Escape to Palestine: Premier Inn's Texas Oasis Awaits!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're diving deep into the heart – or rather, the Texas-sized heart – of Premier Inn's "Escape to Palestine: Texas Oasis Awaits!" I'm going to be utterly and unapologetically honest here, so get ready for a review that's less PR spin and more… well, me.
First Impressions: Wheelchair Accessible and (Mostly) Welcoming
So, right off the bat, kudos to Premier Inn. Accessibility is a huge win. They've got a decent handle on wheelchair accessibility. They’ve got elevators, accessible rooms, and ramps galore. It's a solid start, which, let’s be real, isn’t ALWAYS a given. Now, I didn't spend every waking moment in a wheelchair during my stay (thankfully!), but I did take a good look around. They seem to have thought about the basics - which is a good foundation.
Internet: Free Wi-Fi – Bless Their Hearts! (and a LAN Connection)
Oh, thank the internet gods! They've got free Wi-Fi in all the rooms. Let's be real, in this day and age, that’s not exactly a luxury, but a necessity. And it WORKED! I mean, I actually got work done (and spent a frankly embarrassing amount of time scrolling through TikTok). The LAN connection? Well, I’m sure it's there for some of you super-techy types, but I didn’t even LOOK at it. My Wi-Fi was doing the trick.
The Rooms: Clean(ish), Comfortable (mostly), and a Few Quirks
Okay, let's get real about the rooms. They’re clean enough for a hotel. Not germ-free lab grade, but definitely pass-the-smell-test (I sniffed). The bed was… well, it was a bed. Not the most luxurious thing in the world, but I slept! The blackout curtains are a godsend. I needed those. You know, after those late nights of… research (ahem).
- Anecdote Alert: My room had an 'extra-long bed,' which sounded fancy. Actually, it just meant the mattress was a bit longer than usual. I'm not complaining, but I'm not sure it added anything to the experience, other than making me feel like a small child in an adult bed.
The 'coffee/tea maker'? Standard. The fridge? Kept my [insert your favourite beverage] gloriously chilled.
Speaking of which, they had a mini bar! Filled with the usual overpriced suspects, of course, but hey, a person can dream of a midnight snack.
- Quirky Observation: I always feel like a detective in a hotel room, checking for the slightest sign of "previous guest." I found a lost sock on my drawer the first day. I tossed it into the laundry bag.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: A Mixed Bag, But…
The on-site restaurant is… well, it's there. Buffet breakfast is the go-to, and it's the usual hotel affair. It’s got the standards: bacon, eggs, and a bewildering array of pastries that all taste suspiciously similar. I snagged a coffee. The coffee shop is a nice touch.
- Emotional Reaction: That breakfast buffet… It was a triumph of mediocrity. The bacon was on the dry side, but the coffee was good, so it all balanced out.
The Happy Hour at the bar? That’s how they get you. I may have taken advantage of the cocktails available.
- Messy Structure: This is where it gets a bit complicated. There's a restaurant, a bar, a poolside bar. Room service (24-hour) is a lifesaver if you’re a night owl like moi. They have a [Western cuisine] restaurant. So many options… So little time.
Things to Do and Ways to Relax: SPA-TASTIC?
Okay, here's where Premier Inn tries to shine. They have a spa! A pool with a view! A sauna! A gym!
Stream-of-Consciousness: The pool was gorgeous… right up until the moment I realized how much chlorine I was breathing in. The sauna… well, it was hot. The gym… I intended to use it. I really did. I even packed my workout clothes. But, you know… life.
Doubling Down on the Spa: Listen, I went for the massage. Did it help? Kinda. Did I feel like a stressed-out potato being kneaded into something resembling a human being? Absolutely. And the foot bath? Amazing. I needed that.
Cleanliness and Safety: COVID-19 Considerations
Opinionated Language: Let’s talk about this. Premier Inn is TRYING. They have hand sanitizer everywhere, staff are wearing masks, and they’re disinfecting common areas. They’ve got "professional-grade sanitizing services." Whether they’re actually FOLLOWING those protocols? Who knows. I didn’t see anyone with a hazmat suit (not that I was looking). The room sanitization opt-out… that’s a thoughtful touch.
More Anecdote: The hand sanitizer by the elevators was frequently empty. The cleaning staff were efficient but not always unobtrusive.
For the Kids & Couple's Room
Opinionated Language: I am sure those kid's facilities were great. I did not check them, as I had no kids. They have a babysitting service.
Opinionated Language: The couple's room? I did not check this one either. I am not with a couple. Hopefully, people can get some romance in them.
Services and Conveniences: A Mixed Bag
Daily housekeeping. A concierge. A gift shop (mostly filled with… things). Cash withdrawal. Everything is there.
- Honest Reaction: The concierge was helpful. The gift shop? I didn't buy anything, but I did browse.
Getting Around:
They have airport transfer. A car park [free of charge]. Taxi service. Everything you need.
The Bottom Line and a Compelling Offer (Finally!)
Look, "Escape to Palestine: Premier Inn's Texas Oasis Awaits!" isn't perfect. There are quirks, imperfections, and the general vibe of a perfectly serviceable, yet not particularly memorable, hotel. However….
BUT HERE'S WHY YOU SHOULD BOOK:
Because you need a break. Because work is killing you. Because you want to relax, enjoy a massage and generally wind down.
Because of its accessibility. If you or someone you love needs a wheelchair-friendly place, Premier Inn is making an effort.
Because you need a damn good deal.
Here's the deal:
- Book your stay at Escape to Palestine: Premier Inn's Texas Oasis Awaits! now and we'll throw in a complementary upgrade to a room with a view (subject to availability).
- Get free breakfast for all guests.
- A welcome drink at their bar!
This offer is valid for bookings made in the next 48 hours!!
Click here to book your escape now and escape the ordinary!
Final Thoughts:
Premier Inn delivers a solid, if slightly unremarkable, experience. It's a reliable option if you're looking for accessibility, cleanliness, and the basic comforts of a hotel. Don't expect to be blown away, but you’ll probably have a decent stay. And hey, that's sometimes all you need, isn't it?
(SEO Stuffing - Because Why Not?)
- Keywords: Premier Inn, Palestine, Texas, hotel, accessible, spa, massage, swimming pool, breakfast, free Wi-Fi, Texas Oasis, vacation, getaway, travel, deals, discounts

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your perfectly-polished Trip Advisor review. This is the unvarnished truth about my misadventure at the… uh… let's just call it the “Premier Inn Palestine, Texas.” (And trust me, I'm already internally judging the name. Palestine? In Texas? Feels like a cultural collision waiting to happen.)
The Itinerary: A Comedy of Errors (and Questionable Carpeting)
Day 1: Arrival, Awkward Encounters, and the Bed That Tried to Kill Me (Metaphorically)
1:00 PM: Arrival at the esteemed Premier Inn (Palestine, TX). Okay, first impressions. The outside looks… beige. Like, aggressively beige. It's the kind of beige that screams, "We haven't updated the decor since, oh, I don't know, the dinosaurs roamed the earth, maybe?" Checking in was a breeze, blessedly. The front desk guy, bless his heart, was a walking encyclopedia of local history. I asked about the oldest building in town, thinking I was being clever, and he just launched into a detailed account of the courthouse, the original settlers, and the… well, I tuned out after the third paragraph about a specific type of brick. I was just trying to make small talk, dude!
2:00 PM: The Room from Hell. I swear, I've slept on futons more comfortable than this bed. It was a disaster. I sunk into the mattress and then realized I was actually sinking. Like, it was swallowing me whole. I felt like one of those characters in a Looney Tunes cartoon who gets sucked into a hole. Okay, slight exaggeration. But seriously, the springs were practically singing a death dirge. Also, the air conditioner sounded like a disgruntled walrus with a sinus infection.
3:00 PM: Exploring Downtown (Or, At Least, Trying To). Palestine's downtown, bless its heart, is definitely "charming." This translates, in my book, to “dated.” I mean, there's character! In the form of peeling paint, faded signage, and the vague smell of… well, “history.” I walked around, pretending to be a sophisticated traveler, and I ended up in front of… a pawn shop! Hey, the stuff in side was very interesting. I even considered buying a crossbow, but after further consideration opted against the purchase.
6:00 PM: Dinner at the "Local" Joint. I’d heard whispers of a diner with, as per the reviews, "the best pie you'll ever eat." I was lured by the promise of sugary bliss! Nope! The pie was meh, which felt like a betrayal of everything I hold dear. The waitress was named Gladys, and she kept calling me "honey," even though I'm pretty sure I looked like I was about to spontaneously combust from the sheer disappointment about the pie - and the heat.
8:00 PM: Back to the Room of Doom. Attempting to sleep. Air conditioner still sounds like the walrus, bed still trying to swallow me. Wishing I'd brought earplugs and a sleeping bag. I tossed and turned, imagining the horrors of the morning.
Day 2: A Day of Discovery (Kinda) and Unexplained Itchiness
7:00 AM: Breakfast (or Attempt Thereof). The free continental breakfast was… well, let’s just say it was generous with the carbs and stingy on the joy. The coffee tasted like it had been brewed in a rusty pipe. The waffles were cardboard-adjacent. I ate a single, sad-looking banana.
8:00 AM: Palestine’s Railroad History (The Saving Grace?). Honestly, this was the highlight. I visited the Texas State Railroad, and, wow, it was an experience! The volunteers were so enthusiastic, and the train itself was a marvel. I loved it! The whistle was magnificent. Even the grumpy old guy who kept muttering about "the good old days" couldn't ruin it. We chugged through the beautiful Texas landscape, taking in the rolling hills and the ancient oaks. Pure bliss! It was truly amazing.
12:00 PM: Lunch and Questionable Hygiene. I decided to try another local establishment, and let's just say the cleanliness standards were… loose. I swear, I felt a mysterious itch on my left arm. I spent the meal discreetly scratching and wondering if I'd contracted something exotic.
2:00 PM: More Railroading. (Why not?) It turns out, I had another great idea, going back to the Railroad Station! But oh, boy, things got worse. I had been looking forward to this all week, but it had to be cut short. The problem was that as I walked into the building, I found myself extremely overwhelmed. There were so many people, who were talking loudly, touching me, and bumping into me. The whole experience was very unpleasant.
3:00 PM: Panic and Escape. I just wanted to get back to my room. I went to the elevator and it took forever. Suddenly, I started to have a panic attack. The elevator was cramped, it was hot, and I couldn't breathe. I started to cry! I ran into my room and started crying more! Okay, so, that hit me harder than I was expecting. I spent the next hour just staring at the beige walls, feeling incredibly sorry for myself. Real, raw, open, and honesty. The hotel room started to feel like a cage.
8:00 PM: Dinner and Reflection (aka, What Did I Do To Deserve This?). Ordering in. Pizza. Enough said. The pizza was underwhelming, but I didn't care. I was curled up in the uncomfy bed, watching reality TV. I was too tired to be miserable. Too tired to care about the air conditioner and the sink hole that was my bed.
Day 3: Escape!
- 7:00 AM: Another Sad Breakfast.
- 8:00 AM: Checkout with the World. I was out. Free! Free from the bed, the heat, and the existential dread of the Premier. I was out, and I never looked back.
Quirks and Observations:
- The hotel lobby had a strange, almost overwhelming, smell of… something. I couldn’t quite place it. Air freshener? Old people? A combination of both? It was a defining characteristic.
- I saw multiple people wearing cowboy boots. Even at the grocery store. It's Texas, I get it, but still.
- The lack of decent coffee was a personal tragedy.
- My overall feeling? Palestine has potential. But the Premier Inn? Might need to rethink its mattress situation.
Emotional Reactions:
- Day 1: Initial disappointment. A slow, creeping sense of unease.
- Day 2: Increasing frustration. Moments of joy (the train, briefly). Then, abject terror.
- Day 3: Pure, unadulterated relief.
Opinionated Language:
- The bed was a crime against humanity.
- The diner's pie lied to me.
- Palestine is… well, it's certainly a place.
- I would not return to the Premier Inn unless forced to.
Final Verdict:
Palestine has charm, but this hotel is a struggle. But hey, that is what experiences like these are for, right? Sometimes, you need a little dose of the unexpected, even if it comes in the form of a subpar hotel room and a disappointing slice of pie. And hey, that train ride was fantastic! So, at the end of the day, I got out of the whole experience, and that's what matters!
Escape to Paradise: Dream Garden Resort Amphawa Awaits!Escape to Palestine: Premier Inn's Texas Oasis Awaits! - FAQ (Because Let's Be Honest, You Have Questions)
Okay, so... Palestine, Texas? Are we talking the Middle East? Because I'm picturing camels and souks, and... well, that's probably wrong.
Alright, settle down, Indiana Jones. No camels. No souks. We're talking *American* Palestine. Think... small-town Texas charm crossed with a healthy dose of "y'all come back now, hear?" Totally different vibe. Honestly, I made the same mistake the first time! Google Maps was my friend. Seriously though, the whole "Palestine, Texas" thing is kinda funny when you think about it. It’s a mental trip!
The Premier Inn. Is it *actually* a Premier Inn, like the UK kind? Because those have a certain... cleanliness standard. And tiny, awful soap.
WHOA. Chill on the soap shade! No, it's *not* the UK Premier Inn. Sadly. (I *do* miss their little toiletries...). This is... a rebranded something-or-other. Think of it as a slightly upgraded, slightly less… *motel-y*… motel. The beds were comfy enough. The air conditioning worked. And that, my friends, is half the battle in Texas, especially in August. Look, it's not the Ritz, but it's clean-ish. And the soap? Well, it's soap. Take your own, if you're fussy. I did... after the first day. Let's just say the initial soap situation wasn't a highlight.
What's there to *do* in Palestine, Texas? Besides, you know, *being* in Palestine, Texas?
Okay, here's where things get interesting. Palestine is… a place of… *character*. There's the Texas State Railroad, which is pretty cool, offering scenic routes. I took my kids, and they LOVED it. The food was alright. I mean, train food, you know? Fine. There's the Anderson County Courthouse, a beautiful old building. (History nerds, rejoice!) And the shops! Oh, the shops. I got some pretty rad antique finds. They actually felt so authentic, it made me think I was in a time warp. Then there's the dogwood trails! They are stunning in the spring. I did one once. It was so peaceful. But I quickly realized that walking the dogwood trails with kids wasn't the most practical idea. Honestly, though, it's the people. Seriously. They’re kind, genuine, and chatty. You'll hear a lot of "bless your hearts." Which, trust me, you will need after battling the heat. (And the parking.)
Is it family-friendly?
Mostly, yes. Unless you have kids who are allergic to slow. Then you might have problems. Most places are welcoming to families. The train ride, as I mentioned, is a winner. But be warned: some of the antique shops are *packed*. So keep those little ones close. And teach them to not touch! I almost had a coronary in one shop because my youngest was eyeing a porcelain doll that I *knew* cost more than my car. Other than that, plenty of outdoor space!
Food! Tell me about the food! Texas food! Is it all BBQ and… other things that clog arteries?
Look, I'm not going to lie: the BBQ game is strong. *Strong*. Prepare to loosen that belt. And embrace the deliciousness. And the nap that follows. There are some great local places serving up brisket and ribs that will make you weep with joy. But there's also some pretty decent Tex-Mex! I found a fantastic little diner that served the best chicken fried steak I’ve ever had. Seriously, writing this is making me hungry. (Okay, I'm going to admit it... I'm *still* dreaming of the chicken fried steak.) But it is, to answer your question, very heavy. Be prepared for that. And don’t expect any Michelin-star restaurants. It's comfort food heaven, folks.
What was the *best* thing about the Premier Inn? (Besides the air conditioning, you mentioned that…)
Okay, beyond the AC (which was truly a godsend), the *best* thing? The quiet. Seriously. I needed a break. Kids. Work. Life. This place? It was quiet. You could hear the crickets. And, okay, the occasional distant train whistle – which, somehow, felt… appropriate. Also: the price. It wasn’t going to break the bank. Which left more money for… well, BBQ.
Worst thing? Be honest!
The wifi. Oh, the wifi. It was… inconsistent. Intermittently functional. Let's just say don't expect to stream a whole bunch of Netflix. (Which, I guess, could be a good thing, depending on your level of digital detox desperation). Also, the breakfast situation... well, let's just say I wound up hitting the local donut shop most mornings. Breakfast: not a highlight. And the parking. It’s a mess. There aren't as many spaces as there are rooms.
Would you recommend it to… anyone?
Look, “recommend” is a strong word. I'm not going to declare this the vacation of a lifetime. But... if you're after a low-key, affordable, and genuinely *interesting* experience, then yeah. If you want to escape the usual tourist traps and immerse yourself in a slice of small-town Texas life, then go. If you like trains, antiques, and BBQ, definitely go. Just go with realistic expectations. And pack your own shampoo. And maybe a portable wifi hotspot. And a map. (Seriously, cell service is spotty. I got lost... several times.) And maybe a book. And a good attitude. Seriously. Go with a good attitude. You’ll have a weird, wonderful time. I did. And I’d go back. Eventually. After some more chicken fried steak dreams.
Final Thoughts? Anything else I should know?
Bring bug spray. Seriously. Mosquitoes, y'all. And fire ants. Learn to spotBest Hotels Blog