Shang Shan Ting Chao Hotel: Nantou's BEST Kept Secret (Unbelievable Views!)

SHANG SHAN TING CHAO HOTEL Nantou Taiwan

SHANG SHAN TING CHAO HOTEL Nantou Taiwan

Shang Shan Ting Chao Hotel: Nantou's BEST Kept Secret (Unbelievable Views!)

Shang Shan Ting Chao: Nantou's BEST Kept Secret? Let's See… (Unbelievable Views! …Maybe)

Okay, let's get this straight. I love a good secret. And "Shang Shan Ting Chao Hotel: Nantou's BEST Kept Secret!" – that's a promise. Right? I mean, Nantou? Mountains? Unbelievable views? My bags are practically packed already. But hold your horses, folks. We're going in deep. This isn't your average, polished review. This is the raw, unfiltered truth. Buckle up.

First Impressions & Accessibility: (Getting There is…an Adventure)

Finding this place was, shall we say, a journey. The "accessibility" aspect? Well, the website said "easy access"… Let's just say, my GPS might have been having a bad day. The roads winding up the mountain are tight, and honestly, a little terrifying at night. So, if you're not a confident driver, maybe factor in a taxi. (Car park [free of charge] and car park [on-site] are both big pluses, though!)

Once you do arrive, the lobby is… welcoming. Think sleek, modern, but with a touch of that classic Taiwanese hospitality. (The elevator is a lifesaver, by the way!) I was particularly happy to see the facilities for disabled guests are present.

Cleanliness & Safety: (Feeling Secure is a MUST)

Okay, this is where Shang Shan Ting Chao shines. Seriously. From the moment you step in, it's immaculate. (Staff trained in safety protocol, daily disinfection in common areas, professional-grade sanitizing services… the whole darn shebang.) I felt incredibly safe. Especially with CCTV in common areas and outside the property. And the little details? Anti-viral cleaning products, hand sanitizer everywhere. It's clear they're taking things seriously. Especially in the current climate, that peace of mind is worth its weight in gold. (Rooms sanitized between stays too - bonus!)

Rooms: (Views, Views, Views! (Mostly))

OK, let's talk about the rooms. (They've got everything!) Air conditioning, blackout curtains (essential!), free Wi-Fi (hallelujah!), a mini-bar (score!), a safe box (always good!). But let's get to the juicy stuff – the views. The website promised "unbelievable." And… well, they're good. Really good. But here's the thing: my room's view was partially obscured by a particularly stubborn tree. (First world problems, I know, I know!) However, I got a peak one day. Absolutely breathtaking. (I'd recommend requesting a high floor – my room on the higher floor felt luxurious!) Wake-up service! And the bed? Heavenly. Seriously. (Extra long bed, too! Perfect for a restless sleeper like me.)

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: (Food, Glorious Food! (Mostly))

This is where things got interesting. The Restaurants are the stars. (Asian cuisine in restaurant, Western cuisine in restaurant, Breakfast [buffet], a la carte in restaurant…) Breakfast? A glorious buffet of Asian and Western delights. I went straight for the congee and dumplings, because, well, duh. The coffee? Not bad. The coffee shop is perfect for a mid-afternoon caffeine fix. The Poolside bar? A lifesaver after a long day of hiking. Honestly, the selection was phenomenal. But there were some minor hiccups. (The "alternative meal arrangement" was good – although a little hard to find at first.)

For the Kids: Babysitting service. Family/child friendly. Kids facilities. Kids meal.

Services and Conveniences: (They Thought of Everything!)

The staff? Absolutely wonderful. Sweet, helpful, and always ready with a smile. (24-hour front desk, concierge, laundry service, dry cleaning… the works!) Need to withdraw cash? **(Cash withdrawal) **Need an invoice? (Invoice provided) .The luggage storage was a godsend. And the gift/souvenir shop was cute, but a little pricey. (Don't forget the doorman too!)

Things to Do, Ways to Relax: (Spa? Yes, Please!)

This is where Shang Shan Ting Chao really delivers. (Swimming pool [outdoor], Pool with view, Spa, Sauna, Steamroom, Fitness center, Massage, Body scrub, Body wrap, Foot bath, Gym/fitness!) I spent hours by the pool, just soaking up the sun and the views. The spa? Pure bliss. I indulged in a massage that melted away all my stress. And honestly, the sauna after a long day of hiking? Heaven. It was an incredible experience.

Internet Access: (Connected or Disconnected?)

Internet access – Wireless, Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!, Internet access – LAN, Internet, Internet services, Wi-Fi in public areas… They have internet. It's reliable, and speedy. The laptop workspace was perfect for catching up on emails – or just planning my next adventure.

The Verdict: (Worth the Trip?)

So, is Shang Shan Ting Chao Hotel Nantou's BEST Kept Secret? Look, it's not PERFECT. The drive is a bit hairy, and that tree was a personal affront. But the views? The cleanliness? The service? The spa? Absolutely. Access: Bicycle parking, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service, Valet parking, Airport transfer Services and Conveniences: Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Essential condiments, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Safety deposit boxes, Smoking area, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center, Business facilities, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Essential condiments, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Seminars, Shrine, Smoking area, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center Rooms: Additional toilet, Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Shared stationery removed, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment, Doctor/nurse on call, First aid kit, Hand sanitizer, Hot water linen and laundry washing, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Shared stationery removed, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment

My final thought: Do you want a luxurious getaway with incredible views and a serious commitment to cleanliness and relaxation? Book it. Seriously. Just… be prepared for a bit of an adventure to get there. But trust me, it's worth it.

Here's the Real Deal, a Compelling Offer:

Escape to Shang Shan Ting Chao Hotel: Nantou's Hidden Paradise!

Are you craving breathtaking mountain views, a luxurious escape from the everyday, and a truly SAFE and clean oasis?…

We're offering YOU, our adventurous reader, an insider's peek into Nantou's best-kept secret. Shang Shan Ting Chao Hotel:

Here's what you'll LOVE:

  • UNBELIEVABLE Views: Yes, really. Even if a rogue tree tries to photo-bomb your panorama.
  • Spa Bliss: Indulge in massages, saunas, and pools overlooking the mountains. Pure relaxation.
  • Impeccable Cleanliness: Rest easy knowing every corner is sanitized and safe.
  • Culinary Delights: Breakfast buffet, Asian delicacies, and Western comforts – all in one place! *
Seoul's Hottest Apartment: Your Dream Pad Awaits!

Book Now

SHANG SHAN TING CHAO HOTEL Nantou Taiwan

SHANG SHAN TING CHAO HOTEL Nantou Taiwan

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your perfectly polished travel brochure. This is me, warts and all, stumbling through a few days at the Shang Shan Ting Chao Hotel in Nantou, Taiwan. Prepare for the rollercoaster.

Shang Shan Ting Chao Hotel: Nantou, Taiwan – The Unfiltered Edition

(Day 1: Arrival, Altitude Sickness, and Accidental Noodle Soup Slurping Contest)

  • Morning (Uh… whenever I could drag myself out of bed): So, flights are brutal, right? Especially when you're convinced you've packed everything and then realize you forgot… the essential shampoo?! Anyway, finally landed in Taoyuan. The airport staff was ridiculously efficient, which is always a good thing, because trust me, I'm not. Then, the drive to Nantou. Scenery? Majestic. My stomach? Trying to stage a breakout. I think altitude sickness might be my new nemesis. Seriously, I felt like a balloon slowly deflating.

  • Afternoon: Check-In Chaos & A View That Just About Made Me Forget I Was Green-Faced: Getting to the Shang Shan Ting Chao Hotel was a victory in itself. The lobby! Glorious wood, the smell of something vaguely floral (could’ve been the air freshener, could’ve been heaven), and that view. Forget the altitude, for a moment. Mountains piled upon mountains, like some giant, green-velvet cake. My room? Clean. Minimalist. Exactly what I needed to crash and recharge (altitude sickness, remember?).

  • Evening: The Noodle Incident & The Slurping Showdown: Dinner. Oh, dinner. The hotel restaurant had a fantastic menu. I opted for the beef noodle soup. Now, I have never been a graceful eater. Especially when battling the first signs of altitude sickness. Let's just say my first slurp was… enthusiastic. So enthusiastic, in fact, the elderly couple across from me started laughing. And then, the owner, a tiny woman with a smile that could launch cruise ships, challenged me to a slurp-off! We slurped, laughed, spilled, and generally made a fool of ourselves. The noodles were delicious, though. No regrets. And the altitude sickness? Surprisingly, the laughter actually helped.

(Day 2: Tea Tasting Trauma & The Waterfall That Nearly Won)

  • Morning: The "Gentle" Hike & A Near-Death Experience (Dramatic Pause): Okay, the hotel offered a guided hike. "Gentle," they said. "Relaxing," they said. Lies. Pure. Blatant. Lies. I'm not exactly Bear Grylls, and this "gentle" hike involved some serious incline. My lungs were screaming, my legs were shaky, and I suspect I nearly became a snack for some local wildlife. The views, however, were (once again) phenomenal. Just… maybe pack a defibrillator next time.

  • Afternoon: Tea Tasting – My Taste Buds Surrendered: Tea farms are everywhere in Nantou. The hotel recommended a tea tasting nearby. I went in expecting a refined experience. I came out… confused. So many teas! So many tiny cups! I think I accidentally drank the equivalent of a small swimming pool of caffeine. I couldn't tell the difference between the oolong and the jasmine after the third cup. But the tea farmer, a woman with eyes that held centuries of wisdom, was lovely. She just smiled at my glazed-over expression and gave me a small, wooden tea-leaf shaped spoon as a parting gift. I’m still not sure what to do with it. A souvenir, I suppose.

  • Evening: The Waterfall – My Almost-Triumphant Moment: The hotel suggested a visit to the nearby waterfall. This? This was incredible. The sound, the mist, the sheer power of the water… it was awe-inspiring. I even – gasp – considered going for a swim. But the water looked cold (and, let's be honest, I had a distinct feeling I hadn't quite recovered from the hike). So, I just stood there, mesmerized, letting the mist kiss my face. For one glorious moment, I felt like I could take on the world. Then, I stepped on a slippery rock and very nearly became part of the waterfall. Close call.

(Day 3: The Farewell Fears and Food Coma Fiesta)

  • Morning: Sleep, Glorious Sleep & a Last Glimpse: I practically lived in my hotel room this morning. I slept in the longest. No amount of mountain views can compete with the need to sleep in. I finally got up, and stared at the view just one more time, before preparing to check out. The altitude sickness was mostly gone, thankfully. I went for a walk around the hotel, just to get a final view, before leaving.

  • Afternoon: The Day-Ending Lunch Before leaving, I decided to eat at the same place as before. I met the owner once again, that tiny woman with a smile as bright as the mountain sun. We had a chat, and before I knew it, I was having the biggest, most delicious meal I'd had in a long time. So full, I could barely move. Goodbye, Shang Shan Ting Chao Hotel, thank you for a wonderful stay!

Final Thoughts:

This trip to the Shang Shan Ting Chao Hotel was messy, imperfect, and – in its weird, chaotic way – perfect. I came, I saw, I nearly fell down a waterfall. I slurped noodles. I drank too much tea. And, despite all the mishaps? I wouldn't trade a single, slightly-altitude-sick moment. It was a reminder that travel isn't about perfection, it's about experience, about embracing the chaos, and about finding the humor in the chaos. And most importantly, don't forget the shampoo next time.

Kingsport, TN Getaway: Unbeatable Econo Lodge Deals!

Book Now

SHANG SHAN TING CHAO HOTEL Nantou Taiwan

SHANG SHAN TING CHAO HOTEL Nantou Taiwan

Shang Shan Ting Chao Hotel: Nantou's "Best Kept Secret" - Seriously Though? (FAQ...ish)

Okay, is the view REALLY as good as everyone says? I mean, really? Because Instagram lies. A lot.

Alright, buckle up buttercup. The view? It's… a thing. Actually, it's more than a thing. It's like a slap in the face, but a really, really pretty slap. My first impression? Jaw on the floor. I arrived after a hair-raising taxi ride (more on that later), and the moment I stepped onto the balcony… yeah. The photos *kinda* capture it. But the actual feeling, the sheer *vastness* of the mountains unfolding before you, with the sea of clouds just… *sitting there*, like a fluffy white blanket… it’s almost overwhelming. You know? One moment, you’re thinking about how much your feet hurt from the drive, the next you're completely lost in it. I spent a good fifteen minutes, possibly longer, just… breathing. It's breathtaking. Actually breathtaking. I almost tripped going in. Worth it.

The location. It *looks* remote. How do you even *get* there? Do I need a Sherpa?

Right, so the location is… let's call it "charmingly inaccessible." Getting there is an adventure in itself. You *do* need to embrace your inner Indiana Jones. First, you (probably) fly into Taichung. Then, prepare for a cab ride that makes you question your life choices. Our driver… let’s just say he had ambitious cornering skills. We were clinging to the seats, white-knuckled, at some point. The road up is winding, narrow, and sometimes, terrifyingly close to a cliff edge. Seriously. Bring motion sickness medication. And maybe a prayer. The hotel offers a shuttle, which is probably your sanity’s best bet. Consider it an investment in your blood pressure. It's remote, but that's part of the charm. You're escaping the world, you know? No pizza places, no malls, just… trees and clouds. And a hotel. Which is the entire point, isn't it?

What about the rooms? Are they as luxurious as they look in the pictures? I'm a little bougie.

Alright, look, I’m not exactly roughing it either. The rooms are… comfortable. Let’s go with that. They're clean, spacious, and those views? They're woven into every aspect of the room. Huge windows, balconies… it’s all about that panorama. The decor is… a little dated. Okay, a lot dated. Think… late 90s, early 2000s, but in a good way. It's charmingly retro. The bathroom was… fine. It did its job. The water pressure was a little… anemic. Minor detail. The important thing? I had a view that made me forget I had a dodgy shower head, AND I spent hours just staring out the window, judging my life choices. You're not paying for the five-star marble bathrooms with golden faucets. You're paying for the *escape*. The room is just a… vessel for that. But yes, bring your own shampoo. Trust me.

Let's talk food. Is it any good? Because, y'know, travel is 50% eating.

Ah, the food. Okay, the hotel restaurant is… a story. It's included in the room price, which is good. Breakfast is… simple but adequate. You’ve got your standard Taiwanese fare. Tasty, but not mind-blowing. Dinner is where things get interesting. They have a set menu which changes daily. Which is cool, right? Keeps things fresh. Sometimes. One night, I had a… dish. My memory is a bit hazy but I think it involved bamboo shoots. And sea weed. It wasn’t my favorite. Another night, I had some sort of delicious fish. Honestly, it was hit or miss. But! The view from the dining room is even better than the view from the room. So, you know. You're basically paying for the scenery and getting fed as a bonus. Embrace the adventure. Maybe pack your own snacks. Just in case. It's the experience that matters. Isn't it?

Okay, I'm sold on the view. But seriously. What is it *actually* like? Is it just… mountains? Are there clouds? Tell me, dammit!

Alright, okay. Let me paint you a picture. Imagine… the biggest, most breathtaking canvas you've ever seen. And someone’s just gone wild with the colours. Imagine a tapestry of vibrant green hills and deep, shadowy valleys. Imagine these massive, imposing mountains standing right in front of you. And the clouds? They're not just *in* the sky. They're everywhere! Sometimes, they're below you, like a fluffy ocean you can practically dive into. Sometimes, they're drifting through the valleys, playing hide-and-seek with the peaks. Sometimes, the sun bursts through, painting the entire scene in shades of gold and rose. It's… indescribable. Really. I have almost no words to express how amazing that view truly is. It changes constantly. Its just mesmerizing, that is the only way I can put it. I ended up sitting on my balcony with my coffee for hours! And that is not something me nor my feet usually do.

I'm a morning person, I *love* sunrises. What's the sunrise like? Is it worth the effort?

Oh. My. God. The sunrise. YES. YES. YES! If you're even remotely a morning person, this is non-negotiable. Get up. Drag yourself out of bed. The air is crisp and clean. The anticipation… it’s building, building, building. Then, BAM! The sky explodes with color. First, subtle hues of lavender and pink, then oranges, then fiery reds. The sun crests over the mountains, bathing everything in a warm, golden light. It illuminates the clouds, making them glow. The entire world seems to wake up. You can actually *feel* the energy shift. And the best part? You're there, witnessing it. Alone. With your coffee. Or, like me, with my (very grumpy) travel buddy, who became oddly silent for a long moment. It’s worth every single minute of lost sleep. It’s transcendent. Just… do it. Don't even question it.

What if the weather's bad? What if it's all fogged in? Is the trip a complete waste?

Okay, let's be real. Mountain weather is fickle. There's aHoneymoon Havenst

SHANG SHAN TING CHAO HOTEL Nantou Taiwan

SHANG SHAN TING CHAO HOTEL Nantou Taiwan

SHANG SHAN TING CHAO HOTEL Nantou Taiwan

SHANG SHAN TING CHAO HOTEL Nantou Taiwan