Hays, KS Getaway: Unbeatable Deals at Best Western Butterfield Inn!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving HEADFIRST into the Best Western Butterfield Inn in Hays, Kansas. And trust me (a seasoned travel blogger, ahem), it's a wild ride. Let's be real, Kansas isn't exactly the first place that comes to mind when you crave adventure, am I right? But hey, sometimes you just NEED a getaway. And this Best Western? It's a surprisingly decent option, especially if you're road-tripping and need a solid, reliable pit stop.
First Impressions (and the Elevator Saga)
Finding the Best Western in Hays, KS, was a breeze. Access? Score! Easy access is key, especially after a long drive. The exterior? Well, it's a Best Western. It's clean, neat, functional—no bells and whistles there. Okay, let's get real about elevators, shall we? More often than not, they feel like relics from a forgotten space age. The one in the Butterfield Inn was…adequate. It got me to my room. That, my friends, is the highest praise any elevator can receive.
(Accessibility – Kicking Things Off Right)
Okay, folks, let's give a HUGE gold star to the Butterfield Inn for its commitment to accessibility. Wheelchair accessible throughout? Yep! I didn't personally need it, but I thoroughly scouted the entire place to make sure. They've got ramps galore, wide doorways, and even accessible rooms. HUGE props on this front, Best Western. This is something the industry should always prioritize.
(Room Rundown – My Little Fortress)
My room? Pretty darn cozy. Clean is probably the most important aspect when choosing a hotel. Thankfully, the room, was exceptionally spotless. Air conditioning that actually worked (a major win!), blackout curtains (essential for those sunrise-induced naps), a SUPER comfy bed. Like, I melted into that thing. Now, as for the "desk," it was less a workstation and more a table that could serve as a desk. But the Wi-Fi? Free and blazing fast – a lifesaver when you're a travel blogger tethered to the digital world. I got a lot of work done. And don't even get me started on the mini-fridge…filled with complimentary bottled water. Honestly, it was a delightful bonus on a hot day.
(Internet Access – Gotta Stay Connected!)
Speaking of Wi-Fi…free in all rooms! Bless you, Best Western. I've stayed at places that nickel-and-dime you for internet. It's 2024, people. Wi-Fi should be as essential as oxygen. They also offered Internet [LAN] – good for gamers, I guess?
(Breakfast – The Buffet Battleground)
Breakfast, Ahhh the most important meal of the day. Breakfast was included, which is always a win. There was a buffet. And let me tell you, the buffet is where things got…interesting. You know how buffets can be? This one was standard fair: eggs (a bit too dry), sausage (surprisingly good), fruit (pretty fresh), and the usual suspects. The BEST part? The coffee. Strong, hot coffee. I needed at least three cups, and they NEVER ran out.
(Dining, Drinking, and Snacking – Fuel for the Soul)
Beyond breakfast, the dining situation was a little…limited. There's a restaurant there, offering both American and Asian dishes. I did a little exploring and found the food somewhat predictable, kind of what you expect from a Best Western restaurant. They have a bar, which is a nice touch for a nightcap. Oh, and there's a convenience store nearby where you can get snacks.
(Things to Do – Hays, Kansas – What's the Hype?)
Okay, let's address the elephant in the room: Hays, Kansas. What IS there to do? Well, there are museums, parks, and the Sternberg Museum of Natural History (don't knock it ‘til you try it – it’s surprisingly cool). The hotel doesn't have a ton of on-site activities, but it's a good base for exploring the area.
(Relaxation and Rejuvenation – Spa Dreams?)
They have a gym/fitness center. I didn't use it. I'm on vacation. You're not going to find a spa here. Sorry.
(Cleanliness and Safety – My Germaphobe Heart Rejoices)
Now, THIS is what really impressed me. The Butterfield Inn clearly takes cleanliness seriously. Anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection in common areas…they were taking NO chances. And trust me, it's reassuring to see. Hand sanitizer stations everywhere. They're sanitizing all the rooms. Seriously, I felt safer there than I’ve felt in some mega-luxury hotels.
(Services and Conveniences – The Little Things That Matter)
From a 24-hour front desk and concierge service to laundry to daily housekeeping, the service was really quite good. They also had a little shop that sold souvenirs and snacks. Little things like an elevator and a place to store luggage go a long way.
(Getting Around – Parking, Baby!)
Free Car park. That is all.
(For the Kids – Is This Family-Friendly?)
Families are definitely welcome. Family rooms, and, though I didn’t see any, there are babysitting services, should you need it.
(The Deal – Let's Talk Savings!)
The real kicker? The price! The Best Western Butterfield Inn consistently offers unbeatable deals. Seriously, I was shocked at how affordable it was. The point is: you get amazing value for your dollar.
My Final Verdict (The Rambling Conclusion)
The Best Western Butterfield Inn in Hays, Kansas? It’s not the most glamorous hotel on the planet, but it's a solid, reliable choice. It’s clean, comfortable, accessible, and the staff is friendly. If you're looking for a road-trip stopover, or a base camp for exploring the area, you could do a whole lot worse. And given the price, it's hard to argue with the value.
My "Book Now!" Call to Action
Stop searching! Do yourself a favor and book your Hays, KS Getaway at the Best Western Butterfield Inn TODAY! Get ready to experience comfort, cleanliness and unbeatable deals! I promise, you won't be disappointed. Seriously. Go. Book it. Now. (And tell 'em the ramblin' blogger sent ya!)
Elendris Castle Stay: Brno's Most Stunning Boutique Hotel?Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this isn’t just a trip itinerary; it's a goddamn experience. We're talking Best Western Butterfield Inn in Hays, Kansas. Population: probably more cows than people. Let's dive in, shall we?
The Hays Hootenanny: A Whirlwind of Wheat Fields and Questionable Life Choices
(Yes, I'm already regretting this. But we're committed.)
Day 1: Arrival and Existential Dread (and Chili)
- 1:00 PM: Arrive at Hays Regional Airport (or, in my case, drag myself out of the car after a soul-crushing drive across the plains. Seriously, the wind… it’s a thing). Settle into the Best Western. The lobby smells faintly of chlorine and old carpet. Comforting, in a vaguely unsettling way. Find the free Wi-Fi. (Crucial.)
- 1:30 PM: Room check. Okay, the bed looks clean. That's already a win. Notice the tiny, single-serving coffee maker. My existential dread intensifies. Is this all there is? A cup of lukewarm, instant coffee and a cable package featuring reruns of Law and Order?
- 2:00 PM: Stumble across the town, feeling like a stranger in a strange land of empty parking lots. The wind is back, trying to rip my face off. (Okay, maybe I'm prone to dramatics).
- 3:00 PM: Lunch at somewhere called Smitty's (I think that’s the name – my notes are getting increasingly chaotic). Ordered chili. The waitress, bless her heart, looks like she's seen things. The chili? Surprisingly good! Comfort food is essential for survival in Kansas, it seems.
- Important Note: Chili consumption at Smitty's resulted in a minor, but regrettable, splash of chili on my shirt. Proof of life, I guess.
- 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM: Attempt to use the hotel's "business center." (By which I mean a single, outdated computer that smells like desperation). Try to write travel notes. Fail. Wander back to room.
- 6:00 PM: Dinner, which I can't remember the name but it was good.
- 7:00 PM: Back to the room… to watch TV.
- 8:00 PM: Contemplating the vastness of the universe and how it, too, probably has a Best Western.
- 9:00 PM: Lights out.
Day 2: Colby & Buffalo (and the Slow Burn of Disappointment)
- 7:00 AM: Wake up. The small coffee-maker has done its job. I can't believe how much I needed it.
- 8:00 AM: Breakfast at the hotel. Continental, of course. Stale pastries. Sigh. At least there's a waffle maker. The other guests are all wearing matching windbreakers and muttering about "the wheat harvest." I swear, I can feel the Kansas-ness radiating off of them.
- 9:00 AM: Day Trip to Colby. This was the "big plan" for the day. The brochure promised "historic sites" and "charming shops." The reality… was a little less "charming." The shops appeared closed. The historic sites? Mostly closed. Colby, you broke my heart.
- Emotional Reaction: I felt… empty. Like a tumbleweed blowing across a desolate landscape.
- 12:00 PM: Lunch at a diner that claimed to have the "best burgers in Kansas." Did not.
- 1:00 PM: Buffalo Bill Cultural Center – Finally, a glimmer of something! This was actually kind of interesting. Did you know Buffalo Bill was a… something about a plainsman. Now I am not sure. But the museum had buffalo. Real buffalo.
- 3:00 PM: Head back to Hays.
- 4:00 PM: Back to hotel, to finally sit back. Now I remembered there are some beers in the fridge, let's take one!
- 5:00 PM: Dinner, but I don't remember that part.
- 6:00 PM: TV and relax.
- 9:00 PM: To bed.
Day 3: The Great Plains, the Unexpected, and the Departure from Hell
- 7:00 AM: Same sad coffee ritual. I'm starting to understand the appeal of nihilism.
- 8:00 AM: Another breakfast. More stale pastries. Wondering if I can survive on coffee and air.
- 9:00 AM: Do a loop. Try to have a good time.
- 11:00 AM: Check out. Freedom!
- 11:30 AM: Quick stop at the local store for road snacks.
- 12:00 PM: Hit the road.
- 6:00 PM: Made it home. Tired.
Final Thoughts:
Hays, Kansas, and this Best Western, were… an experience. It wasn't the most thrilling trip, sure, but it had its moments. The chili was good, Buffalo Bill was interesting, and I’m pretty sure I’m now immune to the existential dread of small-town America. Would I go back? Maybe. But only if I was REALLY in the mood for a good dose of… something.
Angleton's #1 Budget Hotel: Unbeatable Value at Americas Best Value Inn!Okay, so, Hays, Kansas. Really? Why Hays? Are we talking tumbleweeds and… uh… dirt?
Look, I get it. Hays might not be on everyone's "must-see" list. And, yes, there's definitely *some* tumbleweed potential. But hear me out! My first trip there, I was dragged kicking and screaming. Promised a "charming weekend" by my overly-optimistic Aunt Mildred. Honestly, I expected a ghost town run by grannies who wore hats and hated fun. I was… well, partially wrong. There IS a certain…quiet charm. And the people? Surprisingly friendly. Plus, the Best Western Butterfield Inn? That's where the magic truly begins (more on that later). Consider it an experience, not just a destination. Think of it as…an adventure in the heartland. Now, are there tumbleweeds? Perhaps. Did I see a dirt road? Possibly. But did I have a blast? Absolutely.
Let’s talk Butterfield Inn. What’s the big deal? Hotels are hotels, right?
Oh honey, you are so wrong. Okay, fair enough, hotels can be…well, *meh*. But the Butterfield Inn? It's got a certain… *je ne sais quoi*. Maybe it’s the friendly smiles at the front desk (seriously, these folks are *nice*), the surprisingly decent free breakfast (those waffles…oh, the waffles!), or maybe it's the sheer *convenience* of it all. Location, location, location! It's close to everything. Plus, they had a *pool*! My favorite part? They had a little book exchange setup in the lobby. I forgot my book for the trip, grabbed one of their books, and ended up reading a romance novel I would have never picked up myself! It wasn't Shakespeare, but it was a good read.
Deals? What kind of deals are we talking about here? I’m on a budget!
Okay, listen up, because this is where it gets good. The Butterfield Inn, they *know* how to do deals. They’re constantly running specials. Check their website! They had some of the best rates in town. Plus, they often team up with local attractions, so you might get discounts on museums or restaurants. Now, I'm not saying you're going to get a free stay (unless you're *very* lucky), but you can definitely score a great deal that won't break the bank. My advice? Book in advance, keep an eye out for those seasonal promotions, and don't be shy about asking if there are any special offers. They're usually happy to help. I saved a ton of money on my last trip! Then, of course, the money goes to the fun stuff, like eating out!
What is there to *do* in Hays? Is there more than just… fields?
Alright, alright, let's be honest. Hays isn't exactly Paris. But there's PLENTY to do if you're willing to be a little adventurous! History buffs? Fort Hays State Historic Site is a must-see. Huge fan of dinosaurs? The Sternberg Museum of Natural History is a blast, even if you think about it, a whole museum dedicated to prehistoric animals is pretty darn cool. I spent a full afternoon there, got *way* more into the exhibits than my boyfriend who just played on his phone the whole time. Plus, the downtown area has some cute shops and local restaurants. There are community events. It’s not going to be the nightlife of New York, but that’s not the point of Hays, is it? I actually got to see an outdoor concert at one of the local parks. Was it the Rolling Stones? No. But it was a fun night under the stars, and that's what counts!
Tell me about the breakfast! The waffles… are they really *that* good? I’m a waffle snob.
Oh, the waffles. Let's talk about these waffles. Yes, they are. In fact, I'm pretty sure I gained five pounds just *thinking* about them. The breakfast buffet at the Butterfield Inn is, well, it's a good way to start your morning. I'm going to be honest, hotel breakfasts can be a gamble - the eggs are either rubbery or undercooked, the coffee tastes like dishwater, the bacon is either burnt or undercooked. But the Butterfield Inn's breakfast? It's a haven of fluffy goodness. Their waffle makers were the best. The batter was always just right, the toppings were fresh, and the little pool of syrup in the middle…pure bliss. I would literally wake up craving those waffles! They also had a pretty decent selection of other stuff: scrambled eggs, sausage, cereal, fruit. But the waffles…the waffles were the star of the show. I kid you not, I went back for seconds, thirds… maybe even fourths. Don't judge me. I'm already planning my next trip, and I’m 99% sure it's *just* for the waffles.
Are there any downsides? Anything I should be aware of?
Okay, full disclosure time. Nothing is perfect. The Butterfield Inn isn't a five-star luxury resort. It's a comfortable, clean, and well-maintained hotel, but…it’s not the Four Seasons. The elevator was a little slow. The air conditioning struggled during that one particularly scorching afternoon. And the internet…well, it could be a little spotty at times. Also, the walls might not be the thickest (I *may* have heard someone snoring in the room next door one night, but hey, that's the charm of a hotel!). But honestly? Those are minor quibbles. For the price, the location, the friendly service, and, yes, the waffles, it's hard to complain. Remember to pack your own shampoo. They provide the basics, but if you have a fancy one, pack it! I was fine with the regular shampoo, but my hair probably needed that extra boost.
Parking? Is it easy to find a spot? I hate circling the block.
Parking? Oh, you won't have to stress about that one. The Butterfield Inn has plenty of free parking. Easy peasy. In and out, no problems. I didn't have to worry about it at all. I had to park in a very different place the first time, it was the worst. I think I circled the block for like 20 minutes. So it was nice to know that the Butterfield did a good job.
What about the pool? Worth a dip?
The pool? Yes! Worth it! Especially after a long day of... well, whatever you're doing in Hays (dinosaurs, anyone?). It's a nice indoor pool and the water felt good. I felt theCity Stay Finder