Salta's Stunning Apart La Quinta: Your Dream Argentinian Escape Awaits!
Salta's Stunning Apart La Quinta: My Definitely Dream Argentinian Escape (Maybe Yours Too?) - A Brutally Honest Review
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I just got back from Salta and let me tell you, "Salta's Stunning Apart La Quinta: Your Dream Argentinian Escape Awaits!" is… well, it's something. Let's break it down, shall we? I'm going to be real with you, the good, the slightly iffy, and the "oh, honey, no." Here we go!
First Impressions & Getting There (Accessibility & Arrival Drama)
Firstly, the name? A mouthful. But hey, that's Argentina for you - all passion and flourish. Getting there was… an experience. Let's just say the airport transfer (thank heavens they have one!) was essential. This is especially valuable if you're like me, and sometimes stumble over your own feet, let alone navigate a foreign city after a long flight. Car park [on-site] is a godsend if you are driving.
Accessibility: Now, listen, I'm not in a wheelchair but I'm not exactly a spring chicken, either. The elevator (elevator) was a relief, and the facilities for disabled guests are marked, something I deeply appreciate after I've climbed a flight of stairs. The hallways and staircases were decent. Important stuff, people!
Arrival: Check-in was a tad slow, I'll be honest. Contactless check-in/out? Nope. I needed my paperwork, and the staff were efficient, but it wasn’t the quickest process. They have 24-hour front desk and a doorman too. The Luggage storage was great.
Cleanliness & Safety (My OCD Kicked In… In a Good Way!)
Right, let's talk about the elephant in the room: the pandemic. Listen, as someone who's basically a germaphobe, I was thrilled. Absolutely thrilled! They are using Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Rooms sanitized between stays, Professional-grade sanitizing services, and the Staff trained in safety protocol. The hand sanitizer was everywhere, which I appreciated. The Safety/security feature including CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, Fire extinguisher, Smoke alarms, and Security [24-hour]. Even the kitchen and tableware items are sanitized. I mean REALLY sanitized. Felt safe. Maybe a little too safe? (Just kidding… kinda.)
The Rooms (Home Sweet, Well-Equipped Home)
Okay, my room. My little haven. Air conditioning, crucial. The Blackout curtains were fantastic, because let's be real, I like to sleep. Bathrobes and slippers? Yes, please! Free bottled water, Coffee/tea maker, Hair dryer, In-room safe box, and the Refrigerator? Check, check, check, check! Internet access – wireless was free (thank the lord). Additional toilet, Bathtub, Closet, Complimentary tea, Desk, Extra long bed, Linens, Mirror, Non-smoking, Private bathroom, Reading light, Satellite/cable channels, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, and Wake-up service were included too.
I confess, I spent far too much time in my robe watching… well, I’m not telling. But the point is, the room was comfy and well-equipped. I even appreciated the High floor view, and the fact my room was a non-smoking room made me breathe a sigh of relief.
Internet & Tech (Because Let's Face It, We Need It)
The Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! was a godsend – and it actually worked! I was able to Internet and do what I needed to do. They also have Internet [LAN].
Food, Glorious Food (and My Expanding Waistline)
Right, this is where things get interesting because this is where my love/hate relationship with the food began. Breakfast [buffet] was good. A solid start to the day. They offer Asian breakfast and International cuisine in restaurant. There's a coffee shop and a snack bar as well. Room service is 24-hour. There is many things to eat. Vegetarian restaurant? Yes!
Dining:
- A la carte in restaurant - Nice enough for a fine dining dinner experience.
- Alternative meal arrangement - Good for you if you are picky.
- Asian cuisine in restaurant - The taste was pretty decent.
- Bar - Decent, friendly.
- Bottle of water - A good thing, you gotta stay hydrated.
- Breakfast service - Fine
- Buffet in restaurant - Nothing too fancy, but there were options.
- Coffee/tea in restaurant - Needed it.
- Desserts in restaurant - Delicious, what else to say?
- Happy hour - Fun but nothing extraordinary.
- Poolside bar - Great!
- Restaurants - They got plenty
- Room service [24-hour] - So convenient to have!
- Salad in restaurant - Healthy!
- Soup in restaurant - Wonderful
- Western breakfast - Did not tried.
- Western cuisine in restaurant - Did not tried.
I wasn't so impressed with the Poolside bar. It's there, but it lacked the vibe I crave in a poolside bar.
Things to Do, Ways to Relax, and My Near-Death Experience in the Sauna (Kidding… Mostly)
Okay, the good stuff!
- Body scrub - Didn't use it.
- Body wrap - Didn't use it.
- Fitness center - I went!
- Foot bath - Sounded…odd
- Gym/fitness - Okay.
- Massage - Yes! Divine!
- Pool with view - Beautiful!
- Sauna - Oh my god, the sauna. I'm not a sauna person – the steamroom was calling me! I spent a thrilling 20 minutes in there, nearly melting into a puddle of… well, you get the idea.
- Spa - Yes!
- Spa/sauna - Yes!
- Swimming pool - Amazing!
- Swimming pool [outdoor] - Spectacular, like, perfect!
It's got a Fitness center.
Services and Conveniences (The Little Things That Matter)
Air conditioning in public area, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Seminars, Shrine, Smoking area, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, and Xerox/fax in business center. They really thought of everything!
Getting Around (Taxi Trouble & Parking Paradise)
The Airport transfer was essential. Car park [free of charge] is an absolute lifesaver. Parking in general is easy because of the car park [on-site].
For the Kids (Because I Did See Some…)
I didn't travel with any kids, but the Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, and Kids meal options seems like a good.
Overall… The Verdict? (My Honest, Rambling Conclusion)
Look, “Salta's Stunning Apart La Quinta” has its quirks. The check-in could be faster. The poolside bar could have a bit more oomph. But overall? I'd go back. I'd recommend you go. It's comfortable, it's clean, it's well-equipped, and it's a solid base for exploring the beauty of Salta. Definitely a dream Argentinian escape, even with all the little imperfections.
So, Should You Book? My Recommendation with a Few Buts:
YES, if you're looking:
- Comfort and convenience: They's got the essentials covered and then some.
- Safety and cleanliness: If you're hygiene-conscious.
- A decent location: Close to most things.
- A good mix of relaxation and activity:
- **If you're down for
Salta Shenanigans: A Rambling Itinerary from Apart La Quinta (May 2024 – Oh, the Drama!)
Okay, so here's the deal. This isn't your perfectly polished travel brochure. This is me, after a few (okay, maybe a few more than a few) glasses of Malbec, chronicling my Salta adventure, right from the heart of Apart La Quinta Residencia. Buckle up, buttercups. It's gonna be a ride.
Day 1: Arrival & Altitude Anxiety (and empanadas!)
- Morning (sort of): Landed in Salta. Beautiful, dramatic mountains beckoned. Felt like I was walking into a particularly majestic movie set. Then… the altitude hit. Ugh. I swear my lungs forgot how to work. Dragged my poor suitcase through the airport, muttering about the injustice of it all. Found a taxi driver who looked like he’d seen a ghost (maybe I did, post-flight). He was lovely though, and managed to understand my (slightly hysterical) attempt at Spanish.
- Afternoon: Arrived at Apart La Quinta. It's charming, don't get me wrong, but the light…it’s this weird gold colour, like someone’s always got a filter on. Stumbled through the check-in, completely forgetting to ask for the Wi-Fi password (rookie mistake). Unpacked, which mostly involved collapsing onto the bed and fighting for breath.
- Evening: Food. Glorious food. Dragged myself to the nearest empanada place, "La Empanaderia del Sol" (or something, I think? Memory’s a bit hazy). Ordered a gazillion empanadas (carnitas, obviously, plus a mysteriously delicious cheese and onion one). Ate approximately 10. No regrets. The waiter, a sweet young guy named Tomas, looked at me like I was a culinary champion. He should know, they were INCREDIBLE. The altitude's a little less menacing after a good feed. Managed to actually negotiate a taxi back to the Apárt. Success!
Day 2: Cafayate Dreaming & Road Trip Trauma (and a near-breakdown)
- Morning: Up relatively early (thanks to the altitude reminding me it existed). Woke up and looked at my reflection, I realised I had a terrible sunburn already. Decided to rent a car and drive to Cafayate. Big mistake. My driving skills are… questionable at best.
- Afternoon: The drive to Cafayate was gorgeous, stunning, breathtaking, terrifying. Narrow roads, sheer cliffs, the threat of being swallowed whole by a massive truck – all ingredients for a thrilling experience. Found a winery. And then another. Oh, the wine! Torrontes is the nectar of the gods. Stumbled around, tasting, chatting to the winemakers (I think I was charming, but my memory is fuzzy). Tried to learn about the different soils and grapes. Managed to remember "tannins." I consider that a win.
- Evening: The drive back was… intense. The sun was setting, turning the rock formations into fiery sculptures. Beautiful, yes. Safe? Absolutely not. I started to panic. Swerved, swore, and eventually pulled over, convinced I was about to burst into tears. I wanted to throw the car away but just then, a local stopped to ask if I was ok. He gave me some water and pointed me in the right direction. (This is when I realized the Argentinians are the most helpful and kind people on the planet.) Eventually made it back to Apart La Quinta alive, my nerves completely frayed. And then I ate a whole tub of ice cream, alone in my room. Needed that.
Day 3: Salta City Shuffle & the Rainbow Bridge (and a hidden gem!)
- Morning: Determined to experience Salta itself, I walked to the city center (which felt like an exercise in extreme endurance). The Plaza 9 de Julio is lovely, very European-looking. Stared at the Cathedral – it's just… grand. Then I wandered through the artisan market, buying pointless but beautiful things I’ll probably never use.
- Afternoon: Found a hidden gem: Museo de ArqueologÃa de Alta Montaña (MAAM). They have the best museums in Argentina. They have a particularly fascinating exhibit on the Inca children sacrificed in the mountains, including a perfectly mummified girl named Llullaillaco. I’m not going to lie, it was intense. A little sad. But also, strangely… beautiful. The museum is very respectful of the children's memory and legacy. I spent hours there, lost in thought.
- Evening: Dinner at a local restaurant, "La Casona del Molino". Ate a huge steak (because, Argentina). Then, I got the most amazing, the most beautiful, the most breathtaking sunset. It was like the gods were using a huge paint brush. That night, I walked across the rainbow bridge and felt free.
Day 4: San Antonio de los Cobres & the Train to the Clouds (or, when things almost went wrong…)
- Morning: The "Train to the Clouds" tour. Booked it. Paid for it. Got up at, you know, ridiculous o'clock to get to the station. The train itself is beautiful. The scenery is beyond belief. The altitude… well, let’s just say I spent most of it gasping for air and wondering if I was going to pass out.
- Afternoon: Arrived at San Antonio de los Cobres. The barren landscape is alien and raw. Felt like I was on Mars. Snapped a million photos and then promptly dropped my phone on the dirt. Luckily someone helped me fix it. Whew!
- Evening: Back at Apart La Quinta (finally!). Collapsed on the bed. Ordered room service. Ate a very large bowl of pasta. Watched TV (in Spanish, which I mostly don’t understand, but that didn’t matter). Wondered, once again, if I should have just stayed home.
Day 5: Rest & Recuperation (and dreaming of empanadas…)
- Morning: Slept in. Glorious, beautiful sleep. Finally, properly acclimated. Took a long, hot shower.
- Afternoon: Wandered around Salta, bought some postcards (to be written later – maybe). Had a massive ice cream. Started planning my next trip to Argentina.
- Evening: Back at Apart La Quinta. Contemplating packing. Thinking about those empanadas. Dreaming of Torrontes. Salta, you wild, beautiful, altitude-induced headache of a place. You’ve stolen my heart. (And maybe slightly damaged my sanity.)
Final Thoughts:
This trip has been a rollercoaster. The altitude is brutal. The driving is terrifying. But the landscapes, the people, the food, the WINE… it's all worth it. Argentina, you are a beautiful, eccentric, and sometimes brutally challenging mess. And I love you for it.
Now, where can I get those empanadas again…?
Aurangabad Family Getaway: Unbeatable Deals at Hotel Family Inn!Salta's Stunning Apart La Quinta: Your Dream Argentinian Escape – FAQs (and My Crazy Thoughts!)
Okay, first things first: Is Apart La Quinta *really* as gorgeous as the pictures?
Ugh, that's the age-old question, isn't it? The Photos... They always look so damn perfect! And I'm a cynic. I fully expected a bait-and-switch. But honestly? It's... almost better. The pictures capture some of the beauty, sure, the high ceilings, the charming details... but what they *can't* convey is the *vibe*. The sense of peace that washes over you the second you walk in. It's like... stepping into a warm hug. And lemme tell ya, after that long flight, you NEED a warm hug (even if it's from a building!). Think: sun-drenched patios, a pool beckoning you, and this weird, intoxicating smell of... well, something amazing. It's kind of overwhelming at first, in a good way. My initial response was a goofy, "Wow. Just... WOW." (Don't judge – jet lag is a real thing.)
What's the deal with the location? Is it actually “stunning”?
Right. The "stunning" label... again, skepticism! But yes. Yes, it is. It’s tucked away perfectly, far enough from the main drag to be tranquil but a quick hop to the best parts of Salta. I walked the streets, soaked in the sights, and had the best empanadas of my life (seriously, I'm still dreaming of them). The views! Seriously, you wake up and BAM! Mountains! I mean, I’m from Kansas. We have cornfields. Mountains are… *different*. It’s just incredibly picturesque. One morning I sat on the balcony, cup of coffee in hand (the coffee was also amazing, btw), and watched the sun paint the mountains in these crazy colors. I actually teared up. Don't tell anyone. Okay, you can tell. I felt SMALL. In the best possible way.
Okay, but realistically, how are the rooms? Are they *actually* clean? (That's Always my Big Worry!)
Clean? Oh, honey, beyond clean. Like, my inner germaphobe sighed in relief. I've stayed in places where you're afraid to breathe too deeply. This place... immaculate. Gleaming! And the beds… I could have happily spent the entire trip horizontal. I may have spent a *significant* portion of my time horizontal. The sheets smelled freshly washed, the towels fluffy… It was a haven. I’m a chaotic traveler, stuff everywhere constantly. But that never felt overwhelming because the room itself was so serene. It was a real sanctuary, a retreat from the whole hustle and bustle of being a tourist. You know?
Is there a pool? (Asking the *important* questions.)
Yes! There's a pool. And, yes, it's as lovely as it looks in the photos. A decent size for floating and relaxing, not a huge Olympic-sized thing, but perfect for cooling off after a day of exploring. I spent a solid afternoon just lounging there, reading a book (I'm a disgrace; I didn't read anything very insightful. It as a fun, trashy mystery novel). The sun was perfect. The air… thin and crisp. I even took a little nap by the pool and woke up feeling remarkably… well, not hungover (I hadn't been drinking), but peacefully content. I actually forgot to put on sunscreen the first time... and paid the price. Learn from my mistakes! SLATHER UP!
What about the staff? Are they helpful? Do they speak English?
The staff? Absolute angels. I mean, they are REALLY nice people. I speak terrible, *terrible* Spanish, but they were incredibly patient. They mostly speak English, so no worries. They seemed genuinely happy to help, always smiling, always offering suggestions. They gave me some awesome restaurant recommendations... some of which I promptly ignored because, honestly, I was craving pizza for like three days straight and needed some comfort food. They were never pushy, but are always there if you need anything. They even helped me arrange a taxi to the airport, which, let me tell you, was a godsend because I was a wreck on the last day, and you can always tell when someone is getting ready to leave a place they really enjoyed, and its never pretty.
Is breakfast included? And if so, is it any good?
Yes! Breakfast is included. And, it’s a pretty decent spread. There were pastries, which I may have overindulged in. Some fresh fruit, coffee (as mentioned, delish!), yogurt… It was all fresh and they had a really nice, attentive, girl. I actually think I saw her eye me once I started piling the pastries on my plate. I mean, I was on vacation. Don't judge. It definitely set you up for a day of exploring (or, you know, pool-lounging if that's your thing, which it was, at least sometimes). I’m not a huge breakfast person, to be honest. But I always ate it there. Always. Seriously. Always.
Okay, let's get down to brass tacks: Are there any drawbacks or things to be aware of? (The honest truth, please!)
Okay, the truth. There was ONE tiny, *tiny* thing that I would change: the internet wasn’t the most reliable, sometimes. Which, honestly, is a first-world problem, I know. And I was on vacation! I should've stepped away! But, you know, checking emails and things… Sometimes it was a bit slow. Not a deal-breaker by any stretch of the imagination. But it’s worth mentioning if you NEED to be constantly connected. The other… thing… and this is absolutely ridiculous. I forgot my hairdryer at home. It was a total disaster. I needed it. But the hotel didn't have them, however, that's on me, and I can't blame the place for that!
Would you go back?
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! In a heartbeat. I’m already trying to figure out when I can squeeze another trip. I'm actually trying to do it again next year! I left a piece of my heart there. Okay, that's probably a bit dramatic. But seriously. Go. Just go. Book it now. You won't regret it. And if you go, tell 'em the crazy lady from Kansas sent you. (They won'Starlight Inns