Escape to Paradise: Anja Beach Resort & Spa, Phu Quoc's Hidden Gem
Escape to Paradise: Anja Beach Resort & Spa - Phu Quoc's Hidden Gem: A Hot Mess Review! (But Awesome, Mostly.)
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I just got back from Anja Beach Resort & Spa in Phu Quoc, and let me tell you, it's a bit of a rollercoaster. Like a really comfy, well-appointed roller coaster with excellent Wi-Fi. Seriously, the Wi-Fi is FREE in all rooms?! A godsend. (Speaking of, they totally have a shrine. Don't ask.)
First things first: Accessibility. I'm not in a wheelchair or anything, but I appreciate a place that thinks about accessibility. They have facilities for disabled guests, which is a big win. Not totally sure about all the specifics, but the fact that it’s even considered puts them head and shoulders above half the places I've stayed. (And the elevator is a life-saver after a few too many cocktails at the poolside bar, trust me on this.)
Getting Around & The Giggles:
- Airport transfer: YES! Thank the heavens for this. After the chaos of getting off the plane, the chill of the car ride to the resort was necessary.
- Car park [free of charge]: Always a bonus!
- Taxi service: Available, but I didn't use it. The free shuttle got me everywhere.
- Bicycle parking: A nice touch.
Cleanliness & Safety – Because Nobody Likes the Creeps:
Okay, this is where Anja shines. In the shadow of a global pandemic, I was nervous, alright? But they've got it down. Anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection in common areas, hand sanitizer everywhere, and staff trained in safety protocol. Feeling safe? Absolutely. (And their hygiene certification actually means something, unlike some places I've seen.) Rooms sanitized between stays. I'm talking military-grade clean. I even saw them doing a professional-grade sanitizing services! It’s a relief. They also had individually-wrapped food options which really put my mind at ease.
The "Things to Do" & Relaxation Zone: Where I May Have Lost Several Days… and My Sense of Time
Let’s be honest, you go to Phu Quoc to do… nothing. And Anja understands. They have swimming pool [outdoor] (multiple!), plus a pool with a view. The view is… well, it’s ridiculous. Almost too beautiful. I may or may not have spent an embarrassing amount of time staring at it, contemplating the meaning of life.
Now, let's talk about the spa. Oh. My. God. This is where I, a hardened cynic, surrendered. I had a massage, a body scrub, a foot bath. I emerged a transformed human being. The spa/sauna setup is legit. I didn't hit the steam room, but I definitely hit the sauna, and it was pure bliss. After a massage and the spa treatment I am sooooo chilled! The Gym/fitness center is there, but let’s be real, I was busy relaxing. I did use the fitness center a couple times, just to look like I'm not a complete sloth. Good equipment.
Food, Glorious Food! (And Booze!) – My Belly (and Liver) Thank You
The food situation at Anja is pretty epic. They have restaurants galore! Several, actually. The Asian cuisine in restaurant option was great, the Western cuisine in restaurant was also on point, with all the flavors. There's a bar (again, multiple!) perfect for a mid-afternoon cocktail. They have breakfast breakfast [buffet]. YES. A glorious, sprawling, glorious buffet. I also had room service [24-hour] one night.
- Asian breakfast
- Breakfast service
- Breakfast in room
- Coffee/tea in restaurant
- Happy hour
- Poolside bar
- Snack bar
- Vegetarian restaurant
- Western breakfast
The Room: My Little Paradise (and the Few Minor Hiccups)
My room was gorgeous. Seriously, the air conditioning was a blessing in the Phu Quoc heat. The Wi-Fi [free] was glorious. I loved my sofa, and the blackout curtains were perfect for sleeping in (which I did, a lot). The bathtub, shower and the additional toilet! What luxury.
- Extra long bed
- Balcony
- Bottle of water
- Hair dryer
- Safe box
- Air Conditioning
My main gripe? (And this is a tiny one) The desk was a bit, well, desk-y. Not exactly designed for lounging. Also, the mirror wasn’t quite big enough for my ego. But seriously, these are minor quibbles.
Services and Conveniences: They Thought of Everything. (Almost.)
They have the basics down: Daily housekeeping, laundry service, luggage storage, currency exchange. Cash withdrawal is available, but don't expect a bank!
- Concierge
- Doorman.
- Dry cleaning
- Gift/souvenir shop
- Invoice provided
- Ironing service
- Meeting/banquet facilities
- Safety deposit boxes
- Terrace
For the Kids:
- Babysitting service
- Family/child friendly
- Kids facilities
- Kids meal
- Family/child friendly
A Little Bit More…
- Exterior corridor
- Fire extinguisher
- Front desk [24-hour]
- Non-smoking rooms
In Conclusion: Should You Go? A Resounding YES!
Anja Beach Resort & Spa is a little slice of heaven. Is it perfect? No (nothing ever is!). But is it a fantastic place to unwind, recharge, and maybe even find yourself? Absolutely. The staff are lovely, the resort is beautiful, and the food is delicious. It's a hidden gem! They've got the right priorities: Relaxation, service, and safety.
My Offer: Anja Beach Resort & Spa - Your Phu Quoc Escape Awaits!
Book your stay at Anja Beach Resort & Spa now and get:
- Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! (Seriously, this is a huge selling point.)
- A complimentary cocktail at the poolside bar! (You earned it after your flight.)
- Special Promotion: Free upgrade to a room with a sea view if you book within the next week! (Limited availability, don't miss out!)
- Enjoy a complimentary spa voucher
- Full access to the facilities: Pools, sauna, gym, beach access.
Click the link below to book your escape!
[Insert Booking Link Here - Or Tell You to contact the hotel immediately!]
Don't wait. Your paradise awaits!
Port Arthur's BEST Kept Secret: MainStay Suites Review!Okay, buckle up buttercup, because we’re about to dive headfirst into the glorious, messy, sun-drenched chaos that is my alleged “travel itinerary” for Anja Beach Resort & Spa in Phu Quoc, Vietnam. Forget perfect… we’re aimin’ for authentic. And trust me, there's enough authentic to go around.
Day 1: Arrival and the Unholy Grail of Luggage (and Mango Smoothies)
- 7:00 AM (ish) – Departure from Reality (aka, my house). The usual pre-trip panic attack. Did I pack enough sunscreen? Did I actually remember my passport? (Spoiler: I did, but my anxieties are an Olympic sport).
- 11:00 AM (give or take a delayed flight that seems to be par for the course these days) – Land in Phu Quoc! Hello, humidity! Hello, sweet, sweet freedom… and the ever-present nagging fear of lost luggage. You know, the thrill of travel.
- 12:00 PM – Check-in at Anja. The lobby? Gorgeous. That cool, serene vibe that screams "I'm wealthy and relaxed." I'm neither, but I'll happily pretend for the week. The friendly staff, bless their hearts, navigate me through the check-in process, dealing with my jet-lagged mumbling and the general aura of someone who hasn't slept in 36 hours.
- 1:00 PM – Oh, the Luggage Saga Begins… My perfectly packed suitcase? MIA. Seriously, where does luggage go? I'm already imagining myself having to navigate a week in my airport-chic attire. Deep breaths. Remember the mango smoothies…
- 2:00 PM – The Mango Smoothie Revelation. Found a little beachside shack, and ordered a mango smoothie. It was, and I am not exaggerating, the best thing I've ever tasted. Possibly a religious experience. The sun, the sand, the taste of pure, unadulterated mango… I could weep from happiness. My luggage could be sitting in a warehouse in Dubai, I don’t care. Mango smoothie conquers all.
- 3:00 PM – Room Exploration and the Questionable Wi-Fi. My room? Lovely, a little slice of paradise. The balcony view? Stunning. The Wi-Fi? Let's just say it's an adventure in itself. I’m pretty sure my neighbor’s toddler has a faster connection. But hey, maybe this enforced digital detox is a good thing. (I'll probably be saying that in the throes of social media withdrawal by tomorrow).
- 4:00 PM – Beach Stroll and the First Encounter with Vietnamese Charm. Wandered down the beach. The sand is unbelievably soft. The water? Crystal clear. Met a local vendor selling fresh coconuts. He had the kindest eyes and a smile that could melt glaciers. That's when it hit me: This is going to be an amazing trip.
- 6:00 PM – Sunset Cocktails and Silent Prayer for My Luggage. The sunset over the ocean… breathtaking. Absolutely breathtaking. Sipping a delicious (and potent) cocktail while contemplating the vastness of the sea and the mystery of my missing suitcase. Maybe it found its own vacation.
- 7:30 PM – Dinner at the Hotel Restaurant. The food? Delicious, but slightly overwhelmed by the sheer variety. Tried everything I could, leaving me stuffed and slightly defeated. Decided Vietnamese cuisine is best tackled in small, focused portions.
- 9:00 PM – Early night. Jet lag is a beast.
Day 2: Beach Bliss, Spa Shenanigans, and a Near-Death Experience with a Vespa (Kind of).
- 7:30 AM – Wake up in a sun-drenched haze. The promise of breakfast always gets me going.
- 8:00 AM – Breakfast Buffet Bonanza. Seriously, the breakfast buffet at Anja is a work of art. Noodle soup? Check. Fresh fruit? Check. Pastries that are practically begging to be devoured? Double check. Overate. Regret already setting in.
- 9:00 AM – Beach Day! Spent a glorious morning doing absolutely nothing but lying on the beach, soaking up the sun, and listening to the waves. Pure bliss.
- 11:00 AM – Spa Time. Finally. Booked a massage at the hotel spa. The massage was incredible. Truly. I'm not sure what they put in that coconut oil, but I walked out feeling like a new person. (Except, you know, with the same mild anxieties).
- 1:00 PM – Lunch by the Pool. Ordered a burger and fries. Basic, I know. But sometimes you just need a burger.
- 2:00 PM – The Vespa Adventure (and Near-Miss Moment). Decided to be daring and rent a Vespa. I've never driven one before. I immediately realized this was a terrible idea. Let me just say, the first few minutes involved a lot of wobbly driving, near misses with bewildered chickens, and a whole lot of screaming on my part. Definitely needed a change of pants after that experience.
- 3:00 PM – A Little Exploring (and a Big Oops). Somehow, I managed to make it to local market on the Vespa. It was bustling with life and colors. I found an interesting shop, filled with local spices and herbs, and I bought a whole bunch.
- 4:00 PM – Back to the Beach (for safety and relaxation). Needed to regroup after my near-death experience. The beach, in its calming way, helped.
- 6:00 PM – Sunset Cocktails Again! More cocktails, more sunsets. Life is good.
- 7:30 PM – Dinner at a Local Restaurant. Decided to venture outside of the hotel and find a local restaurant - and it was a big mistake! I ordered some seafood - raw fish, I believe, and it didn't go down well. I spent most of the night trying to get comfortable.
- 9:30 PM – Early to bed. Stomach turmoil.
Day 3: Finding the Lost Luggage and A Big Day Out.
- 8:00 AM – Breakfast, cautiously.
- 9:00 AM – Miracle of miracles! My luggage arrived! It had finally arrived! I let the staff know, and an orderly delivered it. The joy was so great, I cried a little.
- 10:00 AM – A trip to the Starfish Beach. It was a long trip, but it was so worth it! There were starfishes of all sizes! What a breathtaking experience!
- 1:00 PM – Time for lunch! The hotel staff suggested a place, so I tried it out. I got more sea food and was wary, but it was a blast!
- 3:00 PM – Back to hotel
- 4:00 PM – The hotel Spa time. Again!
- 6:00 PM – Sunset Cocktails and Silent Prayer for My Luggage.
- 7:30 PM – Dinner at the Hotel Restaurant.
- 9:00 PM – Early night.
Day 4: More of the Good Stuff.
- 8:00 AM – Breakfast, then beach.
- 11:00 AM – Spa time.
- 1:00 PM – Lunch.
- 2:00 PM – Pool time.
- 4:00 PM – Beach time.
- 6:00 PM – Sunset Cocktails and Silent Prayer for My Luggage.
- 7:30 PM – Dinner.
- 9:00 PM – Early night.
Day 5-7: Rinse and Repeat (with occasional bursts of frantic souvenir shopping).
- This is where the days start to blend together like a perfectly shaken cocktail. More beach time. More spa time. More mango smoothies. Maybe a boat trip, maybe some more local food (with slightly more caution).
- The shopping trip. Let me tell you, trying shop through all the vendors is like a contact sport! Everything wants to get your money, and you will eventually fall for at least one of them. I'm now the proud owner of a silk scarf that I'll probably never actually wear and a hand-carved wooden bird that looks suspiciously like a chicken.
- Cooking Class. I took a cooking class! I learned to make spring rolls! I felt like a culinary rockstar! I may have also set off the smoke alarm.
- Then, the inevitable sadness of leaving begins to creep in. Damn you, vacation!
Departure Day: Or, the Day I Become One with the Airport.
- 7:00 AM – Last breakfast at the buffet. Squeezing in one last plate of those pastries.
- 8:00 AM – Check-out. Goodbye, paradise!
- 9:00 AM – Airport chaos. Airports are designed to test your will, aren't they?
- 12:00 PM – Flight time.
- **Whenever –
Escape to Paradise: Anja Beach Resort & Spa - The Messy Truth (and It's Mostly Good!) FAQs
Okay, let's cut the crap: Is Anja Beach Resort REALLY a 'hidden gem'? I've seen the pictures, they're *gorgeous*… but, like, is it Instagram vs. Reality gorgeous?
Alright, alright, let's get real. Yes, the photos make your jaw drop. And YES, Anja IS gorgeous. But... and there's always a but, isn't there? My first impression? "Whoa." Then, "Wait… where ARE the other tourists?" It *feels* hidden. Literally, you feel like you've stumbled upon something special. The sand? Pristine. The turquoise water? The kind that makes you actually gasp. Now, the reality check: it's not *perfect*. You might spot a stray plastic bottle on the beach (the staff are usually on it, bless them). And that stunning infinity pool? Sometimes there are kids splashing and screaming (but hey, that's life). So, is it Instagram-worthy? Absolutely. Is it reality-worthy? Even more so, because the vibe is less about posing and more about… *breathing*. And that, my friends, is priceless. (Except for the actual price, which is… reasonable, considering!)
What's the vibe like? Is it all couples getting romantic, or can a solo traveler (or a rowdy group) fit in?
Vibe check: Anja is *chill*. Like… *super* chill. Lots of couples, yes. Lots of honeymooners looking all lovey-dovey (eye roll, BUT also, good for them!). BUT, I saw solo travelers blissfully reading books in hammocks. Heard a group of friends having a riotous time at the bar. It's really about creating your own experience. Want romance? Easy peasy. Want to be left alone to contemplate the meaning of life while sipping a cocktail? Equally possible. It's not a "party resort," thank heavens. It's more about a relaxed, sophisticated sort of escape. One night I was nursing a drink at the bar and struck up a conversation with a woman who'd been coming back for 5 years. Five years! That alone speaks volumes, right? (I was secretly jealous.)
The beach… is it *actually* swimmable? I've been burned before by brochure beaches.
Oh, the beach… let's dedicate a moment to the beach. It's spectacular. The sand is the kind you can actually sink your toes into – not the coarse stuff that feels like sandpaper. And YES, it's swimmable. The water is clear and calm, perfect for a gentle dip or a proper swim. I spent HOURS in that water, honestly. Just floating, watching the sun set, feeling… free. There might be a little bit of seaweed on occasion, depending on the tides, but the staff works tirelessly to keep it clean. Seriously, I rarely felt more relaxed. One afternoon, I just sat on the beach, watched little kids play in the shallows, and felt a wave of contentment I hadn't felt in… well, a long time. This beach is a *winner*.
Let's talk food. Is the food any good? I'm a foodie, and I judge aggressively.
Okay, foodie friend, brace yourself. The food is… good. Not Michelin-star good, let's be clear. But *good*. The breakfast buffet is standard, but has a great pho station and they make incredible fresh juices. They make a killer omelets, that is a must. The restaurant is open-air overlooking the beach and the sea food is fantastic. the food is pretty affordable, especially compared to the service. The staff is super attentive and always willing to help, also providing some interesting conversations with the staff, who are kind to tourists. Expect fresh seafood, well-prepared Vietnamese dishes, and some western options for the less adventurous. My advice? Eat EVERYTHING. Try the local specialties, the grilled seafood. Don't be afraid to ask for recommendations! And the cocktails? Delicious. Maybe *too* delicious... (I blame the sunshine). I was there for a week and I was definitely eating there, but I could see how it could get a little bit repetitive if you didn't venture out.
Are the rooms nice? I need a comfy bed and a hot shower, no drama allowed.
The rooms are… lovely. Think clean lines, natural materials, and that calming tropical aesthetic. The beds are seriously comfy, and yes, the showers have hot water (hallelujah!). The air conditioning worked like a DREAM. I spent a lot of time just lounging in my room, reading, and staring out at the ocean. Some rooms have private balconies or patios which are perfect for enjoying a morning coffee or an evening cocktail. I will say, the wifi quality was… sometimes questionable. But honestly? It was a good thing. It forced me to disconnect and enjoy the moment. You’re not there to work, you silly goose!
What's there to *do* besides, you know, *be*? I get bored easily.
Okay, okay, even paradise can get boring if you're not careful. Besides beaching and swimming, there's a spa (which I didn't try, because… well, I just didn't), kayaking, paddleboarding, and snorkeling. You can also arrange day trips around Phu Quoc Island, there's a beautiful island in the vicinity! The resort also has a tour desk. I booked a scooter and explored the island (highly recommend!). You can go to a pepper farm, visit a fish sauce factory, or visit a night for some street food, It’s best to do that in a scooter. There are plenty of local restaurant options, just be careful and drink lots of water. But honestly, Anja is the kind of place where "doing nothing" is an activity in itself. Just… *be*. Read a book, listen to the waves, sip a cocktail. It's a good place to disconnect from the world and reconnect with yourself (or your travel companion).
The staff… are they nice? I'm a people person, and service can make or break a holiday.
The staff? Oh, the staff. They are the *best* thing about Anja. Seriously. They're genuinely friendly, helpful, and they go out of their way to make you feel welcome. They remember your name, your drink order, and even your quirky little habits (like always adding extra sugar to your coffee, or only ordering the green smoothie). Their smiles are infectious, and their service is impeccable without being intrusive. They are patient and kind. One morning, I got a terrible sunburn (oops). The staff noticed and immediately offered aloe vera and advice. They honestly felt like family by the end of my stay. They went above and beyond at every turn. They are the reason I will be coming back to Anja.