perfection of my apartment's view is what keeps me going from the balcony.
  • **10:00 AM – Reclaimation and Laundry. **One of the best aspects of P39 is the amenities. I will take this in consideration.
  • 11:00 AM – Trying to function: A failed attempts at gym. I'm not a morning person, and the gym is full of people doing… things. I felt a wave of anxiety watching them.
  • 12:00 PM – Lunch – The Search for Sustenance: I'm starving. Wandering the streets around P39, the options are overwhelming. I ended up giving up and getting a bland, forgettable sandwich from a "trendy" cafe. Avoid.
  • 2:00 PM – Recovering. I feel like I'm going to pass out. I take a nap in P39, getting my brain back in order.
  • 4:00 PM – Exploring - Sort of: Okay, force myself outside of P39 to walk around, or at least to go to my friend's cafe. Just walking is a victory. I keep getting distracted by the ridiculous amount of designer shops. Honestly, I’m pretty sure my clothes are from a discount shop.
  • 6:00 PM – Dinner – The K-BBQ Redemption: Managed to rally and find a K-BBQ place recommended by a local. The meat was incredible. The banchan dishes were a parade of deliciousness. I over-ordered and ate way too much, but it was worth it. Feeling human again.
  • 9:00 PM – Karaoke…Again? (Maybe Not): The thought of singing again feels like a punishment. But my friends are already in high spirits.

Day 2: Culture Shock (and Coffee Shock)

  • 9:00 AM – Coffee Round Two: The glorious, life-affirming scent of real coffee from a proper cafe near P39. It's also a great place to people-watch. The views from my balcony are just so pretty.
  • 10:00 AM – Unrealistic expectation: Attempt to get work done. I'm supposed to be working, but I'm easily distracted by the view.
  • 12:00 PM – Lunch – The Hidden Gem: Found a tiny, hole-in-the-wall Korean restaurant that I'd never have tried before. The ajumma who runs it barely speaks English, but her bibimbap is the best I've ever had. Pure, unadulterated bliss in a bowl.
  • 2:00 PM – The COEX Aquarium: I'm not really into water, so I was worried. It was actually really cool. The giant, beautiful tanks filled my worries.
  • 4:00 PM – Retail Therapy (Or the Illusion of Control): Gangnam is a shoppers paradise. I spent absolutely too much money on a ridiculously cute pair of socks.
  • 6:00 PM – Dinner and Drinks – The Gangnam Grind: Okay, I hit a classy restaurant with new friends. The only important thing: the view.
  • 9:00 PM – Back to P39: P39's amenities are a lifesaver right now.

Day 3: Finding My Zone (and Probably Losing It Again)

  • 9:00 AM – Trying to Wake Up: More beautiful coffee, and this time I added it to a pastry.
  • 10:00 AM – Relaxing: I decided to take it easy. After the previous days, I need to take care of myself.
  • 12:00 PM – Lunch – Taking It Easy: Still eating and finding new things, but this time, I took the food to the balcony and enjoyed the gorgeous view.
  • 2:00 PM – The Serenity of the Olympic Park: I took a walk in the park, the trees make the city seem more gentle. 10/10.
  • 4:00 PM – The View: I'm just taking in the peace of the night.

Day 4: Departure - Bye Seoul. See You Soon (Probably)

  • 9:00 AM – The Final Coffee (and Regret): One last perfect coffee in the cafe, staring at the view.
  • 10:00 AM – Packing (and Panic): Why is it always a struggle? I’m rushing.
  • 12:00 PM – The Airport Dash: Goodbye, Seoul. You were wonderful. I can't wait to come back.
  • 1:00 PM – Reflecting in the plane: I can't believe I have to go back to reality.

Final Thoughts:

Gangnam is a rollercoaster. It's overwhelming, exhilarating, and occasionally exhausting. It’s got things I love, things I hate. P39 was my base and my sanctuary, the perfect place to crash after epic days and wild nights. Will I be back? Absolutely. Probably sooner rather than later. Just… maybe next time someone else can choose the karaoke songs.

Escape to Paradise: D'ratna Resort Puncak Awaits!

Book Now

Gangnam Best View and Location P39 Seoul South Korea

Gangnam Best View and Location P39 Seoul South Korea

Seoul's P39 View: Gangnam's "Best Kept Secret" (Says Whom Exactly?) - FAQs with a Side of Real Life

Okay, first things first: Is P39 even *worth* the hype? I've seen the Instagrams…

Alright, let's be real. Instagram lies. Okay, maybe not *lies*, but it definitely curates. The P39 View… it's stunning. I'll give you that. You get a panoramic sweep of Gangnam, the concrete canyons glittering, the Han River snaking off in the distance, the whole damn city just *alive*. But is it the best kept secret? Nah. More like a "well-advertised secret" by this point. I went on a Saturday, and yeah, it was packed. Like, shoulder-to-shoulder packed. I had to elbow a particularly enthusiastic influencer with a selfie stick just to snag a decent spot. It was a little less 'secret oasis' and a bit more 'organized chaos.' My personal take? Worth it *once*, for the 'wow' factor. But if you're expecting serene contemplation? Adjust your expectations. Unless you go on a Tuesday morning at 6 AM. (I haven't tried that, but I'm guessing the chances of serenity are significantly higher.)

How do you *actually* get to P39? Because Google Maps sometimes leads me on a grand adventure...

Oh, the journey. Let's just say navigating to P39 is its own little adventure. Seriously, thank goodness for Google Maps. (Though don't always trust it entirely, as I learned the hard way after a particularly baffling detour involving a construction site and a very judgmental ahjumma.) You'll want to head to the nearest subway station, which is… (checks notes) …maybe Seolleung Station? Or, you know, just Google it before you go, unlike *some* people (ahem). The key is finding the right building entrance. I'm pretty sure I walked past it twice before I actually saw the tiny, almost hidden sign. It's not exactly screaming "Come on in and witness magnificence!" Which, to be honest, adds to the somewhat elusive charm. Then, the elevators. Don't be surprised if you have to wait. Patience, grasshopper. Bring snacks. And maybe a water bottle. And possibly a small parachute. (Just kidding… mostly.)

What's the best time to go? And how long should I spend up there?

Alright, the *real* tea. Sunset is, obviously, the golden hour. Literally. The light paints the city a glorious orange, and it’s prime Instagram material. But you'll be fighting for space. Sunrise is also supposed to be amazing, naturally, but I am not, and probably will never be, a morning person. Maybe try a weekday evening? Avoid weekends if you can. As for how long...depends. If you're there for the Insta-pics, maybe 30 minutes, max. If you're actually *taking it in*, maybe an hour. More if you are lucky enough to snag a bench and watch the clouds. The wind can get a little brutal sometimes, so dress accordingly. And plan for the inevitable group of people who linger *way* too long, blocking the view for everyone else. (I may or may not have passive-aggressively "adjusted" their selfie stick once… don't tell anyone.)

Is there anything *else* to do at P39 besides, you know, *view*? Like, food, drinks, etc.?

Okay, here's the slightly disappointing news. The "view" is *the* thing. P39 is a rooftop. A rooftop, in its purest, most unadulterated form. There's not a bar. No café. No overpriced ice cream. Nada. Just…the view. (And sometimes, the wind.) You might find a tiny little vending machine tucked away somewhere with questionable snacks, if you're lucky. So, bring your own snacks, water is important, and maybe some kind of entertainment if the people-watching gets old (which it might, depending on the crowd). I saw one couple playing cards. Smart move. Or, plan to grab a drink/meal at a nearby restaurant *before* or *afterwards*. This also helps with the whole "crowded rooftop" experience.

What's the vibe like up there? Is it romantic? Chic? Tourist-y hellscape?

The vibe? Ah, the vibe. Okay, let's be honest. It's a bit of all of those. On the one hand, you've got couples gazing romantically (or trying to) at the city lights. On the other, you’ve got a bunch of people desperately trying to get the perfect Instagram shot. There are definitely tourists, but it's not *overwhelmingly* so. I saw a group of teenagers huddled by the railing, taking selfies and giggling. I also saw a guy proposing. Aww. (But then he dropped the ring! My heart almost stopped!) It's… eclectic. It's chaotic. But it's *Seoul*. Embrace it. If you want pure romance, maybe try a rooftop bar with a view. If you want the "real" Seoul experience, the gritty, slightly imperfect, sometimes frustrating, but ultimately amazing Seoul? P39 gives you that.

Okay, I'm sold. But are there any *hidden* gems or insider tips I should know?

Alright, here's a tiny, slightly controversial piece of advice. After your first visit, consider going again…but *different*. The first time, go for the view (duh). The second, go to people-watch. I swear, the theatrics are almost as good as the scenery. Observe the proposal dramas, the selfie fails, the families struggling to take a decent group photo. It’s a masterclass in human behavior! Also, (and this is *super* nerdy), bring a pair of binoculars! You can get a surprisingly detailed look at the buildings across the way. I spent a good half hour just spying on people's apartments, feeling a bit guilty but hey, the view’s the view! Finally, be prepared to be *slightly* disappointed. Building expectations is a tricky business. P39 is good. Really good. But it's not a miracle. Don’t expect it to solve all your problems. (Although, maybe just maybe, it can help you forget about them for a little while.)

Let’s talk about the *one time* I went and it was a total disaster. What could go wrong?

Ah, the disaster. Okay, let's dive deep. My P39 nightmare involved...well, everything. It started with a wrong turn out of the subway exit, courtesy of my terrible sense of direction. Then, the elevators were down. Down! So, I had to climb... how many flights? Let's just say I was already sweating, both from exertion and the sheer anticipation of disappointment. Got to the top and…the air was thick with smog. Couldn't seeHospitality Trails

Gangnam Best View and Location P39 Seoul South Korea

Gangnam Best View and Location P39 Seoul South Korea

Gangnam Best View and Location P39 Seoul South Korea

Gangnam Best View and Location P39 Seoul South Korea