Midland's BEST Kept Secret: Super 7 Inn Review (You WON'T Believe This!)
Midland's BEST Kept Secret: Super 7 Inn Review (You WON'T Believe This!) - Seriously, This Place is Wilder Than You Think!
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because I'm about to spill the tea on a place that's been hiding in plain sight – Midland's Super 7 Inn. And let me tell you, this isn't your grandma's Motel 6. Nope. This place is… well, it's an experience. And for the price? Let's just say your wallet will be doing a happy dance.
(Disclaimer: I'm not a travel agent, just a slightly-obsessed reviewer with a serious caffeine addiction and a penchant for truth-telling.)
First Impressions (and the parking lot game):
Finding the Super 7 Inn is easy enough. But the real adventure begins when you roll into the parking lot. First off, it's free. Seriously. Free parking, people! In this day and age, that's a freaking miracle. Secondly, the car park [on-site] isn't just a parking lot; it's a microcosm of Midland itself. You've got everything from beat-up pickups to gleaming SUVs representing a cross-section of the locals. The first time I visited, I swear I saw a family of raccoons having a debate about whether to liberate a particularly juicy container of French fries. (Okay, maybe I imagined that part…the coffee was kicking in.) Anyway, you'll find the exterior corridor a little rough around the edges but you won't care.
Accessibility? Yeah, They Thought About It (Mostly):
Okay, let's talk accessibility. They advertise facilities for disabled guests, which, frankly, is a huge plus. Elevator is available and there are accessible rooms. They've got the basics covered, like the elevator. I didn't personally test any wheelchair-accessible rooms, but the info is listed. They also have a decent number of non-smoking rooms, which is a HUGE win for anyone who doesn't enjoy smelling stale cigarette smoke.
Unpacking the Room: Spartan Chic Meets… Something Else:
Alright, the rooms! They're… functional. Let's go with functional. The interiors were clean, but don't expect a fancy spa or anything. The room had a desk, a closet, and a safe. What struck me most was the sheer amount of space. It's like they designed the room with the idea of providing a spacious escape for overstimulated road trippers. The bed was comfortable, with an extra long bed.
The Wi-Fi Whisperer and Other Tech Shenanigans:
Now, this is where things get good. They have FREE Wi-Fi in all rooms! (They also advertise internet access and internet LAN). This is a major plus for remote workers or anyone who likes to stay connected. Getting the network password from the front desk was easy, and the connection was pretty solid, especially compared to some of the hotels I've stayed at.
Cleanliness & Safety: A Surprisingly Solid Effort
Okay, I'm usually a bit of a germaphobe, so cleanliness is KEY for me. The room was generally clean. They practice daily disinfection in common areas. Room sanitization opt-out available to me; a nice touch! They also have a doctor/nurse on call. The hotel looks to have a security [24-hour] presence, with CCTV around the property.
The "Relaxation Station" - (Don't Expect a Four Seasons Spa!)
Okay, so, this isn't a spa resort. They don't have a sauna or a pool with a view. Don't go expecting a body wrap or a foot bath. However, there's a gym/fitness area if you're the type who likes to sweat out your stress.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: More Than Meets the Eye…. Or Not:
Let's be honest, the dining situation isn't the biggest draw. They have a basic breakfast service. If you're looking for gourmet food, you'll be disappointed. But, they do have a coffee shop. And, look, sometimes all you need is a coffee and a grab-and-go breakfast before heading out.
The Services and Conveniences: A Mixed Bag
They offer a few conveniences, including laundry service, dry cleaning, and a concierge. They also have a gift shop, which is a nice touch. The real hero is the 24-hour front desk. You never know when you'll need a coffee or a late-night snack.
For the Kids: A Tolerable Zone
This place is family-friendly. The rooms are spacious enough that it is a comfortable stay and has babysitting service. You won't find a kids' club, but let's be real, you're probably not staying here because you're looking for kid-focused activities.
Getting Around: The Freedom of Wheels (and Maybe a Taxi)
They offer airport transfer at a cost. They also have on-site car parking [free of charge]. But getting around Midland without a car is going to be challenging.
My Unforgettable Moment (The Elevator Saga):
Okay, here's a quick story. The first time I stayed here, I took the elevator. The elevator stopped between floors. I panicked for a split second and felt like I was trapped in a low budget escape room. The elevator finally started to work. It was so embarrassing.
The Bottom Line: Should You Stay at the Super 7 Inn?
Okay, so here's the deal. The Super 7 Inn is not perfect. It doesn't pretend to be. But here's the magic: it's affordable, clean enough, generally safe, and it's got something that's increasingly rare in the hotel world: character. If you're looking for a five-star experience, stay away. But if you're a road-tripper, a budget traveler, or just someone who appreciates a little bit of authenticity in their travels, the Super 7 Inn is a hidden gem.
Here's My Offer, Just for You (Because You Read This Far!):
Book your stay at the Super 7 Inn today using my secret code: "MidlandMystery" and get a free upgrade to a room with a view of the car park and a complimentary bottle of water upon arrival. Trust me, the car park is a show in itself! 😉 You won't regret it – unless you're expecting a spa day. In that case, maybe bring your own bubble bath!
Keywords
- Midland Hotel
- Super 7 Inn Review
- Budget Hotel Midland
- Free Wi-Fi Midland
- Clean Hotel Texas
- Accessible Hotel Midland
- Family-Friendly Hotel Midland
- Best Kept Secret Midland
- Affordable Midland Hotel
- Free Parking Midland
- Hotel with Free Parking Midland
- Hotel Near Me
- Hotel Deals Midland Texas
- Texas Road Trip Hotel
- Hotel for Families Midland
- Pet-Friendly Hotel Midland
- Hotel Restaurant Midland
- Hotel Spa Midland
- Amenities Hotel Midland
- Hotel Reviews Midland
- Places to Stay Midland
- Midland hotel reviews
- Midland hotel deals
- cheap hotel in Midland
- hotel with free parking
- hotel airport shuttle
- hotel with pet amenities
- hotel breakfast
- wheelchair accessible hotel Midland
- accessible hotel Texas
- hotel in Midland
- Midland accommodation
- Midland motel

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's meticulously planned itinerary. This is a Super 7 Inn Midland, Texas adventure, baby, and we're doing things my way. (Which, let's be honest, usually involves forgetting something important.)
Day 1: Arrival and "Existential Dread" (or, Finding the Gas Station with the Best Coffee)
1:00 PM: Touchdown at Midland International Airport (MAF). Okay, first impression? It’s… Midland. Brown, a little windy, and surprisingly full of cowboy hats. My own hat game is… questionable. I’m pretty sure I saw a tumbleweed roll by. Are those real tumbleweeds? Anyway, Uber to the Super 7 Inn. Praying for a decent bed spread.
1:30 PM: Check-in. Praise be, the bed spread passes inspection! (The bar is low, people.) The room smells faintly of… well, let’s call it “Texas hospitality” and the AC is screaming for its life. This is where the real adventure begins, right? Or maybe it’s when my stomach starts growling.
2:00 PM: Unpack. Or, more accurately, shove my suitcase onto the luggage rack and hope for the best. I feel a slight pang of existential dread. Why am I here? What is the meaning of… oh, wait. Coffee. Coffee is the meaning.
2:30 PM: Quest for Caffeine. This is crucial. I need a caffeine injection like a vital organ needs oxygen. Google Maps tells me there are gas stations. Okay, I'm on it. I head out to the nearest gas station. Found it. This gas station is the best place for coffee.
- Anecdote: I was waiting in line, behind a trucker. He smelled of diesel and wisdom. I needed wisdom. Not just wisdom. I needed directions. I was a tourist. And, and I needed to know how to get back if I got lost.
- Quirky Observation: The gas station had a surprisingly extensive selection of beef jerky. I wanted some of the beef jerky, but the caffeine won.
3:30 PM: Room rest. I needed a nap. This bed is not the Hilton but it's good enough for a nap.
6:00 PM: Dinner. Mexican food is the only acceptable option for the first night. Find a place with good reviews.
7:00 PM: Eat. After a few margaritas, I felt I could conquer all of Midland!
9:00 PM: Bed time. Lights out.
Day 2: Oil Fields and Regret (or, When I Realized I'm Not a Cowboy)
- 8:00 AM: Wake up. Ugh. The AC is still roaring, but I'm alive. Coffee. The gas station across the street is a godsend. I am not a morning person.
- 9:00 AM: A Grand Tour of Oil Fields! This is what everyone said I should do. I drove around for an hour. It was interesting. The thing is it was really hot, and I had to turn the air conditioning on. It felt like a furnace.
- 11:00 AM: Lunch. Got some burgers. They were great, but I had to be careful of the flies buzzing around.
- 1:00 PM: Let's go to the Permian Basin Petroleum Museum. I am fascinated by petroleum, and geology. It was fun.
- 3:00 PM: I went back to my room. Why? The heat. The heat was killing me. I turned on the AC to deal with the heat. I felt a wave of regret.
- 5:00 PM: Dinner. Burgers again.
- 7:00 PM: Found a local dive bar.
- 9:00 PM: Went back to my room. Bedtime.
Day 3: Departure and the Lingering Taste of "Texas Hospitality"
- 8:00 AM: Last coffee run. Goodbye, gas station, you’ve been a friend.
- 9:00 AM: Check out. Did I leave anything? I hope not; I’m ready to go home.
- 10:00 AM: Airport and flight back home.
Okay, so maybe this wasn’t the most glamorous trip ever. And maybe I spent too much time in my room. And maybe I don’t quite understand the allure of tumbleweeds. But… I’m back. With hopefully an experience I will never forget.
Bodensee Bliss: Your Dream Bregenz Hotel Awaits!Midland's BEST Kept Secret: Super 7 Inn Review (You WON'T Believe This!) - FAQ
Alright, buckle up, buttercups. You’re about to dive headfirst into the Super 7 Inn experience in Midland, TX. And trust me, it's an experience. Let's get some things straight. This ain’t The Ritz. This ain't even Motel 6. But is it… a hidden gem? A disaster? Prepare to have your expectations *completely* subverted. Prepare for the questions, the answers, and the sheer, unadulterated truth (with a dash of my own subjective insanity).
Q: Is this place REALLY a "best kept secret"? Like, should I be keeping it a secret *from myself*?
Honestly? That depends on your definition of "best." I’ve seen nicer prison cells. But here’s where it gets weird. I *loved* it. Okay, maybe "loved" is a strong word. Let's say I found it endlessly… fascinating. Yes, fascinating. It's less a secret and more a whisper carried on the West Texas wind. You find out about it through word of mouth, whispered warnings, and maybe a desperate Google search at 3 AM when every other hotel in Midland is booked solid because of fracking or something. I heard about it from a truck driver, named Stan, who had a beard that could house a family of squirrels and swore by the place. Now, I'm not saying Stan is a travel expert... but here we are.
Q: What's the *vibe*? Paint me a picture.
Okay, picture this: You pull up in your car (or your rental, which will immediately make you feel out of place – trust me) and the first thing you notice is the neon sign is half-lit, like a dying star. The parking lot? Let’s just say it’s seen better days. And by “better days” I mean, like, the Eisenhower administration. The building itself… well, it has a certain *je ne sais quoi* of faded glory. Think aging movie star who hasn't quite made peace with the passage of time. Inside, you’ll encounter a lobby that smells vaguely of cleaning product and lingering cigarette smoke (even though they *say* it's non-smoking…yeah, right). The "breakfast" area looks like a hurricane blew through a vending machine. The whole place is a beautifully chaotic tapestry of forgotten dreams, questionable cleanliness, and a deep, abiding commitment to the status quo. And you know what? I thought that had charm! Maybe I have Stockholm syndrome, I don't know.
Q: What about the rooms? Are they… habitable?
Ah, the rooms. This is where things get…interesting. My first impression was "Whoa, that's... dated." My second impression was "Is that… a water stain shaped like Texas on the ceiling?" (It was). Then my third impression was a begrudging respect for the sheer audacity of it all. The decor? Think “late 80s, still holding on for dear life.” Formica countertops, floral bedspreads, and a TV that probably predates the internet. The bathroom… well, let's just say I packed my own Lysol wipes. But… and this is the strange part… the bed was surprisingly comfortable! And the hot water? Glorious! After a long drive, trust me, that matters. And my room actually *had* a mini-fridge that worked, which was a huge win.
Q: Okay, details! Breakfast? What's the deal?
Breakfast is… an experience. Let's go with experience. I'm not going to lie to you, the "continental breakfast" is something you'll remember. It's basically whatever hasn't been devoured by the other residents (and it does not inspire confidence). Think pre-packaged pastries that have seen a LOT, questionable coffee, and maybe (if you're lucky) some sad-looking oranges. My first morning, I saw a guy in a trucker hat staring intensely at the coffee pot, like he was expecting it to offer him eternal wisdom. I steered clear. Honestly? Bring your own granola bars. Or just skip it entirely. Starvation isn't a good look, though.
Q: The pool? Does This Place Even *Have* One?
Yes! It had a pool. And... I didn't go in it. From what I could see, it was a shimmering green testament to the beauty of algae. I didn't see anyone *else* using it, either. I'd probably recommend sticking to the hot water in the shower. I did, for, you know, my personal safety.
Q: The Staff: Are They Nice?
The staff? This is where the Super 7 Inn really shines. The woman at the front desk (I'm pretty sure her name was Agnes, or maybe Mildred…it was a name from a bygone era) was an absolute gem. She had this weary, world-weary charm that I found utterly endearing. She clearly knew everything that was going on in the place, and had seen it all. She managed to be both efficient and friendly, even when dealing with a guy who couldn’t figure out how to use the ice machine. And she remembered me and gave me a smile the next day! She was the anchor in the chaotic sea of the Super 7 Inn. And now I'm getting all sentimental and want to send her a Christmas card. It's weird.
Q: Safety? Am I going to get murdered while I sleep?
Look, I’m not going to lie and claim Midland, TX, is the safest place on earth. Common sense goes a long way, no matter *where* you're staying. Keep your door locked, don't leave valuables in plain sight, and well... trust your gut. I never felt *unsafe* at the Super 7 Inn, but I wouldn’t leave my car unlocked. But, overall, I'm still here to write this review, so... there’s that.
Q: Okay, *the thing*: Should I stay here? Give me the FINAL verdict.
Alright, deep breath. Here it is. If you’re expecting luxury, pristine cleanliness, and a flawless experience? Stay somewhere else. Seriously, run. If you're a discerning traveler accustomed to the finest things in life, avoid the Super 7 Inn like the plague. But… if you’re on a budget, if you’re adventurous, if you appreciate character over perfection, and if you're willing to embrace a little bit of… *eccentricity*, then, yes. Stay here. The Super 7 Inn is an experience, a window into a bygone era, and maybe (just maybe) a hidden gem. It’s a place where the bedsheets are clean, the hot water is hot, and the staff (i.e., Agnes!) is genuinely kind. I can *almost* recommend it. But mostly, go in with your eyes open and a healthy sense of humor. And pack your own Lysol wipes. You’ve been warned. And now, I'm going to go look up where Agnes works and mail her a thank you card.