Niagara Falls' BEST Kept Secret: Caravan Motel! (Unbelievable Deals!)
Okay, buckle up, buttercups! You want a review of the Caravan Motel? You've come to the right place. Forget those pristine, sterile travel brochures. I’m about to tell you the real story, the gloriously messy, imperfect, and sometimes surprisingly wonderful truth about Niagara Falls' "BEST Kept Secret": The Caravan Motel! (And yes, they do have unbelievable deals. More on that later…)
First off, let me say, you're probably not going to find the Four Seasons here. But that’s kinda the point. The Caravan is for the REAL travelers, the ones who want a solid base camp for exploring Niagara Falls without breaking the bank. Think of it as a… well, a caravan! A launching pad for adventure!
Accessibility & Safety: The Basics (Thankfully!)
Okay, accessibility. This is essential. They say they have facilities for disabled guests. (Important to clarify what that specifically is, like ramps – I saw ramps – and the elevator is a LIFE saver. The exterior corridor setup is kind of cool, lets you get some fresh air, so that’s already a win). They've got the basic safety stuff handled, too: fire extinguishers, smoke alarms, security. I felt safe. And in today’s world, that’s HUGE. They also DO use professional-grade sanitizing services (THANK GOD! This whole pandemic thing has made me a cleanliness freak!), and a lot of the staff were masked up. The hand sanitizer was everywhere. Seriously, I think I could fill a swimming pool with the amount of sanitizer they have.
Cleanliness: A Tale of Two Worlds (and the Sanitizer's Triumph!)
Okay, let's be honest. The room… wasn’t spotless in the way a five-star hotel is. I mean, it’s a motel! But the bed was comfy, the sheets felt clean (important!), and the room smelled clean. And that, my friends, is where the sanitizer really shines. They are using anti-viral cleaning products. They are clearly taking sanitization seriously, and that, in my book, earns major points. They've even got rooms sanitized between stays, and if you are like me, you could opt out of room sanitization. Not sure why you would though, honestly.
The Amenities! Hold Your Horses… Mostly.
Now, here's where things get interesting. They're trying. And that counts for something. Let's break it down.
- Swimming Pool (Outdoor): Yeah, they have a pool! It’s not the Bellagio pool, mind you. It looks like it could have been built in the Reagan era. But hey, it's a refreshing dip on a hot day! (And the view… well, you won’t be seeing the falls from the pool).
- Spa/Sauna/Steamroom: Nope. Not happening.
- Gym/Fitness: I think I saw something vaguely resembling a treadmill in a corner.
- Restaurants/Dining: This is where my inner foodie got a little… disappointed. They have a restaurant, and a coffee shop, maybe a snack bar? Don't expect Michelin stars. But. They provide a breakfast service, a buffet (basic, but gets the job done), and if that isn't enough, 24 hour room service, and a pool side bar if you want to splurge.
- Things to do, ways to relax: Let's get real. The thing to do is see Niagara Falls. This is a home base. You want to relax? Book a massage somewhere. (I didn't see any options available at this location.)
The Room Itself: Your Personal Fortress (with a few Quirks).
Okay, let's talk room specifics. I had a perfectly serviceable room. The air conditioning worked. HALLELUJAH! (Especially in the summer! That Niagara humidity is a beast.) They had free Wi-Fi (huge plus!). The bathroom was… well, a bathroom. Nothing fancy, but functional. They had a mini-bar. The bed? Comfortable enough to collapse on after a day of exploring. I'm not gonna lie, I slept like a log that night.
Services and Conveniences: The Stuff That Matters (and Some Extras!)
- Front Desk (24-hour): This is HUGE. Especially when you arrive late, like I did.
- Daily Housekeeping: Yep, they cleaned up my mess. They removed shared stationery.
- Luggage Storage: Saved my back.
- Doorman: No doorman.
- Free Car Park: Sweet. (And they apparently have car power charging stations!).
- Wi-Fi for special events: I did not host an event to test this out.
- CCTV: Security. Good stuff.
- Cashless Payment Service: Awesome.
- Contactless check-in/out: Yup, perfect for these times.
The "Unbelievable Deals": The Reason You’re Here
Okay, the main event. The price. They're affordable. Think "budget-friendly". I mean, really, ridiculously affordable, especially compared to the hotels right in the thick of tourist madness. I'm talking about the kind of prices that let you actually enjoy your vacation, instead of stressing about your bank account. It's what allows you to spend your money on the actual attractions: the falls, the food, the fun stuff.
The Verdict:
Look, the Caravan Motel isn't a luxury resort. It's not perfect. It's not Instagram-worthy. BUT. It's clean, comfortable, safe, and – most importantly – it’s affordable. It's a great base camp for exploring Niagara Falls. If you are looking for something flashy, move along. If you are looking for a genuinely comfortable experience, that is good for you, then you are exactly who the Caravan Motel is for.
My Honest, Unsolicited, Opinionated Recommendation:
The Caravan Motel is a solid choice for budget-conscious travelers and families, and an excellent choice for travelers. It is what it is, and it offers.
And now, for my super-duper, absolutely-must-book-now offer (okay, more of a suggestion):
Don't Expect Perfection, Expect Adventure at Niagara Falls' BEST Kept Secret: Caravan Motel! (Unbelievable Deals!)
Here’s what you get:
- Affordable basecamp: The lowest prices in Niagara.
- Clean and Safe: Sanitize your room and enjoy the view.
- Close to the Falls: Easy access, quick commute!
- Reliable and Functional: Air conditioning, Wi-Fi, and a good night's sleep.
- FREE Parking: Save your money
Stop overpaying for luxury. Start making memories. Book your stay at the Caravan Motel NOW!
Lampung's HOTTEST Urban Hotel: Azana's Chic Escape!Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this ain't your grandma's pristine travel itinerary. We're heading to Niagara Falls, baby, and we're doing it right. By right, I mean slightly chaotic, emotionally charged, and fueled by questionable gas station coffee. We're staying at the Caravan Motel, which, let's be honest, sounds a little like a Scooby-Doo mystery waiting to happen. Here we go:
Day 1: Arrival, Anxiety, and the Promise of Water
1:00 PM: Arrive at the Caravan Motel. Okay, first impression? The sign looks like it's been battling the elements since the dawn of time. There's a slight… vibe. You know, the kind that whispers, "Unpack your emotional baggage, honey, because we're all carrying some." I knew I forgot something. Where's the air freshener? Ugh.
1:15 PM: Check in (hopefully painlessly). Praying the room key works. A flicker of hope, then a wave of "Did I really just pay for THIS?" I'm instantly calculating how many hours I have to stare at the ceiling before I can justify leaving again. Pray for no bed bugs. Quick inspection: Okay, the sheets seem clean. (Deep breath).
1:30 PM: The Room. Okay, it's functional. The decor screams "1970s time capsule" but hey, the vintage TV might work which is a major bonus. I start fiddling with the remote. Nope. Turns the volume up. Of course. Damn it.
2:00 PM: The Great Falls Frenzy Begin. I decide to take a tentative step outside. The Falls! Whoa. Okay, now that's impressive. Actually kinda overwhelming. The sheer volume of water. I take a picture. It doesn't capture the majesty. It's just a slightly blurry reminder of the human failure to appropriately document awe.
3:00 PM: The "Maid of the Mist" (and Mild Panic). Bought the tickets. Should be fun. I get on the boat. Stand at the rail. OH GAWD, THE SPRAY. I didn't bring more than a thin poncho and I've immediately realised I'm woefully unprepared for this. It's like a hurricane of mist and water! I start laughing because… what else can you do? Totally worth it (and I am soaked to the bone).
4:30 PM: Post-Mist Debrief and Fries. Drying off (somewhat) and now starving. Find nearest vendor. I mean, the fries are probably a greasy heart attack in a paper carton, but hey, I have some kind of immunity to heart attacks. The salty goodness melts away some of the fear. (And I think I saw a seagull eye my fries with pure, unadulterated greed.)
6:00 PM: Dinner Dilemma. Okay, finding somewhere non-cheesy is a challenge. I'm craving… something… REAL. I end up in some place called "The Rainbow Grill" – which, let's be real, sounds promising, right? "Rainbow" sounds good. I'm expecting something magical. The menu is a weird mix of everything. The food is… fine. I'm surrounded by families and the distinct smell of fried food. I'm not sure about the whole "rainbow" part.
7:30 PM: Night Illuminations. Okay, this REALLY good. The Falls are lit up with changing colors, and it's genuinely beautiful. I'm starting to feel a little bit of that "wow" that I was hoping for. The sheer beauty. The romance. The water! This is cool.
8:30 PM: Back to the Caravan of Questionable Mysteries. I'm exhausted. And already fantasizing about the morning coffee. Maybe. Just maybe, the vintage telly will work after all. Sleep.
Day 2: Falls, Fudge, and the Fear of Heights
8:00 AM: Morning Dread. Coffee. Ugh, the motel's coffee is terrible. Makes me miss the questionable gas station stuff. This taste like brown water. Why didn't I bring my own?
9:00 AM: Cave of the Winds. I'm doing this. But I'm not entirely sure I want to do this. The thought of being soaked again… and close to the Falls… gives me an immediate feeling of unease. But, I signed up, right? Okay, here we go… The cave is closed. No time.
11:00 AM: Fudge Obsession. The fudge. There's fudge everywhere. I buy some. It's delicious. I feel like I've consumed an entire candy shop. I secretly buy another piece.
12:00 PM: Lunch "Adventure." I discover a sketchy-looking diner that is a major step up from the greasy fries. Food coma is imminent.
2:00 PM: Journey Behind the Falls. I'm going to do it. I'm going to face my fear of heights. I'm going through the tunnel. I'm looking at the falls from behind. This is actually surprisingly awesome. It's a bit claustrophobic, but the view is… incredible. The sound of the water is deafening, and I find myself thinking about the amazing power of nature.
4:00 PM: Shopping and Regret. I go to tourist trap shopping. I buy a Niagara Falls t-shirt. I try on a silly hat. I feel conflicted about consumerism. Ultimately, I buy the mug.
6:00 PM: Dinner and People Watching. I find a nice little restaurant. I feel okay. Eating alone is kind of freeing, actually. People watching is my guilty pleasure, the other people are not.
8:00 PM: One Last Waterfall Gaze. I walk back to the falls, because something draws me there. The lights are different, the mood is different. It's peaceful. A little sad, too, because this whole trip and the feeling are almost over.
9:00 PM: Back to the Caravan. Pack up. Leave. Check out. The room's okay. I can leave.
Day 3: Departure and the Aftermath
9:00 AM: Last Look. One last look at the Falls. I breathe in the mist for one last time. This place… it's something. It's messy, it's touristy, it's a bit of a sensory overload, but it's also genuinely impressive. And I'm going to miss it.
9:30 AM: Exit the Caravan. Goodbye to the Caravan Motel. It wasn't luxurious, but it was… memorable. I will remember this.
11:00 AM: Drive Home. I leave Niagara Falls. On the road again. The drive home is long. I bought more fudge. And already dreaming of going back and experiencing it properly.
So, there you have it. A messy, imperfect, but hopefully human account of a trip to Niagara Falls and the Caravan Motel. Remember, the best trips aren't always perfect, they're the ones where you get a little wet, a little bewildered, and a whole lot of feeling. Now, get out there and have your own adventure. And for heaven's sake, pack a decent poncho.
Unbelievable Drury Inn Deal in Columbia, MO! Stadium Views Await!