Sapporo's BEST Kept Secret: Grids Hotel & Hostel (Amazing Deals!)
Sapporo's "BEST Kept Secret" Unveiled (Because I Can't Keep Shut About Grids Hotel & Hostel!) – A Messy, Honest Review
Okay, people. Listen up. I just got back from Sapporo, and let me tell you, I uncovered a secret. Not a buried treasure of gold (though that would have been AMAZING), but a treasure of a different kind: Grids Hotel & Hostel Sapporo. And honestly? I'm still buzzing. Forget the tourist traps, this is where it's at. Let's dive in, shall we? This ain't gonna be your typical, sterile travel blog review. We're gonna get down in the dirt (well, hopefully not literally, thanks to their anti-viral cleaning products!).
First, the Essentials (and What Really Matters):
- Accessibility: Okay, so I'm not wheelchair-bound, but I did see elevators, and the review notes facilities for disabled guests. That's a huge plus for anyone who needs it. Elevator is a lifesaver.
- Cleanliness & Safety: (Important in these times!) Holy moly. Seriously impressed. HUGE emphasis on cleaning. Like, daily disinfection in common areas, rooms sanitized between stays, professional-grade sanitizing services. They've got hand sanitizer everywhere. And the staff? Trained to the teeth in safety protocols. They even had individually-wrapped food options! Seriously, felt safer there than in my own freakin' apartment. They had Sterilizing equipment which makes me feel absolutely safe.
- Internet Access & Techy Stuff: Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! (Yay!) And Internet [LAN] if you're into that wired life. Plus, Wi-Fi in public areas. Never had an issue, even during peak Insta-stalking hours.
- Check-In/Out: Contactless check-in/out? YES, PLEASE. Check-in/out [express] and Check-in/out [private] made things even easier. Less time waiting, more time exploring.
Rooms & Amenities: Let's Get Cozy (and Honest):
Okay, so the rooms…They're not the Ritz (duh, it's a hostel & hotel!), but they're clean, well-maintained, and FUNCTIONAL. I had a room with air conditioning, which was a lifesaver in the Sapporo heat (yes, it gets hot!). Mine included a desk for working (or pretending to), an alarm clock (thank god), and a safe to keep my precious travel snacks (and passport!). The blackout curtains were clutch for sleeping off those jet lag naps.
- Available in all rooms: Free bottled water. The Hair dryer was a godsend. The Toiletries were good. Slippers. It had it all.
- Bathroom: Bathtub was a big yes. Additional toilet was a big yes too.
- Connectivity The Internet access – wireless was amazing.
- Comfort The Sofa was very cozy.
I even opted for a Non-smoking room, which, as a non-smoker, was a godsend. They also have Soundproof rooms, which are great too. Just a real solid, comfy base camp for exploring.
Things to Do (Besides Sleep!):
- Dining, Drinking & Snacking (Because Calories Don't Count on Vacation!): Okay, this is where Grids REALLY shines. There's a Coffee shop, a Bar, and Restaurants on site, so you're never far from sustenance. They have Asian cuisine in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, and Western cuisine in restaurant. I recommend the breakfast [buffet]. So much deliciousness! And yes, they have coffee/tea in restaurant. I saw many Desserts in restaurant too.
- Services and Conveniences (Life-Savers!): Daily housekeeping is the best. The Concierge was incredibly helpful. The Currency exchange made things easy. They even have a convenience store, so late-night snack cravings are easily satisfied. Laundry service and Dry cleaning. Luggage storage, too.
- Getting Around: Easy peasy. They have Car park [free of charge]! Airport transfer is a bonus if you're arriving/departing. Taxi service is readily available. So easy.
The "Secret" Sauce: What Makes Grids Truly Special:
Okay, this is where I get all gushy. What really made Grids stand out wasn't just the clean rooms and the free Wi-Fi (though those are major wins). It was the vibe. It's casual but clean. The staff were genuinely friendly and helpful, not just going through the motions. They really made you feel welcome. It's a place where you can actually relax.
A Moment of My Own (Because This Is My Review!):
I went to the Sauna. BEST sauna in my life. It was small, but perfectly formed. I sat there, sweat dripping down me, and just…breathed. It was pure bliss. Then, a quick shower, and back to the Pool with view to soak up the remaining day's sunlight. My mind was quiet, I was feeling great, I can tell you.
The Oddities & Quirks (Because No Place Is Perfect):
- The signage can be a little confusing at times. Embrace the adventure!
- The Breakfast [buffet] is amazing, but get there early, or you might miss your favorite item.
Final Verdict & My Unsolicited Advice:
Highly Recommend! If you're looking for a clean, comfortable, and affordable place to stay in Sapporo, look no further than Grids Hotel & Hostel. It's the perfect base camp for exploring the city.
My unsolicited Sapporo Tip: Embrace the mess. Sapporo is a city of delicious food, stunning scenery, and friendly people. Go explore, get a little lost, and make some memories. And when you're ready to crash, head back to your cozy home at Grids.
Now, for the Sales Pitch (Because, Duh, I'm Writing a Review!)
STOP SCROLLING! Your Sapporo Adventure Starts HERE! Unbeatable Deals at Grids Hotel & Hostel – Your Secret Weapon!
Tired of overpriced hotels and boring hostels? Craving an authentic Sapporo experience without breaking the bank? Then Grids Hotel & Hostel is calling your name!
Here's the deal (literally!):
- Killer Prices: Unbeatable rates that'll leave you with more cash for ramen, beer, and exploring!
- Prime Location: Minutes from the Sapporo Station and all the action. Easy access to everything!
- Cleanliness You Can Trust: Relax and enjoy your trip!
- Vibe Check: Relax in a place where you can meet wonderful people and relax and be welcome.
- Amenities Galore: Free Wi-Fi, delicious food and drinks (happy hour, anyone?), convenient laundry services, and more!
Limited-Time Offer: Book your stay at Grids Hotel & Hostel now and receive a special discount of 15% on your first night! (Use code "SAPPOROSECRET" at checkout!)
Don't wait! Sapporo is calling, and this deal won't last forever! Click here to book your unforgettable adventure at Grids Hotel & Hostel today!
(P.S. Tell them I sent you. Maybe they'll give me a discount on my next stay!)
Escape to Paradise: LunaStay's Cozy Double Room Awaits!Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your perfectly curated Instagram travel diary. This is the raw, unfiltered, likely-to-be-slightly-disaster-prone chronicle of my Sapporo adventure, specifically based out of GRIDS Sapporo Hotel & Hostel. Get ready for some serious stream-of-consciousness, folks. And apologies in advance for the tangents. They're kinda my thing.
GRIDS SAPPORO: My Launchpad to (Potential) Glory (and Probably Embarrassment)
Day 1: Arrival & Ramen Rampage (aka Jet Lagged Lunacy)
- Morning (ish): Landed at New Chitose Airport. The air felt…different. Fresh? Pristine? Maybe it was just the sheer relief of being on the ground. Figuring out the train was a mild panic attack disguised as a mildly confused tourist. Thank God for Google Maps. Seriously, that app is my travel guardian angel.
- Afternoon: Checked into GRIDS. Okay, first impression? Rad. Super clean, minimalist chic. My dorm room? Tiny, but hey, it's a roof over my head, and I'm pretty sure the guy across from me is already snoring. (Note to self: invest in earplugs. Immediately.)
- Ramen Apocalypse: Right. Immediately after dropping off my bag, my stomach began its insistent rumbling. Ramen was the only destination. Found a place a few blocks away, recommended by a smiling local. "It's the best," the woman had said, her eyes twinkling. IT WAS! The broth was heavenly. The noodles were…perfect. I slurped so loudly, I’m pretty sure I earned some side-eye from a stoic salaryman. Worth it. Totally worth it.
- Evening Wandered aimlessly, jet lag hitting me like a freight train. Ended up staring at a vending machine for a solid 10 minutes trying to decipher the options before ultimately selecting a (deliciously cold) lychee soda. Then, promptly fell asleep in front of the TV, before waking up at 2 am wondering where I was. This is how it starts, right?
Day 2: Sapporo Beer Garden & a Possible Misunderstanding with a Crab
- Morning: Slept. A lot. Jet lag is a beast. Eventually dragged myself out of bed and decided to be productive. (Ha!)
- Afternoon: Sapporo Beer Garden! Yes! This was EVERYTHING I imagined it to be. Huge, boisterous, full of beer. The unlimited beer was tempting, but I decided to pace myself (LOL). The food was… well, it was there. More importantly, the beer flowed freely, and the conversations with complete strangers began to bubble up.
- Evening: Okay. About the crab. I was wandering through the Nijo Market, which is a sensory overload in the best way. Fresh seafood everywhere! I saw this GIANT crab and, in my exuberance, may have pointed, gestured dramatically, and shouted something along the lines of, "I NEED YOU IN MY BELLY!" The fishmonger, bless him, just stared at me, then slowly, deliberately, pointed to a massive price tag. I sheepishly retreated. Maybe I should have learned some basic Japanese phrases before this trip…
Day 3: Odori Park Serenity & The Chocolate Factory (And A Deep Dive into White Chocolate)
- Morning: Odori Park. Finally a moment of peace? Gorgeous park right in the center of the city. Just me, the crisp air, and a gentle breeze. Ahhhh, zen. Until I saw a group of teenagers practicing synchronized dance moves. Seriously, the talent in this city is unreal. I watched, mesmerized, for a good half hour, feeling a pang of envy for their coordinated coolness.
- Afternoon: Shiroi Koibito Park (Chocolate Factory). Holy. Chocolate. Batman. This place is a Willy Wonka wonderland, only swap the mad scientist for…well, a slightly less mad chocolatier. The displays were adorable, the shop was tempting, and the samples were… lethal. I swear I must have gained five pounds in white chocolate alone. The line to make your own cookies was long, but the reward was worth it. (My cookie was misshapen, but delicious. Perfection is boring, anyway.)
- Evening: Back at the hostel, I tried to do some laundry, but I clearly didn't understand the machine. Ended up with a slightly damp, aggressively perfumed towel. Ah, the joys of travel…
Day 4: Skiing Mishaps & Curry Soup Conquest
- Morning: Skiing! Well, a attempt at skiing. I am not graceful. At all. I spent more time on my backside than on my skis, but hey, the scenery was gorgeous. The pain in my legs? Less gorgeous but hey, gotta learn. I did manage to fall in front of a gaggle of Japanese school kids who, to their credit, stifled their giggles as they helped me up.
- Afternoon: The cure for everything? Curry soup! Sapporo is famous for it, and after my skiing humiliation, it was exactly what I needed. Found a little hole-in-the-wall place that looked unassuming but turned out to be a culinary revelation. The flavors! The spices! The comforting warmth! I inhaled it.
- Evening: Packed. My bag is a mess, but I managed to get all my stuff together (I think). Reflecting on the trip, I was grateful for all of the memorable moments and how I got to experience them.
Day 5: Departure & The Aftermath (aka Post-Trip Reality)
- Morning: Quick breakfast at the hostel (toast and instant coffee – my travel staple). One last look at Sapporo from the hostel window. Departure was actually rather sad.
- Afternoon: Back on the plane. Already dreaming of my next trip. This time, definitely getting better at skiing. Definitely learning some Japanese. And definitely, definitely, packing extra room for all the white chocolate I'll be buying.
So, there you have it. My messy, imperfect, and utterly delightful Sapporo adventure. GRIDS was a great base camp, the people were awesome, and Sapporo? Sapporo stole a piece of my cold little heart. Will I go back? Absolutely. Will I be better prepared next time? Probably not. But that's part of the fun, isn't it? Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go find some ramen.
Unbelievable Comfort Inn Deal in La Crosse! (Onalaska, WI)Grids Hotel & Hostel Sapporo: The (Semi-Secret) Truth - Ask Me Anything!
Okay, Seriously, Is Grids Hotel & Hostel REALLY That Good? I Keep Hearing "Amazing Deals!"
Look, lemme be blunt. Yeah, it *mostly* is. "Amazing deals" is right. I'm a budget traveler, alright? I LIVE for amazing deals. I stumbled upon Grids on a whim, and honestly? My wallet breathed a sigh of relief. Sapporo is NOT cheap, people. Ramen, beer, the snow festivals... it adds up FAST. Grids? Saved my bacon. The dormitory for the win. Don't expect the Ritz-Carlton, but for the price? You're getting incredible value. Especially if you, like me, just need a clean bed and a hot shower after a day of tromping around in the snow.
What's the Vibe Like? Is It a Party Hostel? Cramped and Claustrophobic? Help!
Okay, the vibe... right. It's not *exactly* a raging party. There IS a common area, which is cool. It's usually buzzing with a mix of backpackers, solo travelers, and the occasional confused-looking businessperson trying to figure out how to use the coffee machine (bless their hearts). Think chill, chatty, and generally pretty friendly. I made some awesome friends there actually! Shared stories, planned adventures. Then, there was the guy snoring like a chains - that was annoying. But mostly, it's a good, communal vibe. Not cramped, surprisingly. They’ve used the space well.
Tell Me About the Rooms. Are They Clean? I am a cleanliness freak!
Cleanliness... a crucial detail! I'm usually a bit of a germaphobe, I admit it. Look, the *dorms* are pretty good! Clean linens, the floors are generally swept and mostly, it's all good. The bathrooms? Generally, they’re decent. Occasionally, someone leaves their wet towel in the sink (GRRR!). But overall? Yes, they're clean. I'd say above average for a hostel. And for the price, it's a steal. I actually stayed in one of the private rooms last time, splurged a little. Definitely cleaner. But honestly? Even the dorms were totally fine. Just pack some flip-flops for the shower, you know, hostel 101.
How's the Location? Is it Easy to Get Around?
Location? Brilliant. *Brilliant*. Grids is crazy convenient. Walkable to a lot of stuff, and the subway is RIGHT THERE. Like, practically next door. Getting around Sapporo is dead easy from there. You're basically in the heart of it all! Okay, so I got lost one time, completely my fault, I was drunk and trying to take a shortcut. But generally? A+ for location. Easily within a walking distance from the main restaurants and shopping areas.
Okay, let's get down to brass tacks. The "Amazing Deals" – give me the breakdown!
Alright, brace yourself. Prices fluctuate, *obvi*. But I've seen dorm beds for like, ridiculously low prices. I'm talking cheaper than a fancy coffee! Private rooms, still super affordable. Keep an eye out for special offers and off-season rates. I'm serious, just start searching the comparison sites. Booking.com, Hostelworld, even the Grids website itself. Set price alerts. Do your homework! Because when you find a deal... SNATCH IT UP. You will feel like you just won the lottery.
What About the Staff? Are They Helpful? Do They Speak English?
The staff at Grids are genuinely lovely. Super helpful, smiling faces, ready to give you advice. English? Yep. I'd say pretty good, better than my Japanese anyway. They helped me with a train pass, gave me restaurant recommendations. They seem genuinely interested in making your stay enjoyable. They feel like they are part of the experience. They also know the best ramen spots in Sapporo from which I had to go eat every night.
Any Downsides? Don't Sugarcoat It!
Alright, honesty time. There ARE a few minor quirks. The walls aren't soundproof. You WILL hear someone snoring, at least once. The showers can get busy during peak hours. The breakfast isn’t the most elaborate buffet in the world (but it's cheap and gets the job done). And, okay, sometimes the Wi-Fi can be flaky. But honestly? These are minor inconveniences. The pros definitely outweigh the cons! You're not paying for a luxury hotel, hello? This is a hostel!
What's the deal with the common area? Is it any good?
The common area is a serious social hub. Lots of people hanging out, playing cards, swapping travel stories, or just chilling with a beer. I met some fantastic people there, including a couple of Aussies who ended up being my ski buddies for a week. Then there was the time I spilled coffee on the guy's laptop, mortified... He was super chill though, thank god! The key is to be open to meeting new people, there is something to be said for human connection in the hostel world.
Can you go on more about this "amazing deals" thing? What's the absolute cheapest option possibly?
Oh, let's get back to the deals! Okay, the absolute cheapest? The dorm beds, my friend. DORM BEDS. I've seen them as low as – and I'm not kidding here – the price of a good sushi handroll, or even less on very off-peak seasons and with crazy promotions. Seriously. Keep your eyes peeled on comparison sites, and, like I said, set price alerts! Travel during slower seasons, avoid the peak tourist periods if your budget is tight. And hey, sometimes all you need is a clean bed and a place to stash your luggage. Think of it not just like saving money, but freeing up cash that you can spend on the actual experiences. Sapporo is full of magical stuff. Spend it on food! Drink that delicious craft beer! Go skiing! Don't waste your money on an unnecessarily fancy hotel room!