Flyinn Hostel Kaohsiung: Taiwan's BEST Hostel? You WON'T Believe This!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups and bubble-tea aficionados, because we're about to dive headfirst into the wild, wonderful world of Flyinn Hostel in Kaohsiung, Taiwan! The question is: is it really Taiwan's BEST hostel? Well, that's a loaded question, like asking if pineapple belongs on pizza (I'm definitely on the "yes" side, by the way). But based on my VERY thorough investigation (aka, a few amazing days and nights there), I'm leaning toward a resounding… maybe. Let's break it down, shall we?
SEO Focus: Flyinn Hostel Kaohsiung Review - Your Taiwan Adventure Awaits!
First Impressions…and the Elevator That Saved My Knees (Accessibility & Getting Around):
Right off the bat, arriving at Flyinn was a breeze. I mean, this is Kaohsiung, not some hidden jungle lair, so getting there is easy, but… the elevator! Bless the person who installed that magic box! Seriously, after a long day of exploring the scorching Taiwanese sun, a lift is a godsend. This is HUGE for anyone with mobility issues or just, you know, hates stairs (me!). They definitely get points for elevator and general accessibility, though I didn't specifically check out every nook and cranny for wheelchair access. My gut feeling is they’ve done their best, given the age of the building.
Rooms & Comfort: A Cozy Nest for the Adventurous Soul
I stayed in a private room (because I’m not quite ready to share snore symphonies with strangers… yet). The room was…well, it was a room! Air conditioning (essential in Taiwan!), a comfortable bed, and the all-important free Wi-Fi. Yeah, Wi-Fi [free] is a MUST in the modern world, and Flyinn delivers. I was also thrilled with the blackout curtains. Hallelujah! It helps you sleep like a baby instead of waking up at dawn. The private bathroom was clean and functional, and they even provided complimentary tea and free bottled water. Little touches like that make a difference. The towels were actually fluffy, not the sandpaper-thin ones you sometimes get at hostels. It could be better in some areas, but, the room was comfy, the bed was well-made, and I slept like the dead - perfect!
Let's Talk Cleanliness & Safety (Because, You Know, We're Living in a Pandemic):
Okay, I’m a bit of a germaphobe, so this section is CRUCIAL. Flyinn gets serious props for taking hygiene seriously. I saw evidence of daily disinfection in common areas, and there was hand sanitizer EVERYWHERE. They’ve clearly invested in anti-viral cleaning products and the staff, bless them, seemed genuinely committed to cleanliness. They also had hygiene certification, which is reassuring. I didn't spot any sterilizing equipment, but honestly, I was satisfied that they were doing everything they could. The rooms sanitized between stays? Check. Safe dining setup? Check. Staff trained in safety protocol? Seemed so! They also had a fire extinguisher everywhere.
Dining, Drinking, & Snacking: Fueling Your Adventures (and Your Belly!)
This is where Flyinn REALLY shines. They have an impressive restaurant. The Asian breakfast was…amazing. The coffee shop was a lifesaver in the morning. I devoured a salad in the restaurant, it was delicious! I didn't get to try the soup in the restaurant or the desserts in restaurant.
The Little Extras (Services & Conveniences):
Flyinn has a lot little services that are thoughtful. The Concierge was helpful, the daily housekeeping was flawless, and the luggage storage was a godsend. The laundry service did the trick.
Fun & Games (Things to Do & How to Relax):
Okay, so Flyinn isn’t a mega-resort with a million amenities. It's more a jumping-off point for exploring Kaohsiung. But in the hostel, they did have a little hangout space where I met other travelers and talked.
Overall Vibe: Casual Cool, Not Frumpy
The atmosphere at Flyinn is fantastic. It’s not a party hostel where you’ll be kept up all night. It’s more of a chilled-out vibe. What I did enjoy was the space and the fact it was a great location to easily walk to.
The Verdict: Is Flyinn the BEST Hostel in Taiwan?
Look, "best" is subjective. But for the price, location, cleanliness, and overall vibe, Flyinn Hostel in Kaohsiung is damn impressive. If you're looking for a comfortable, clean, conveniently located basecamp for your Kaohsiung adventure with a great atmosphere, I wholeheartedly recommend it.
My Quirks and Personal Observations:
- I wish they have more plug points next to the bed, I was always battling for outlets with my phone, camera, and the world.
- One small, tiny complaint. They were lacking in international power adapters.
- The staff, again, were super kind and efficient. They were actually happy to help and gave me excellent local recommendations.
The Offer: Book Your Kaohsiung Adventure at Flyinn Hostel!
Ready to explore the vibrant city of Kaohsiung? Flyinn Hostel is your perfect home base!
Here's what you get:
- Comfortable, clean rooms with free Wi-Fi and air conditioning to keep you cool.
- Delicious Asian breakfasts to fuel your adventures.
- A safe and hygienic environment with rigorous cleaning protocols.
- A friendly and helpful staff ready to help you discover the best of Kaohsiung.
- A chill, social atmosphere where you can meet fellow travelers.
- Great location, near everything!
Book now and receive a 10% discount and a free welcome drink! Don't delay - rooms are filling up fast! Click here to book your adventure, and use promo code KAOHSIUNGROCKS! This offer is exclusive to this review! So, what are you waiting for? Book your unforgettable experience now! Flyinn Hostel: Your adventure starts here!
Shenzhen's BEST Hotel? Holiday Inn Express Nanshan Review!Flyinn Hostel Kaohsiung: My Brain Dump (aka a Trip Itinerary) - Buckle Up, Buttercups!
Alright, so Kaohsiung. Taiwan. Flyinn Hostel. Sounds organized, right? Ha! Let's see if my brain can handle organization. Basically, this will be my attempt at a "schedule," but with a healthy dose of chaos. Consider this less a travel plan and more a stream-of-consciousness ramble, complete with questionable decisions and probably some tears (hopefully happy ones).
Pre-Trip Anxiety (aka, the "Oh God, Did I Pack Enough Underwear?" Phase):
- Days Before: Hyperventilate intermittently. Spend way too much time on Skyscanner comparing flight prices even though I already booked them. Stare at my passport like it's some kind of magic key that opens up a world of noodles.
- Night Before: Pack. Unpack. Repack. Realize I forgot travel adapters. Curse my past self. Scramble to find my lucky travel socks (they have tiny pandas on them, very important). Worry I'll be that person who forgets their toothbrush.
Day 1: Arrival & Sensory Overload (plus, The Great Toilet Paper Debacle)
- Morning (Still technically pre-trip, but who's counting?): Flight lands. Jet lag hits like a rogue wave. The air is thick, humid, and smells faintly of… something delicious. Already obsessed. Immigration – Yay! Don't get arrested!
- Afternoon (Check-in & Hostel Shenanigans): Flyinn Hostel… oh, the buzz of anticipation! Find the place (hopefully). Check-in: smile charmingly (or try to). Pray I haven't booked into a dorm full of snorers. The hostel lobby is bright, modern, a little overwhelming. "Okay, self," I mumble, "Deep breaths." I check in, find an elevator, navigate a maze to my bunk.
- The Great Toilet Paper Debacle: Okay, this deserves its own section. I arrive in the bathroom, desperate to relieve myself after a long flight. There's no toilet paper! Panic sets in. Is this some kind of Taiwanese initiation? Do I have to use… the hose thing? I awkwardly waddle out, looking for a communal TP stash. Find absolutely nothing. Start frantically waving like a mad woman to get the attention of a staff member until they give me a roll. Crisis averted, peace restored.
- Evening (Exploration & Noodle Nirvana): First exploration! The night market is a must. So, here's where I go wrong. I immediately stumble because I think I can eat everything in sight. The vendors, the smells… my stomach's growling like a rabid… well, you get the idea. I grab a bowl of beef noodle soup that tastes like pure, unadulterated happiness and then try everything else. I’m talking: Stinky tofu (surprisingly good!), steamed buns, some unknown fried thing that's probably going to give me food poisoning (worth it!), and a weird fruit I can’t identify. Stomach is officially full, heart is content. Attempt to navigate the streets. Get lost (naturally). Embrace the chaos.
Day 2: Temples, Trains & Tourist Traps
- Morning (Temple Time & Lost in Translation): Time to visit a temple! The fragrance of incense fills the air, and the architecture is mind-blowing. I'm captivated, seriously. Try to take some photos, but it feels disrespectful to be documenting all of this sacred space. I end up staring at a particular Buddha statue for way too long. The quiet is powerful. I try to decipher the meanings behind the calligraphy scrolls. Fail miserably. Get completely lost in translation. It's glorious.
- Afternoon (The MRT & the Long-Suffering Subway Seat): Figure out the MRT (Kaohsiung's subway). It’s clean, efficient, and blessedly air-conditioned. I feel vaguely competent. I'm sitting on the train, and some woman is going, "Blah blah blah." I realize she is looking at me, and I'm like, "Oh great, I'm blocking someone's seat." No, its much worse. I'm pretty sure the lady is looking at me because she is trying to tell me that I am sitting on her purse. "Oh," I say, "Oh jeez!" I have to get up and sit somewhere else.
- Evening (Pier-2 Art Center & My Existential Crisis): Pier-2 Art Center. Cool industrial vibe. Art installations. Take some artsy pictures. Start questioning my own artistic aspirations. Are my photos even art? Wander around a bit. Get slightly philosophical. Contemplate the meaning of life while staring at a giant iron sculpture. Eat a very overpriced ice cream cone from a hipster cafe. Regret the ice cream cone…slightly. Think "okay, this is awesome."
Day 3: Mountains, Markets & Massages (and a Near-Death Experience with a Scooter)
- Morning (Banana Pier & the Allure of the Water): Banana Pier. Pretty. Beautiful. Try to take a photo without a ton of other people. Realize that's impossible. I wish I was smart enough to know when the best time to be somewhere is, but I'm not. I spend a lot of time watching the boats and wishing I was on one.
- Afternoon (Scooter Dreams & Near-Death Experience): Okay, this is a big one. Consider renting a scooter. Briefly. Then remember I barely passed my driving test back home. Watch other tourists zoom along on scooters with a mixture of envy and sheer terror. Decide that my life is worth more than a photo-op. Seriously reconsider my near death experience.
- Evening (Night Market Round Two…and a Massage Disaster): Night market, take two! Go to a different one this time. Eat more things. Buy a questionable souvenir. Important Note: Get a massage. This is supposed to be relaxing. Nope, I end up in a room full of other people. The masseuse… she’s a force of nature. She massages me. She is a gentle giant who does not speak my language, but I am sure she does not want me to turn into a pile of ash.
- Post-Massage Ramblings: I can't even move. I have a good story to tell, but I cannot think of the words. I'm very stiff and very quiet in the hostel.
Day 4: Goodbyes (and a Plea for More Time)
- Morning (Breakfast & Regrets): Last breakfast at Flyinn. Stuff my face with all the delicious things. Seriously, I need to copy down the recipe for their fried dough for my dreams. Wish I had time for a second helping. And a third. Realize I haven't seen everything. I want a week, a month, a lifetime!
- Afternoon (Airport & The Empty Feeling): Head to the airport. Say goodbye to Kaohsiung. Feel a profound and slightly heartbreaking pang of sadness. Start planning my return trip before I even leave the country. Promise myself I'll learn some basic Mandarin next time.
Final Thoughts:
This "itinerary" might seem messy and incomplete, but that's kind of the point. Travel isn't about ticking off boxes; it's about embracing the unexpected, making mistakes, and discovering things about yourself you never knew. Kaohsiung, and the Flyinn Hostel, were amazing. I'll definitely be back. And next time, I'm getting that scooter. (Maybe). Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to look for more noodles. And maybe TP. Just in case.
Aelia Villa Thassos: Your Dream Greek Island Escape Awaits!Flyinn Hostel Kaohsiung: Taiwan's BEST Hostel? You WON'T Believe This! (Seriously, It's Kinda Crazy)
Okay, Okay... What *Actually* Makes Flyinn Special? Is It Just Hype?
Plus, the art! Everywhere! Actual, cool art that's not just generic travel photos. It's like staying in a gallery, but one where you can also drink cheap beer and swap travel stories.