Hong Kong Luxury: Rooftop Pool & 3-Min Metro Access!
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the chaotic, glamorous, and potentially slightly flawed world of Hong Kong Luxury: Rooftop Pool & 3-Min Metro Access! Prepare for the raw, unfiltered truth, mixed with a healthy dose of gushing and griping. This ain't your grandma's hotel review. And, let me tell you, my grandma would love that rooftop pool. Grandma knows luxury.
First Impressions: Accessibility & the "Metro Magic" (and My Terrible Sense of Direction)
Okay, let's be real, navigating Hong Kong can be a bit like a real-life Escape Room, especially with my sense of direction, which is legendary… for its awfulness. But the promise of a 3-minute metro access? Sold! I'm talking, "I-can-get-lost-in-a-paper-bag" level of gratitude here. And guess what? The location actually delivers. Finding the hotel was a breeze (for me, this is a miracle). For those concerned about accessibility, the review page says "Facilities for disabled guests," but doesn't provide details. Be sure to check with the hotel directly for specifics on wheelchair access throughout.
Rooftop Revelry & the "Pool with a View" - Does the Hype Match Reality?
The rooftop pool. Oh, the rooftop pool. This is where it gets interesting. The website is absolutely boasting of "Pool with a View." And, oh, the view! It's legitimately breathtaking. The city sprawled out below, a glittering tapestry of lights… and that’s before you’ve even had your first cocktail. This is the kind of view you’d happily sell your soul for (metaphorically, of course. Unless the devil offers a truly epic spa treatment…). The pool itself? Stunning. Clean, sparkling, and oh-so-inviting. And the "Poolside bar" is essential for maximum enjoyment. I spent an embarrassing amount of time parked at that bar, trying everything from a fancy cocktail with a name I couldn't pronounce to a simple (and necessary) bottle of water. The atmosphere? Lively, but not overwhelmingly crowded. Think "glamorously relaxed", not "battle-for-a-sunbed". Pure bliss.
Spa & Relaxation: Body Scrubs, Steam Rooms & the Quest for Serenity (and a Good Coffee)
Now, let's talk about the "ways to relax." The Spa/sauna is a great selling point. They offer the full shebang: Body scrub, Body wrap, Massage, Sauna, Steamroom, Spa. I indulged. I succumbed. I emerged feeling… marginally less stressed. That Body scrub was particularly fantastic. It felt like a thousand tiny angels were gently exfoliating my worries away. The steam room? Paradise. Pure, steamy, sweaty paradise.
But the coffee. Oh, the coffee. Look, I'm a coffee snob. I NEED my caffeine. The "Coffee shop" in the hotel was…adequate. Not terrible, but not amazing either. There's room for improvement, here. Maybe a partnership with a local roaster? Just a thought, hotel management!
Food, Glorious Food: Restaurants, Buffets and the Temptation of Room Service
The food situation is actually pretty decent. Multiple Restaurants offering Asian and Western cuisine. The "Breakfast [buffet]" was comprehensive, and the "Asian breakfast" options particularly tasty. I’m a sucker for dim sum, and they did a decent job with the buffet style. You can also have breakfast in your room, which is a lovely option for a lazy morning. Room service [24-hour] is a lifesaver. Late night cravings? Sorted. The menu is diverse enough to keep you satisfied.
Cleanliness & Safety: The Covid-Era Checklist (and my inner germaphobe)
Let's be honest, in this day and age, Cleanliness and safety are top of mind. The website boasts of "Anti-viral cleaning products," "Daily disinfection in common areas," "Rooms sanitized between stays," Safe dining setup, and Sanitized kitchen and tableware items." I saw "Hand sanitizer" stations everywhere. The staff wore masks, and seemed genuinely committed to following, Staff trained in safety protocol the various hygiene regulations. I didn't see them using "Sterilizing equipment", but I'm taking their word for it. I appreciated the efforts, honestly, especially because I'm a bit of a germaphobe. Safety/security feature.
The Rooms: A Sanctuary in the City (with a Few Quirks)
The rooms are, by and large, lovely. Air conditioning. Blackout curtains. Safe box. Soundproofing. Free Wi-Fi. The basics are all there, plus some nice touches. I loved the Bathrobes and Slippers. The TV selection was good. But, and there’s always a but, the extra long bed wasn’t quite as long as I needed it to be for my six foot five frame. And that window that opens? I couldn’t quite reach it.
Internet, Internet Everywhere! (and the Speed Test Results)
Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Yes! And it's actually usable. I was able to stream Netflix without buffering, which is a small victory in itself. Internet access – wireless and Internet access – LAN, meaning they have options for you. I did a speed test and was pleasantly surprised. They even offer Wi-Fi for special events, if you’re planning anything big.
Services & Amenities: From Concierge to Cash Withdrawal (and the "Things to Do" List)
The hotel offers a whole host of Services and conveniences to make your stay easier. The concierge was incredibly helpful, providing recommendations, booking taxis, and generally making my life easier. Cash withdrawal is available. They also offer a laundry service, dry cleaning, and ironing service. I was particularly grateful for the Daily housekeeping.
Getting Around: Metro Magic, Taxi Triumphs (and the Pricey Airport Transfers)
Airport transfer is offered – for a fee. Taxi service is also available. The car park [on-site] is free to use. But the true winner here is the Metro access. Getting around the city is a breeze.
For the Kids: Family-Friendly Features (but I'm Not a Child Expert)
Family/child friendly. They offer babysitting service and kids meal. But I'm guessing you’ll want to research how family-friendly it truly is if you're travelling with actual children.
The "Offer": Because You Deserve to Be Spoiled (and Avoid the Crowds)
Alright, here's the deal: Book Hong Kong Luxury: Rooftop Pool & 3-Min Metro Access! for a stay of at least three nights during the off-season (November-February, excluding holidays). This is your chance to experience the rooftop pool in all its glory, soak up the spa treatments guilt-free, gorge yourself on the buffet, and explore Hong Kong with ease. You'll get:
- Complimentary upgrade to a higher-floor room with a panoramic city view (subject to availability). You want that view. Trust me.
- A bottle of champagne upon arrival (because you deserve it!).
- A $50 credit towards spa treatments. Go get that body scrub!
- Free late checkout (allowing more time to bask in the pool or the steam room, even if it's just because you're still hungover).
- Bonus: Mention the code "ROOFTOPSAVVY" at checkout and receive a complimentary coffee at the coffee shop, along with a complimentary dessert.
This isn't just a hotel stay; it's an experience. It's a chance to escape the everyday and indulge in a little luxury. The location is amazing, the rooftop pool is legendary, and the metro will whisk you away to your next adventure. Plus, you'll be supporting an actual human writer who has had a few too many "happy hour" cocktails but is still managing to write this review. Don't think. Book. Now!
Escape to Paradise: Best Western Milton Inn Awaits!Alright, hold onto your hats, because this isn't gonna be your sanitized, brochure-perfect itinerary. This is my Hong Kong adventure, and it's probably gonna be a glorious mess. We’re talking IC Lux2 BDR apt, rooftop, pool, 3min MTR – sounds fancy, right? Let's see how fancy I can keep my act together.
Day 1: Arrival, Jet Lagged Jibes & Dim Sum Dreams (Shattered?)
- 10:00 AM: ARRIVE. At least, that's the plan. Hopefully, the flight wasn’t delayed. (Fingers crossed the tiny airplane seat didn't cripple my already-iffy lower back!) Airport chaos commences. I will need caffeine and a hug.
- 11:30 AM: The first hurdle: the MTR! "3 minutes from the apartment, they said…" Let's see if my brain can compute foreign subway maps after 14 hours in a metal tube. I predict a mild panic attack, a wrong turn, and the feeling of utter, blissful incompetence.
- 12:30 PM: Arrive at the IC Lux2. (Hopefully). Rooftop pool, here I come! First, the apartment. Is it actually as amazing as the pictures? Will I accidentally lock myself out? I really hope the AC works. I need a cold blast to combat this instant swamp-butt I'm developing.
- 1:30 PM: Unpack. Or, more accurately, rifle through my bag in a desperate attempt to locate the essentials – phone charger, emergency chocolate, and a tiny bottle of perfume to make me feel slightly less like a hobo who just rode a dragon.
- 2:30 PM: Food. This is important. Dim sum is the goal. Research pointed me to a place nearby that promised "authentic flavors." (Cue dramatic music). My hopes are high. I’m visualizing golden, crispy spring rolls and fluffy, pillowy char siu bao.
- 3:00 PM: Dim Sum Debacle. Ugh. Okay, so the place looked promising. Really, it did. But the service? Let's just say the perpetually-scowling waiter didn't seem thrilled at the prospect of my presence. And the food… well, the spring rolls were more like soggy, oil-soaked mysteries. The char siu bao? Dense, gluey lumps. My dim sum dreams were, sadly, crushed. I managed to choke down two dumplings (the smallest ones, naturally, because I am a coward) before declaring defeat. I swear, I could feel the calories clinging to me. I’m already regretting this.
- 4:00 PM: Retreat. Back to the apartment to wallow in my dim sum failure. Nap. Maybe a cry? I need a new strategy.
- 7:00 PM: Plan B. The rooftop pool! Time to embrace my jet lag and the sweet, sweet chaos of being utterly lost in a new city. Maybe some questionable poolside cocktails will help me forget my dim sum trauma. Maybe.
Day 2: Temple Tantrums, Wet Markets & Night Market Mayhem
- 9:00 AM: Breakfast. Finally, something I can control. Leftover instant noodles? Cereal? The world is my oyster (or, well, my rapidly depleting grocery stash).
- 10:00 AM: Temple time! (I think. I should probably check the address…) I'm aiming for the Man Mo Temple, but let's be honest, I'll probably wander around aimlessly, marvel at the architecture, and feel a profound sense of spirituality/existential dread (it's a package deal).
- 11:00 AM: Temple Tantrum (Sort Of). Okay, the temple was stunning. Seriously. Incense smoke curling everywhere, the intricate carvings…But the crowds! The photo-taking tourists! I am one. Guilty as charged. I got swallowed by a wave of people and ended up mumbling something about "respecting the space" while simultaneously snapping photos of everything. Double-edged Sword.
- 12:30 PM: Lunch. My stomach is starting to rumble with the phantom hunger pangs of the rejected dim sum. I vow to find something delicious, something redeeming. I’m thinking, a small, local noodle shop that has pictures of food. Less chance of a language barrier.
- 1:30 PM: Wet Market Adventure! I’ve been warned. It’ll be intense. Sounds and smells will overwhelm. I'll embrace the chaos and the potential foodborne illness. Maybe I’ll buy some weird fruit. The goal is to remain upright and not get hopelessly lost among the vendors.
- 2:00 PM: Wet Market Weirdness: Holy moly. The smells! The sounds! Live chickens clucking, fish flopping, and a symphony of Cantonese chatter… It was sensory overload, but in a good way. I bought a weird, spiky fruit (a durian? A rambutan? I can't remember – something exotic, anyway). Now I'm terrified to eat it. The fishmongers were intense though. I saw an entire eel get chopped in half. Okay, maybe the "not getting ill" goal is getting a little bit harder to achieve, though I'm willing to bet money I've already inhaled enough polluted air to count as a day's worth of pollution.
- 4:00 PM: Rest. I need to process what I’ve seen, experienced, and maybe try the weird fruit. Wish me luck.
- 7:00 PM: The Night Market! Time to bargain, haggle, and potentially buy things I don’t need! I’m picturing bright lights, street food, and the overwhelming joy of finding a ridiculously cheap souvenir. Prepare for a serious case of FOMO if I don't get this right.
- 8:00 PM: Night Market Nirvana (Maybe): Okay, the night market was… an assault on the senses, but in a good way (mostly). I got a fake designer handbag for five dollars (don’t judge me!). Ate some questionable but delicious street food (mystery meat skewers, anyone?). Felt the adrenaline of the haggle. And then the rain started. Ran for cover, got soaked, had a moment of existential dread, but hey, it was all part of the experience, right? I am in a constant state of 'not knowing' now, making for a good time.
- 9:00 PM: Back to the apartment, exhausted but exhilarated. Planning on making it to the pool before falling asleep but may not do it. Tomorrow: recovery!
Day 3: Recovery & Rooftop (Possibly) & Departure Doubt
- 9:00 AM: Sleep in! (Finally!)
- 10:00 AM: Errands. Coffee. More coffee. Maybe some actual breakfast at a cafe.
- 11:00 AM: Another attempt at the rooftop pool. Or maybe just stare at it longingly from my apartment window and contemplate life. Honestly, I'm not sure I have the energy.
- 1:00 PM: Last-minute souvenir shopping. Panic-buying mode activated!
- 2:00 PM: Packing. The dreaded task. Trying to fit everything back into the suitcase (impossible!).
- 3:00 PM: One last Hong Kong meal. The stakes are high. I deserve something amazing.
- 4:00 PM: Farewell rooftop view (if I make it). Contemplation of the trip. Feelings of immense gratitude. Maybe some tears.
- 5:00 PM: Last-minute panic. Did I forget anything? Do I want to go home? Maybe I should just stay.
- 6:00 PM: Head to the airport.
- 7:00 PM: Departure. Will I survive the flight? Will I ever recover from the jet lag? Will I dream of dim sum? Tune in next time…
Important Notes:
- This itinerary is subject to change (and probably will).
- My sense of direction is questionable.
- My ability to resist impulse purchases is nonexistent.
- My emotional state is volatile.
- Expect the unexpected (and the slightly disastrous).
- Consider this a warning and a promise. There will be stories.
Hong Kong Luxury: Rooftop Pool & 3-Min Metro Madness – You *Need* to Know!
Okay, Seriously, Is That Rooftop Pool *Actually* As Good As It Looks? Like, Instagram-Worthy, or Just…meh?
Alright, let's be real. My expectations for rooftop pools are sky-high, pun most definitely intended. I've seen the filtered photos, the perfectly posed influencers…and then I’ve seen the reality. But this place? This place was *good*. Like, REALLY good. Think postcard views of the Hong Kong skyline – all shimmering skyscrapers and neon lights. I'm talking, you could practically taste the champagne bubbles in the air (and yes, they have champagne service!). I actually *gasped* when I first saw it. My internal monologue was something along the lines of: "Oh. My. God. This…this is what I've been dreaming of."
Then came the first dip. The water was the perfect temperature, not too cold, not too warm. And the sun? Glorious. Now, here's a small but crucial detail: the pool wasn't, like, overcrowded. There were enough sun loungers (with fluffy towels, naturally), and you could actually *swim* without bumping into a dozen other people. Which, let's be honest, is a luxury in itself. I swear, I spent a solid hour just floating, pretending I was some kind of super-rich, laid-back spy. Okay, maybe just a slightly hungover tourist enjoying the view. But still… it was *epic*. Definitely Instagram-worthy. My only minor complaint? They ran out of the passionfruit daiquiris early. Scandalous, I tell you!
Three Minutes to the Metro? Is That, Like, Actual Walking Time, Or Hong Kong Walking Time? (Because I've learned that can mean totally different things.)
Oh, the eternal question! Hong Kong walking times are a beast of their own. You can build a whole workout program based on squeezing through crowds. Okay, here's the lowdown: They’re not lying. Three minutes? That's practically criminal! It's *fast*. Like, "grab your coffee, check your phone, and *still* be at the station before your train arrives" fast. I’m terrible with directions (honestly, my sense of direction is legendary...in its awfulness), and even *I* managed it without getting hopelessly lost. (This is a miracle, people.)
Now, a caveat. That three minutes assumes you're not tempted by every single delicious-smelling bakery along the way (which is, frankly, impossible). And it also assumes you can navigate the initial frenzy of exiting your hotel and dodging the endless flow of people. But compared to some places where "5 minutes to the station" actually translates to a painful 20-minute hike, this was a dream. It honestly made getting around Hong Kong so much easier. My feet (and my wallet, from all the taxis I *didn't* have to take) were eternally grateful.
What's the Deal with the Room? Is it Actually Luxurious, Or Just… Expensive?
Expensive, yes. But also...luxurious. Let's break this down. The room itself was…well, it was a *room*. But it was a damn good room. Think sleek design, a HUGE bed (which I may or may not have spent a whole afternoon napping in), and a bathroom that was larger than my entire *apartment* back home. I'm talking a soaking tub with a view (seriously, I felt like I was Cleopatra), and not one, but *two* sinks. Finally, no more fighting for space!
But it wasn't perfect. The lighting was a *touch* too dim. And the coffee maker… let’s just say it took a degree in engineering to figure out how to brew a decent cup. (I think I gave up and ordered room service.) And the minibar? Let's just say I'm still recovering financially. But overall, the room was wonderful. It had that feeling of being a proper retreat, a sanctuary away from the chaos of the city. Would I stay there again? Absolutely. (Assuming I win the lottery, that is.)
Okay, spill the beans! What about the food? Pricey, mediocre, or actually worth it?
Alright, food. This is where things get… interesting. And let’s just say, my credit card took a beating. The hotel restaurant? Stunning views, fancy tablecloths, and food that was… mostly good. The dim sum brunch was amazing, truly. Bite-sized parcels of deliciousness – I could've eaten a dozen! But the price! My goodness. I'm pretty sure I could've bought a small island for what I spent.
Dinner was a mixed bag. One night, the steak was utter perfection. Melt-in-your-mouth, cooked just right. I felt like I’d achieved enlightenment. The next night? The pasta was slightly undercooked. My mood plummeted. And don't even get me started on the wine list. My wallet started crying. But hey, that’s luxury for you. It's a rollercoaster of incredible highs and slightly disappointing lows, all seasoned with a hefty dose of financial anxiety. Okay, I'm being dramatic. It was delicious food, mostly. Just… expensive. Very, *very* expensive. Maybe pack some instant noodles for emergencies. Just in case.
Anything Else I Should Know Before I Book This Place? Any Hidden Gems?
Okay, here are a few things I learned the hard way: First, pack a converter! (Duh, I know. But I forgot. Don't be like me.) And, be prepared for the humidity. It's Hong Kong, after all. It’s like walking around in a giant, steamy hug. Embrace it! (Or at least, bring a damp towel and a good antiperspirant.)
Hidden gem? The concierge. They were *amazing*. Seriously. They helped me book everything from reservations to tours. They even managed to get me a table at a *very* hard-to-get-into restaurant. (I owe them my life.) Tip them well! They deserve it. Also, explore surrounding areas. The hotel is near some amazing local places. Don't be afraid to wander… and get gloriously, wonderfully, delightfully lost. That's where the real magic happens.
The Overall Vibe? Pretensions or Actually Welcoming?
Okay, this is important. Luxury hotels can sometimes feel… stuffy. All hushed voices and judgmental glances. But this place? It was surprisingly welcoming. Yes, there were perfectly dressed people everywhere. And yes, there was a definite air of elegance. But I didn't feel out of place in my slightly crumpled travel clothes! The staff were genuinely friendly and helpful, not just robotic automatons.
That being said, you *do* need to be prepared for a certain level of… sophistication. Don't expectSearchotel