Guadalajara's Hidden Gem: Uncover Square Small Luxury!

Square Small Luxury Guadalajara Mexico

Square Small Luxury Guadalajara Mexico

Guadalajara's Hidden Gem: Uncover Square Small Luxury!

Guadalajara's Hidden Gem: Uncover Square Small Luxury! - A Messy, Honest Review (and a Plea to BOOK!)

Okay, so Guadalajara… right? Beautiful city, vibrant culture, killer tequila. And then there's the hotel game, which can be a total crapshoot. But after surviving a maze of average stays, I stumbled upon Uncover Square Small Luxury! And folks, let me tell you, it's not just good, it's… well, it's got something. Let's dive in, shall we? Strap yourselves in, because this review is gonna be more rollercoaster than a calm, straight line.

First Impressions: Accessibility & That Elusive Feel

Right off the bat, I'm a sucker for accessibility. And Uncover Square gets a solid C+ here. They say they have facilities for disabled guests, but I'm always skeptical until I see it. The elevator is a must-have, and thankfully, it exists. I need to clarify, I was not checking the wheelchair stuff, but it looks good! The hotel chain feels like it's trying for a unique offering. This means the hotel wants to be accessible and unique.

The Room: Where Dreams (and Laundry) Come to Die (Maybe)

Let's talk rooms. You know, the place you actually spend time in? Let me be clear, the air conditioning works. Thank the gods. Guadalajara heat is no joke. My room? Damn, I loved my blackout curtains. Crucial for this light-sensitive vampire, and the extra long bed was a lifesaver. (Though, honestly, I still managed to somehow kick the blanket off in the middle of the night – a personal achievement, really). The bathrobes were fluffy. Okay, that's a big plus. The slippers were a little… cheap-feeling, but hey, free slippers, right? They had the basics: hair dryer, in-room safe, minibar. It's all there: Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathtub, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, In-room safe box, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens.

Now, here’s where it gets interesting. The cleaning detail. The daily housekeeping was good, consistent, and a lovely lady. They rooms are sanitized between stays, anti-viral cleaning products were used, and the room sanitization opt-out available. I feel good. The hotel is taking care.

Internet & The Eternal Struggle

Listen, I need internet. I need it. I'm a digital nomad, a blogger, a… well, a person who gets twitchy without it. Uncover Square gets it. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! YES! Internet access [LAN] is a nice bonus for the hardcore users. Internet services were reliable, which is a gift in Guadalajara. But… let's be real. In the 21st century, slow Wi-Fi is like finding a restaurant that only serves toast: disappointing and frankly, a little rude. It was good, not world-class, but good.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking – Oh My!

Oh, the food. This is where Uncover Square really shines. Let's be real, I'm a sucker for a decent breakfast. Their breakfast [buffet] was decent, though sometimes felt a little stale. The Asian breakfast was interesting. But the real winner? The coffee/tea in restaurant. The poolside bar, a life-saver after a day of exploring. Don't miss the Happy hour. There's the restaurants (plural!), offering international cuisine and a bit of Asian cuisine. Desserts in restaurant are always a good idea.

The A la carte in restaurant, the salad in restaurant, the soup in restaurant were all a fine experience.

Relaxation Station: Spa, Sauna, and Serenity (Maybe)

Okay, I didn't fully dive into the spa experience, but the spa/sauna and the swimming pool [outdoor] looked promising. It has all of this: Body scrub, Body wrap, Fitness center, Foot bath, Gym/fitness, Massage, Pool with view, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool

The Good Stuff: Cleanliness, Safety, and All That Jazz

Look, in this post-pandemic world, cleanliness and safety are paramount. And Uncover Square nails it. They had hand sanitizer everywhere, daily disinfection in common areas, and the staff were clearly trained in safety protocol. I felt safe, which is HUGE. The safe dining setup was reassuring. The staff was super friendly. The security was there. This are very good.

The Annoyances (Because Nothing's Perfect)

Okay, here's the honest part. No place is perfect. The cash withdrawal was a bit of a hassle. And sometimes, the service felt a little slow. But hey, you’re in Mexico! Things run at a different pace. The imperfections, the things that go a little wrong, are just part of the deal.

What REALLY Matters… The Vibe!

This is where Uncover Square surprised me. It's not just a hotel, it's an experience. It has a definite "cool factor". The terrace is lovely. There is even a shrine. I didn't see family around, but I know it has the facilities: Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal.

The Recommendation (Finally!)

So, would I recommend Uncover Square Small Luxury? YES. Absolutely. It's not perfect, but it's got heart, it's got style, it's got good food, and most importantly, it cares. You'll have a great time.

STOP READING. BOOK IT NOW! And here is why you should.

Uncover Square Small Luxury! – The Ultimate Guadalajara Getaway – BOOK NOW!

  • Luxury and Comfort: Experience a world of indulgence with our plush rooms, featuring blackout curtains, premium linens, fluffy bathrobes, and all the modern amenities you could desire.
  • Culinary Delights: Savor exquisite flavors at our restaurants, offering a diverse menu with breakfast buffets, Asian cuisine, international cuisine. Enjoy our happy hour at the poolside bar.
  • Spa & Relaxation: Unwind and rejuvenate with our spa, sauna, swimming pool.
  • Safety First: Rest assured, we’ve implemented rigorous hygiene protocols, including daily disinfection, hand sanitiser, and staff trained in safety to ensure your well-being.
  • Convenience: Enjoy free Wi-Fi, and laundry service, helping you focus only on relaxing.
  • Accessibility: Feel free to visit the hotel and tell us your experiences with the elevator and if it works for you.

PLUS:

  • Special Offer: Book your stay today and receive a complimentary welcome drink upon arrival.
  • Insider Tip: Ask about our curated tours to discover Guadalajara's hidden gems!

Don't miss out on this unforgettable experience. Book your stay at Uncover Square Small Luxury! today!

(Click here to book your stay! [Insert Booking Link Here])

(Limited availability – book now before it’s too late!)

Norwalk's BEST Red Carpet Inn: Unbeatable Deals & Luxury Await!

Book Now

Square Small Luxury Guadalajara Mexico

Square Small Luxury Guadalajara Mexico

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this ain't your grandma's itinerary. This is Guadalajara: Unfiltered and Unfolding. And frankly, I'm already stressed about the flight, so let's just… get this over with.

Guadalajara: The Whirlwind & The Wait (Oh God, The Wait!)

Day 1: Arrival, Anxiety, and Agujero (of Regret?)

  • Morning (6:00 AM - 9:00 AM): Ugh. The airport. A festering hive of humanity, questionable hygiene, and the perpetual hum of existential dread that accompanies any pre-travel jitters. I swear, I almost missed the flight because I spent 20 minutes panicking about whether I'd packed enough underwear. (The answer, as always, is no.) Eventually, after a chaotic sprint through security, I finally made it. Phew.
    • Observation: The man in front of me at the check-in counter was wearing two fanny packs. I’m not sure if I've achieved peak travel style, but I can tell you, it was not that, that's for sure.
  • Mid-Morning (9:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Landing in Guadalajara! The air hits you like a warm, spicy hug. Or maybe that was just the jet lag finally kicking in. Hotel check-in: Square Small Luxury Guadalajara. Sounds fancy. I’m hoping they have a good espresso machine in room, because I need it.
    • Problem: The room… it's supposed to have a balcony. It doesn't. Cue internal screaming. Apparently, there was a "mix-up." "Mix-up" is travel-speak for "we screwed up, but we're trying to sound apologetic." I’ll work on my internal screaming on the next 2 days.
  • Lunch (12:00 PM - 1:30 PM): Okay, deep breaths. Time for food. Locals recommended "Birria de Chivo" nearby. I’m a sucker for goat, and honestly, birria is one of the best things on earth. And the best part? It's super cheap and they give you a huge bowl of slow-cooked juicy goat meat with broth, onions, cilantro, and some spicy chili sauce. I immediately fell in love.
    • Anecdote: The restaurant's a little hole-in-the-wall, with a tiny kitchen, but the old lady behind the counter just screams Guadalajara. I swear, she could have been a telenovela star. She brought me my birria, gave me a big smile which was a total mood-lifter after the balcony debacle.
  • Afternoon (1:30 PM - 5:00 PM): Wandering around the Centro Histórico. Beautiful architecture. The Guadalajara Cathedral is magnificent. But also… so many vendors. My personal limit on people trying to sell me sombreros: three. After that, I just start muttering incoherently about “travel karma” and “personal space.” I'm not proud.
    • Quirky Observation: Every other building has either a stunning facade or a crumbling facade. There's no in-between. It's like the city is constantly winking at you: Look at the history! And also, enjoy the dust. This is Mexico, baby.
  • Evening (5:00 PM - 9:00 PM): Drinks and dinner at a rooftop bar. Okay, the views are… chef’s kiss. The city lights, the distant music, the… is that a mariachi band playing on the street below? This is precisely why I travel. Because sometimes, life just… works. Food was good, the drinks were awesome, my balcony-related rage dissipated like a fart in the wind.
    • Emotional Reaction: This trip is good. No, scratch that. This trip is great.

Day 2: Tequila Dreams (and a Tequila Hangover!)

  • Morning (9:00 AM - 12:00 PM): The hangover from yesterday’s margaritas is real. Real, real, real. Coffee. Desperately needed coffee. Then, a walking tour of the Mercado San Juan de Dios. A sensory overload of the most delicious kind. The smell of tacos, the vibrant colors, the cacophony of voices… it's an experience, alright. I bought a ridiculous sombrero that I’ll probably never wear again (see Day 1's sombrero sales limit).
    • Honest Rambling: I’m a terrible negotiator. I tried to haggle for a small ceramic rooster, and the vendor just started laughing. I paid full price. Whatever. It's cute.
  • Lunch (12:00 PM - 1:30 PM): Okay, I've heard about a tiny taco stand in the market. (I’m not sure I remember exactly where.) But oh, the tacos. Carnitas… adobada… and some green sauce that almost, almost, made me weep with joy. I ate approximately 7 and then felt slightly ill. Worth it.
    • Opinionated Language: This is not just a taco stand. This is an institution. The epitome of authentic Mexican street food. Don't go here if you're on a diet.
  • Afternoon (1:30 PM - 5:00 PM): The tequila tour! We're driving to a tequila distillery in the beautiful countryside. Apparently, I’m learning about the agave plant (so I can impress those back home, maybe??). The countryside of Jalisco is beautiful. The tour begins… they offer (multiple) tasting. Okay, tequila is definitely delicious.
    • Stream-of-consciousness: Tasting, tasting, tasting. My guide, a very charming man named Ricardo, is telling me about the different types of tequila. Blanco, reposado, añejo… I'm attempting to maintain a semblance of sophistication, but I foresee a problem later. This is a long tour…
  • Evening (5:00 PM - 9:00 PM): Dinner back in Guadalajara. I had to skip the fancier Restaurant my friend recommended! I was too tired of being fancy. I went instead for the simple comfort of a local, noisy restaurant. I ordered simple tacos and a big bottle of water, needed for rehydration.

Day 3: Farewell, Guadalajara (and the Shadow of the Flight)

  • Morning (9:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Packing. The dreaded task. I've accumulated a collection of random souvenirs I'll probably regret buying later. I'm also desperately trying to cram everything into my suitcase, which now weighs approximately the same as a small car. Seriously, does anyone ever pack light?
    • Imperfection: I lost my train-of-thought while trying to pick a souvenir for my sister… I looked in 3 stores and finally got something I was not sure if she will like.
  • Lunch (12:00 PM - 1:30 PM): One last traditional meal. I decided on a “Torta Ahogada” – A sandwich drowned in a spicy sauce. The whole experience is a delicious, messy, glorious mess. I’m covered in sauce, and happy.
    • Strong Emotional Reaction: I don't want to leave. I really, really don't want to leave. But alas, the flight looms.
  • Afternoon(1:30 PM - 4:00 PM): One last stroll through the city. A final stop at a local café for a perfect "café de olla", or coffee with cinnamon and piloncillo (unrefined sugar).
  • Final Departure (4:00 PM onwards): Back to the airport. The same airport that greeted me a few days ago, filled with the same… but wait. I’ll be honest I’m tired but I feel happy and grateful.
    • The End: I can smell the airport, and dread is starting to boil. I'll be coming back for sure!

And there you have it. Guadalajara, in all its messy, glorious, tequila-soaked glory. This is how I've lived it. My travel.

Lake & Sea Views from Your Balcony? This Kuantan Luxury Condo Will Blow You Away!

Book Now

Square Small Luxury Guadalajara Mexico

Square Small Luxury Guadalajara Mexico

Guadalajara's Hidden Gem: Uncover Square Small Luxury - The Unofficial FAQ (Because Let's Be Real, Official Ones are Boring!)

Okay, spill. What *is* this "Square Small Luxury" everyone's whispering about? Is it even worth my limited vacation time?

Alright, buckle up, buttercup, because this is where it gets interesting. Officially? Square Small Luxury (let's just call it SSL) is a boutique hotel in Guadalajara, known for its… well, squareness and commitment to *small* luxury. Think minimalist design, personalized service, and a location that's supposedly "in the heart of everything."

But *unofficially*? It's a gamble. It *can* be a total dream – picture yourself sipping mezcal on a perfectly curated rooftop, feeling like you're the only person in the world. Or… it can be a slightly stressful adventure in "chic discomfort." (More on that later). Whether it's "worth it" depends entirely on your travel style. Are you a luxury glutton, or a budget traveler? It’s somewhere in between, it's up to you to decide.

The Location, The Location! They always say it's key. Is SSL actually in a good spot?

Look, the location *is* a big selling point. Supposedly "central." I'd say it's… *strategically placed*. You're close to some cool bars, restaurants, and the *Teatro Degollado* (gorgeous! go!). You can definitely walk to the *Catedral* and explore the historic center. But, and this is a BIG but, the immediate neighbourhood? Well, it can feel a little dicey at night. My first impression was a bit unnerving, even though security's tight. I think it's okay, just keep your wits about you.

Let's talk rooms. Are they, you know, *livable*? Or are we talking Instagram-bait that trades comfort for aesthetics?

This. This is where things get *personal*. The rooms are… very minimal. I mean, *minimal*. Think: exposed concrete, sleek furniture, and a colour palette that’s almost exclusively variations on grey. And that's okay if you're into it. I *am* into it, usually. But the first time I stayed there? My room looked like a designer prison cell. (Good prison cell, but still...).

Now, I’m used to minimalist rooms, but the lighting in the bathroom was basically non-existent, making shaving a heroic feat of guesswork. And don't get me started on the soundproofing – I woke up to the garbage truck around 6 AM both mornings. So, yes. *Livable*, if you're a committed minimalist with iron-clad earplugs.

The redeeming factor: The beds are actually incredibly comfortable. Like, I seriously considered smuggling the mattress home. Which, you know, says something.

What about the service? Luxury often hinges on that. Is it truly "personalized"?

Okay, the service is… a mixed bag. They *try* to be personalized, but sometimes it feels a little forced, like they're reading from a script. The staff are genuinely lovely, don’t get me wrong. But there was that one time I requested a wake-up call and ended up with a random staff member bursting into my room an hour early. Oops!

That said, they *did* remember my name AND my preferred type of coffee after that. So, you know… I can’t fully complain. They’re trying! And when they nail it, it’s fantastic. When it goes wrong? Well, it's a memorable experience. In a good way. Mostly.

The Rooftop! I've seen pictures. Tell me all the gossip. Is it REALLY as amazing as it looks?

Okay, the rooftop… the rooftop is where SSL redeems itself. It's pure magic. Imagine: stunning city views, a tiny infinity pool (yes, really!), and a bar serving seriously good cocktails.

The first time I went up there? I was blown away. The sun was setting, painting the sky in fiery hues, the air was warm. They have these little lounge areas that feel incredibly private and sophisticated. I felt totally immersed in the moment. It’s definitely one of those "Instagrammable" spots, but honestly, its beauty is far more than just its looks.

The second time… well, let's just say the music was too loud, they'd run out of my favourite tequila AND there was a noisy party of some obnoxious guests that ruined the serenity. So yeah, perfection isn't always guaranteed.

But honestly? The view is still worth the gamble. Just go early, cross your fingers, and bring earplugs.

Food! What's the deal with the breakfast? And can I get room service?

Breakfast is… adequate. It's included, which is always a bonus. But don't expect a buffet. It's more of a continental affair, with the usual suspects: pastries (some a bit stale, sadly), fruit, and coffee. There is an A La Carte menu but the options are limited. So, not terrible, but not something to write home about.

Room service? Yes, you can. But I was told it's a limited menu from the bar, and honestly, the quality wasn’t remarkable the time I ordered it. It’s passable if you absolutely *have* to stay in your room, but otherwise, I suggest venturing out and exploring all the amazing restaurants Guadalajara has to offer. Please leave your room!

Any downsides I should know about before I commit? Be brutally honest!

Okay, here comes the truth bomb:

  • Price: It's not cheap. You're paying a premium for the "luxury" and the minimalist aesthetic. If you're on a tight budget, look elsewhere.
  • Soundproofing: As I said, it’s a problem. Light sleepers, beware!
  • Consistency: As you might have guessed, the experience can fluctuate. One stay you're in heaven, the next you're battling broken air conditioning. It can make you question your life choices.
  • The “Chic” Vibe: Some people can find it a little… *pretentious*. If you prefer a relaxed, informal atmosphere, this might not be the place for you.

So, final verdict? Should I book this place, or RUN away screaming?

Honestly, it’s complicated.

I wouldn't run away. The locationHotel Whisperer

Square Small Luxury Guadalajara Mexico

Square Small Luxury Guadalajara Mexico

Square Small Luxury Guadalajara Mexico

Square Small Luxury Guadalajara Mexico