Hong Kong's BEST Luxury Apartment: IC Lux - Sky Bar, Gym, Pool, & 3-Min MTR!
IC Lux: Hong Kong's Hottest Hangout? My Honest Take
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I just got back from a stay at IC Lux, the place that's supposedly the luxury apartment to be at in Hong Kong. And let me tell you, it's a lot. It's flashy, it's convenient, and honestly? I’m still sorting through my feelings.
First off, the basics: IC Lux boasts a Sky Bar, a Gym, a Pool, and a 3-Minute MTR! (That’s the Hong Kong subway for the uninitiated – and trust me, that proximity, especially in this city, is GOLD.)
Accessibility & Getting Around:
Alright, so accessibility is relatively good. They have facilities for disabled guests which is a HUGE plus. The elevator is a godsend, especially after a long day pounding the pavement. But let's be real, Hong Kong isn't exactly designed for wheelchairs everywhere. I'm not personally using one, but I did notice some tight spaces. Airport transfer options are available, which, after a 12-hour flight, is a lifesaver. And the car park [free of charge] is a sweet deal if you’re driving, rare in this city. They even have a car power charging station (how modern!).
Location, Location, Location - 3-Min MTR! - That's the main selling point for me. I'm easily tired, walking in HK is exhausting. I have used the station every day!
On-site Food & Booze (or the Great Restaurant Rhapsody):
This is where IC Lux really tries to flex. The Sky Bar is…well, it's a sky bar. The views are insane, obviously. I snagged a sunset cocktail, but I'm not gonna lie, it was so packed I felt like I was swimming in a sea of influencers. My drink was pretty good, though. They also offer a Poolside bar - a nice touch (but a bit pricey).
As for food, they have a restaurant with, what felt like, every cuisine imaginable: Asian, International, even a Vegetarian Restaurant. The a la carte menu is a mixed bag. I tried the Asian cuisine, and honestly, some dishes were amazing, others were…mediocre. The breakfast [buffet] was a decent spread. They offer Breakfast in room and room service [24-hour], both of which are tempting if you're feeling lazy (and I usually am). Also, let's not forget the Coffee shop – crucial for a caffeine junkie like me. Plus, they have a snack bar for those late-night cravings. They even had those miniature bottles of water everywhere, perfect for a quick hydration pit stop.
The Room - My Fortress of Solitude?
My room? Yeah, it was swanky. Let's just call it that. All the standard luxury trappings: Air conditioning, bathrobes, bathtub, blackout curtains, coffee/tea maker, complimentary tea, desk, extra-long bed, free bottled water, hair dryer, in-room safe box, Internet access – wireless, all that jazz. The Wi-Fi [free] was a godsend (because, let’s be honest, I can’t live without my Instagram). My room also had an alarm clock, which came in handy, despite being an old-schooler. It was a non-smoking room, which is a relief. They have soundproofing which is absolutely essential when you want to forget you're in a crazy, buzzing city. The window that opens, a rare find!
The Real Luxury – Spa & Relaxation Mania!
Okay, this is where IC Lux shines. The Spa/sauna is pure bliss. I spent WAY too much time in the sauna and the steamroom. They also offer a Foot bath which was amazing after a long day of walking. Need a Massage? They've got you covered. I went for a body scrub and body wrap for the ultimate detox. I definitely recommend it.
Beyond the Bling: Cleanliness & Safety (The COVID Reality):
Look, these days, everyone is hyper aware of germs. IC Lux definitely takes it seriously. Anti-viral cleaning products are used. They offer Daily disinfection in common areas and even room sanitization opt-out available if you are feeling super safe. They have Hand sanitizer everywhere. Staff trained in safety protocol. They even offer individually-wrapped food options. The Safe dining setup put me at ease. They got a first aid kit on site, too.
Things to Do & Services & Conveniences:
IC Lux offers EVERYTHING. They have a Concierge who is helpful. Daily housekeeping is great. They have luggage storage, laundry service and dry cleaning! Everything you could need. The gym/fitness center is top-notch.
For the Kids:
They have babysitting service and are Family/child-friendly.
My Hot Take: The Verdict?
IC Lux is definitely a luxury experience. It’s got the location, the views, the food, and the relaxation – all the fancy trimmings. But it's also a bit…impersonal. It's a place for the ultra-rich, the instagrammers, and those who want the curated experience. Still, It's a solid choice!
My Offer for You - Book Now!
Are you ready to experience luxury in the heart of Hong Kong? Are you ready for IC Lux?
Book your stay at IC Lux TODAY and enjoy:
- Fast, free Wi-fi in all areas, you will have to go online all day.
- 3-Minute MTR Access - Explore Hong Kong with ease and speed!
- Luxurious Spa Treatments - Relax your body and re-energize your mind.
- Stunning Sky Bar Views - Enjoy unforgettable sunsets over Hong Kong.
Click here to book your stay at the IC Lux and experience Hong Kong like never before! (This is where a real website link would go.)
Don't miss out on the ultimate Hong Kong luxury experience. Book your stay at IC Lux today!
Stockholm's Hottest Hotel? Ibis Styles Odenplan's Secret Revealed!Okay, buckle up, buttercup, because this itinerary ain't gonna be all polished Instagram posts and perfect sunsets. We're diving headfirst into Hong Kong, expecting chaos, embracing the delicious messes, and praying the jet lag doesn't completely annihilate us. This is my honest, slightly unhinged, and totally real travel plan for IC Lux High Flr, 3minMTR, Sky Bar, Gym, Pool Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China. Let's go!
Day 1: Arrival and a Slap of Reality (and Dim Sum)
- Morning (aka, Whenever I Finally Drag Myself Out of Bed): Holy moly, jet lag. Arrive at HKG. Pray to the travel gods for minimal delays and that my luggage actually makes it. Seriously, if my noise-canceling headphones don't arrive, I'm building a shrine to them.
- Afternoon: The Great IC Lux Hunt & Dim Sum Dreams Fulfilled: Find my way to the glorious IC Lux (fingers crossed the 3-minute MTR promise is actually, you know, true). I'm picturing a room with floor-to-ceiling windows, and a bed you could get lost in. Okay, reality check. Probably a perfectly lovely room, but I'll be happy if the AC works. (Important note: it's Hong Kong, so the AC better work. In fact, I'll need it blasting – I may melt.)
- The Immersion: Then, Dim Sum. First, the absolute must--the Har Gow. Those translucent shrimp dumplings! I'm not kidding, I will judge the entire city by the quality of the Har Gow. We'll find a place -- maybe Lung King Hee, maybe not, depends on my mood and the lines.
- Evening: Sky Bar Soiree and Mild Panic: The Sky Bar. Okay, here's where the glamour begins. (Or maybe, where I accidentally order the wrong thing because I'm too intimidated by the menu). Drink with a view. The best view of the night, will be the cocktails and snacks. Feel a little overwhelmed by the sheer density of Hong Kong. Is everyone always moving? Am I going to run into a rickshaw? Feel a wave of existential dread. Drink more.
Day 2: Culture Shock, Chaos, and… More Dim Sum
- Morning: Temple Troubles and Market Mayhem: Okay, I must visit a temple today. Maybe Wong Tai Sin. Intend to be respectful. Probably end up taking a selfie. Buy some incense sticks. Get lost in the colors and chaos of the flower market nearby. Wonder if I can smuggle a bonsai tree home. (Probably not.)
- Afternoon: Food Glorious Food (Double Down!): I'm dedicating the entire afternoon to food. Not just any food, but a deep dive into Dim Sum. Where to start?, the real quest. We'll start in a local place. The real place. The place with the old ladies pushing carts. The place where you barely speak English. The place where the tea is perpetually refilled. Forget the tourist traps. This is about experiencing Dim Sum. I want to find the perfect Char Siu Bao, the one that crumbles in your hand and melts in your mouth. I want to try the chicken feet (even though I'm a little squeamish). I want to over-order and then secretly eat everything myself. Yeah. I'm going to gain like 5 pounds. SO WORTH IT.
- Evening: Poolside Chill and Reality TV: Pool time! Assuming the jet lag doesn't completely knock me out. Swim a few laps, feel fancy. Then, back to the room, and spend way too much time watching terrible reality TV. The ultimate travel indulgence.
Day 3: Peak Views, Urban Hiking, and the Great Espresso Quest
- Morning: Peak Performance and Cable Car Craziness: Plan a trip up Victoria Peak. Prepare for crowds. Take a million photos. Feel an overwhelming sense of awe. Try to ignore the overpriced souvenir shops. Pray the cable car isn't a death trap. Try to breathe.
- Afternoon: Urban Hiking and the Great Espresso Quest: Find some stairs and hike around! Hong Kong is all about the up-and-down. I'll need to look up some easy trails, because I'm not a mountain goat. The main aim for this afternoon apart from the hike will be coffee. I'm on a serious mission to find the best espresso in Hong Kong. I'll go into every coffee shop until I've drunk all the best espresso in town.
- Evening: Gym…Maybe? and Sky Bar Redux: Contemplate the gym. Decide against it. Drink more cocktails at the Sky Bar. Watch the city lights twinkle. Feel overwhelmingly grateful I'm here.
Day 4: Shopping Spree (or, More Likely, Window Shopping) and Final Farewells
- Morning: Shopping (the Pretend Kind): Hit up some shops. Probably just window shop. I mean, I want to buy that ridiculously expensive handbag, but my bank account is laughing at me. Get distracted by street food. Buy way too many snacks. Regret it later.
- Afternoon: The Final Dim Sum (Sob!) One last Dim Sum feast. Say goodbye to those delicious dumplings. Vow to return.
- Evening: Packing (or, the Art of Ignoring Reality): Stare at my suitcase. Attempt to pack. Realize I've bought way too many souvenirs. Panic. Say goodbye to HKG. Cry.
Important Notes & Imperfections:
- MTR: I'm sure the MTR is amazing. But I'm also sure I'll get lost at least once.
- Food: I'll probably eat way too much. No regrets.
- Jet Lag: It will be a beast. I'll probably nap at inappropriate times.
- Language: My Cantonese is nonexistent. Prepare for many awkward pointing and gesturing moments.
- Expect the Unexpected: This plan is flexible. Things will go wrong. I'll get lost. I'll probably cry. That's the fun of it, right?
- Emotional Rollercoaster: Expect extreme highs and lows. There will be moments of pure joy and moments of existential crisis. That's just me.
- Opinionated Language: Yes, I might be a little biased. I like dim sum, okay?
- Stream-of-Consciousness Rambling: This is the whole point. Honesty is the best policy.
So, there you have it. My ridiculously honest, probably chaotic, and hopefully hilarious travel plan. Wish me luck (I'll need it). And if you see me in Hong Kong, feel free to say hello. I'll probably be the one with a mouthful of Har Gow and a look of utter bewilderment.
Unbelievable Ube Delights & Hidden Gems: Route Inn Ube, Japan Awaits!