Saranac Lake Getaway: Best Western's Unbeatable Lakefront Views!

Best Western Saranac Lake Saranac Lake (NY) United States

Best Western Saranac Lake Saranac Lake (NY) United States

Saranac Lake Getaway: Best Western's Unbeatable Lakefront Views!

Saranac Lake Getaway: Best Western - Unbeatable Lakefront Views! (My Honest Take & Why You Kinda Need This)

Okay, let's be real. Planning a getaway can be stressful. You're staring at a screen, scrolling through endless reviews, and everything starts to blur. But I'm here to tell you about Saranac Lake Getaway: Best Western. I'm not gonna lie, I walked in with some mild Best Western expectations, you know? Clean, functional, maybe a free continental breakfast that's seen better days. But… this place surprised me. Big time. And yeah, maybe I'm still thinking about that view a week later.

First, the unbeatable lakefront views are not kidding. Let's be honest, that's what you're coming for. Waking up to that shimmering water, the mountains hugging the horizon… it's the kind of view that makes you actually want to get out of bed. Forget counting sheep – try counting loons. I swear I saw one yesterday! Okay, maybe two, but the point is, it's pretty freaking magical.

Let's Break It Down (Because That's What We Do, Right?):

Accessibility & Safety:

  • Accessibility – Check: They’ve got elevators, facilities are designed for disabled guests, and all the basics. This is a big win for inclusivity.
  • Cleanliness & Safety - BIG WIN! Listen, I’m a bit of a germaphobe since this whole pandemic thing. The Anti-viral cleaning products, rooms sanitized between stays, staff trained in safety protocol, and readily available hand sanitizer everywhere made me breathe a sigh of relief. They're taking this seriously - Daily disinfection in common areas and Professional-grade sanitizing services are a huge plus. I loved that they also offered Room sanitization opt-out available which is cool since, personal preference, right? I felt genuinely safe.
  • Security: CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, Security [24-hour], Smoke alarms, Fire extinguisher. The basics, all good.

Rooms & Amenities:

  • The Rooms Honestly? Pretty standard, but well-maintained. Air conditioning (thank god!), blackout curtains (essential for those sunrise viewing missions), coffee/tea maker (crucial for the early morning view-gazers), and a comfy bed. I dug having complimentary tea in the room. Felt extra cozy.
  • Wi-Fi: Glorious Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Absolutely crucial, and it worked reliably.
  • Things That Made Me Happy: Bathrobes & Slippers! Little things that elevate the experience. Extra long bed was great since I'm a restless sleeper.
  • Things Were Okay: The mini bar isn’t exactly stocked with artisanal treats, but you can grab a bottle of water (yay!) and find a convenience store fairly close.

Dining, Drinking & Snacking:

  • Restaurants & Bars – Here's the Real Deal: Okay, so the Restaurants are a mixed bag. Good: Breakfast [buffet] is a solid start to the day. Okay: Coffee/tea in restaurant. They also have a Poolside bar, which I didn't get to experience but let me tell you, that lakefront setting practically screams "cocktails at sunset".
  • Room service - Room service [24-hour] is a lifesaver after a long day of adventuring and not wanting to change out of comfy pajamas! I took advantage of it once, late at night. No complaints.
  • Snacks & Coffee – Important Stuff: A coffee shop is available, although I didn’t visit. I liked that they offered Daily housekeeping.
  • Vegetarian restaurant - I was surprised that a Vegetarian restaurant was an option.

Spa & Relaxation (Because, Vacation!):

  • The Pool with the View! Seriously, this is a highlight. Swimming pool [outdoor]. The view from the pool is almost as good as from the rooms. I spent a ridiculous amount of time there!
  • Sauna & Steamroom: Available, though I didn't get to use them this time around. Next trip!
  • Fitness Center - Fitness center available. I…I didn't go. Okay, maybe I'm on vacation to relax, right? Still, good to know it's there if you're the type.

Services & Conveniences:

  • Business Facilities: They have the basic business needs Business facilities, Xerox/fax in business center, Wifi for special events, Audio-visual equipment for special events.
  • Conveniences: Cash withdrawal, Concierge service, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage. They cover you on the basics. I found the staff to be helpful and friendly, even when I was being a little overly-chatty after a particularly good hike.
  • Parking: Free parking, which is a HUGE plus in a place like this.

Things to Do (Beyond Staring at the Lake):

This is the fun part!

  • Hiking: The Adirondacks are right there! Seriously, grab a map and hit a trail. They have a ton of Things to do! in the area. And a lot of ways to relax!
  • Water Activities: Kayaking, canoeing, swimming…your lake-loving heart will be happy. This is the perfect place if you love Swimming pool [outdoor] as I do!

Accessibility and Services:

  • Arrival & Departure: They offer Airport transfer which is a real lifesaver if you're flying in. Also, I like the check-in/out [express] option, because I am impatient.

For the Kids:

  • Family/child friendly: Looks like it, but I didn’t go with kids.

My Honest Take (The Good, The Bad, The Slightly Messy):

  • The Good: The view. The cleanliness. The overall vibe is chill and relaxing. The staff are genuinely friendly. And the price felt reasonable for what you get.
  • The Could Be Better: The food (that's just being honest). Could have more variety.
  • The Verdict: I’d go back in a heartbeat. In fact, I’m already planning my next trip.

Here's My Personal Saranac Lake Getaway Offer (Because I'm That Convinced):

Stop Reading, And Book Already!

Listen, if you need a break from the grind, if you want to wake up to something beautiful, if you want a clean, comfortable place to de-stress, this is it. Forget endless scrolling. Forget agonizing over reviews. Just do it. Book Saranac Lake Getaway: Best Western now! I'm talking a room with a lake view. Pack your bags, and your favorite swimsuit. You deserve it.

Why Book Now?

  • Unbeatable Lakefront Views: Seriously, they're worth the price of admission alone. (Did I mention the loons? Seriously, they're part of the experience!).
  • Clean & Safe: Relax in their cleanliness.
  • Relaxation & Adventure: This place is primed for both!
  • Best Western Reliability: You're getting what you expect and more.
  • My Glowing Endorsement: Okay, maybe that's not officially an offer, but you get the point.
  • Oh and remember! You'll find Additional toilet is available, Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN,Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, and Wake-up service, with Wi-Fi [free], and Window that opens.

Just do it. You will thank me later. Seriously. You'll feel like you've hit the mental reset button. And the loons… well, they deserve an audience. Book it today!

Unbelievable Ibis Casa Sidi Maarouf: Casablanca's BEST-KEPT Secret?

Book Now

Best Western Saranac Lake Saranac Lake (NY) United States

Best Western Saranac Lake Saranac Lake (NY) United States

Saranac Lake: My "Best Western" Adventure (and Other Random Ramblings)

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this ain't your pristine travel brochure. This is my Saranac Lake experience, warts and all, from the slightly suspect continental breakfast to the overwhelming beauty of the Adirondacks. And yes, I stayed at the Best Western. Don't judge, it had a pool! (Okay, and maybe a slightly questionable indoor climate…)

Day 1: Arrival & Adirondack Awkwardness

  • 1:00 PM - Check-In at the Best Western: Landed at my destination, a little weary, a little excited, and a whole lot hungry. The front desk lady was either incredibly helpful or secretly judging my travel attire (probably both). The room? Standard. Bed? Surprisingly comfortable. The pool? A potential disaster zone of chlorine-induced humidity, but hey, a pool's a pool.

  • 2:00 PM - Lunch at a Local Diner (forget the name, but it's on Main St.): Found a greasy spoon, craving a burger. It was the quintessential small-town diner experience: A waitress with a permanent smile, way too much coffee available, and that lingering aroma of bacon and regret. My burger? Solid. The fries? Divine. Did I tip well? Absolutely.

  • 3:30 PM - A Stroll Around Town: Okay, gotta admit, Saranac Lake is charming. Picturesque storefronts; I felt like I was in a Hallmark movie. I did a quick lap, but I saw some odd stuff. Saw an abandoned bear looking statue, and a lot of "Keep Saranac Lake Weird" signs. I wonder what the locals think.

  • 5:00 PM - The Wild Center (This Was the Highlight, Holy Moly): I drove a good distance to see the Wild Center in Tupper Lake, and I have to say, it was incredible. I'm not usually a nature-museum person, but this was next level. The Wild Walk was a treetop experience I'll never forget. Suddenly, I was 50 feet above the ground on a series of wooden walkways and suspension bridges. The views? Breathtaking. The air? Crisp. The almost overwhelming feeling of being small in this giant, green world? Priceless. I even saw a freaking otter. An otter! I practically squealed. My internal monologue was a symphony of "Wow," "Holy crap," and "I can't believe I almost didn't do this." I could've stayed there all day (and probably would if it wasn't closing time).

  • 7:30 PM - Dinner & Drink at a Pub (Not sure which, but it was cozy): I was in a mood for some comfort food and a local brew, so I stumbled into a pub. The burger was good, the beer was cold, and the general vibe was friendly. The locals were nice and I learned a little about local life.

  • 9:00 PM - Back to the Best Western, Questioning My Life Choices: Was it the humidity of the pool area? The realization that I'm spending a night at a Best Western? The slightly depressing realization that I spent the day alone? Who knows. But I watched some reality TV, ate a questionable bag of chips, and tried to drown my existential angst in the questionable pool water.

Day 2: Hiking, History, and Hangry-ness

  • 8:00 AM - Breakfast at the Best Western (The Perils of a "Free" Continental Breakfast): The promised free breakfast was… an experience. I tried a waffle. It tasted faintly of stale air and disappointment. The coffee? Surprisingly drinkable. I tried to make the most of it, but I'd already decided to buy some better stuff at a local shop, so I ate just enough to quell the hunger until I could escape.

  • 9:00 AM - Hiking to Mount Baker: Decided to get my blood pumping and face the inevitable bugs. I'm not the fittest person, but the trail wasn't too strenuous, and the views at the top were worth the climb. I’m not sure why it's called Mount Baker, because none of the scenery was what I would call "baker-esque." Anyways, it was so good. I may have let out a joyful whoop when I reached the summit. The woods were so quiet and peaceful. The world felt so alive.

  • 12:00 PM - Lunch and a Search for a Real Meal: After the hike, I was ravenous. I was also grumpy. I thought about stopping at the grocery store to buy some snacks, but I really wanted a proper meal. I did some quick googling, and made my way to the restaurant, hoping it wasn't closed (which, after the first day, was a genuine possibility).

  • 1:30 PM - Saranac Laboratory Museum: I have to say, I'm not a history buff, but I do like a good story. The museum was a surprisingly fascinating look at tuberculosis and the fight against it in the Adirondacks. I learned about the sanatoriums and the people who came here seeking a cure. Sad and beautiful at the same time. A different side of Saranac Lake's story from the "small-town charm" narrative.

  • 3:00 PM - More Wandering… and a Moment of Contemplation: I strolled around town, re-immersed in the small-town vibe. I sat by the lake, watching the ducks, and thinking about life, the universe, and everything. Okay, maybe not everything, but a lot. It felt good.

  • 6:00 PM - Dinner at a Restaurant (Again, the Name Escapes Me, but the Food Was Memorable): Found an upscale(ish) restaurant with some seriously good food. It was a splurge, but after all the hiking and contemplating I deserved it. I demolished a steak that was cooked to perfection. I felt like a new person.

  • 8:00 PM - Back to the Best Western, Accepting My Fate: The pool was still there. The TV was still playing. I finally accepted that this was my life for the night. I think I even enjoyed it. Saranac Lake is kind of growing on me, and who knows, maybe the Best Western isn't so bad.

Day 3: Departure & Adirondack Reflections

  • 9:00 AM - Breakfast (Take 2): Same as yesterday. But I had the coffee.

  • 10:00 AM - Last-Minute Souvenir Shopping & Goodbye: Said goodbye to the town. Bought some maple syrup and some postcards, and left.

  • 11:00 AM - Headed Out: Okay, I have to admit. Saranac Lake was a pleasant surprise. It had its flaws, sure. But its authenticity, its natural beauty, its slightly weird vibe, it was something else. It wasn't perfect, but it was real. And sometimes, that's all you need.

Phu Quoc Paradise: Kosmos Apart Hotel - Beachfront Bliss & Night Market Fun!

Book Now

Best Western Saranac Lake Saranac Lake (NY) United States

Best Western Saranac Lake Saranac Lake (NY) United States

Saranac Lake Getaway: Best Western & Those *Unbeatable* Lakefront Views! (Let's Be Honest Here...)

Okay, spill: What *actually* makes the Best Western in Saranac Lake worth it? Is the lakefront view *really* that amazing?

Alright, buckle up, because I'm about to get *real*. Look, I'm a sucker for a good view. And yes, the view from the Best Western on Lake Flower? Pretty darn good. *But*... let me paint you a picture. First time I went, I’d booked the "lakefront room". Sounded glamorous, right? Pictures online were all serene reflections, misty mornings, boats gliding by. Then I get there... and the first thing I see is a slightly rusty chain-link fence practically kissing the balcony. Okay, not ideal. And the "lakefront"? Well, technically, yes. You're looking *at* the lake. You're *near* the lake. But think of it like a really enthusiastic distance relationship. You see the *idea* of each other regularly, but... well, it's not quite the same as actually *being in* the lake. Plus, there's this *constant* hum from the air conditioning units on the roof. It's not loud, mind you, but it's the kind of background noise that drills into your brain after a couple of hours, like a tiny, persistent mosquito. So, amazing? Depends on your definition. Good? Absolutely. Would I pay slightly extra for it again? Probably. But I went in thinking I'd be breathing in pure, unadulterated Adirondack bliss... and ended up mostly breathing in air conditioner exhaust and mild disappointment. That's the *real* Saranac Lake magic, folks!

What are the rooms *actually* like? Are they stuck in the 80s?

Okay, here’s the thing about the rooms. They're... functional. Let's just say they're not exactly bursting with personality. Think *clean*, but not *stylish*. Think *sufficient*, but not *luxurious*. My first time, I swear the bedspread felt like it belonged on a spaceship from a bad sci-fi movie. And the bathroom... bless their hearts, it's small and the fixtures are definitely showing their age. You get the feeling they've seen a *lot* of Saranac Lake tourists. I've heard they've updated some of the rooms, so *maybe* snagging a renovated one is a good idea. But don't go expecting a spa-like experience. The real reward is not the room itself but the moment where you crack open the door, step outside, and drink in the view. Or, you know, the moment you realize you forgot your toothbrush and are stuck with the tiny, probably-not-eco-friendly one. I once brought my *own* pillow, just because I'm picky, and the pillow on the bed... was like a brick. A very, very firm brick. My neck hurt for days. So, pack accordingly, people! Prepare for the practical, and focus on the outside world.

Is there a pool? And is it any good? Tell me everything!

Okay, the pool. Ah, yes, the pool. This is where things get a little... *interesting*. Yes, there *is* a pool. And let me tell you, the first time I saw it, I was ecstatic! I'm a pool person. I dream of pool days. Now, the pool isn't *huge*. It's a perfectly respectable, rectangular indoor/outdoor pool. But here's the kicker: it's got a covered section, so you can swim in the cold or at night, which is a *huge* plus when you can't bear the outside conditions. They also have a hot tub. Now, on my first visit, let's just say it was a *scene*. There were kids everywhere, shrieking with an enthusiasm only children possess. (Which, admittedly, is fantastic, but not when you're trying to have a peaceful moment.) The water, well, let's just say it smelled strongly of chlorine, which, hey, is probably a good sign from a hygiene standpoint. I got in for about five minutes and then beat a strategic retreat to the relative quiet of my room. The hot tub? That was a different story. I *love* hot tubs. I got in it after a hike, and it was magnificent. The jets, the heat, the relief on my aching muscles... pure bliss. It was the only saving grace, honestly! It should be noted, though, that on a second trip, it was closed for "maintenance." So, pool access, a gamble. Consider it a roll of the dice! It gets a solid "meh" overall.

What's the breakfast situation like? Is it the standard Best Western fare?

Brace yourselves, folks, because the breakfast... is breakfast. You know the drill. It's the free continental breakfast of countless hotel stays past. Think: packaged muffins, bagels that have the texture of cardboard, some fruit that looks like it saw better days, sugary processed cereals, and what passes for coffee. It *exists*. It fuels you for the day's adventures. It's a necessity, not a highlight. I once tried the scrambled eggs. Let's just say I'm pretty sure they were made from a powder. I stuck to donuts after that and there were only two there and I grabbed them anyway. Look, you're not going to the Best Western for Michelin-starred dining. Think of it as a foundation. You're building your day upon the shaky pillars of lukewarm coffee and questionable breakfast pastries. Then, you head out and find some *real* Adirondack food and all is forgiven. There's a fabulous bagel shop down the road so go there instead!

Is it a good location for exploring Saranac Lake and the surrounding area?

*Absolutely*. Location is probably the *strongest* selling point. You're right there on Lake Flower, right on the edge of downtown. You can walk to the shops, the restaurants, the breweries (a *major* win, trust me). Everything's within easy reach. This alone is worth the price of admission, in my opinion. You're also super close to some fantastic hiking trails, the Adirondack Great Camp Sagamore, and all sorts of outdoor adventures. You can be kayaking, canoeing, or hiking within minutes of leaving the hotel. So, yes, location? Killer. The other stuff? Well, you know...

Any hidden gems or tips for making the most of your stay?

Okay, here’s a pro tip: Pack a cooler. Seriously. Grab some local cheese, some Adirondack ales (the breweries nearby have excellent options!), some fancy crackers, and a baguette. Then, sit on the dock outside the hotel (if you can snag a spot, they fill up fast!) and watch the sunset. It's pure magic, and easily the best part of the whole experience. You can pretend you're a local, you can drink your wine, and you can ignore the faint smell of chlorine (from the pool) that usually permeates the air. Also, bug spray. Adirondacks means bugs. Be prepared. Another tip: if you're going in the summer, book *Best Stay Blogspot

Best Western Saranac Lake Saranac Lake (NY) United States

Best Western Saranac Lake Saranac Lake (NY) United States

Best Western Saranac Lake Saranac Lake (NY) United States

Best Western Saranac Lake Saranac Lake (NY) United States