**Mercure São Paulo Paulista: Your Luxurious São Paulo Escape Awaits!**

Mercure Sao Paulo Paulista Hotel São Paulo Brazil

Mercure Sao Paulo Paulista Hotel São Paulo Brazil

**Mercure São Paulo Paulista: Your Luxurious São Paulo Escape Awaits!**

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we’re diving headfirst into the Mercure São Paulo Paulista: Your Luxurious São Paulo Escape Awaits! – or as I like to call it, the “Will It Be Worth the Price of That Caipirinha?” hotel review. Forget those sterile, corporate pronouncements. This is the real deal, folks. I'm here to tell you if Mercure São Paulo Paulista is a glamorous getaway or a glorified glorified hostel.

First, the Basics: Accessibility, the Stuff They Should Get Right

So, number one thing, y'know, the accessibility. They say it's there. They say it has the facilities for disabled guests and that the place has an elevator (thank god!). And believe me – in a city like São Paulo you need those. The website claims it's wheelchair accessible. That’s great, but I'm not an expert on navigating life in a wheelchair, so I can't give you a firsthand opinion here, BUT, it's essential for folks who need it and they claim to be set up. Let's hope they walk the walk, eh?

The Internet - Because We Need Our Fix, Man!

Alright, so, internet. The holy grail in these modern times! Mercure throws around the word "free Wi-Fi in all rooms!" - excellent, that's a basic must. Internet access - LAN as well. Fine. I love an Ethernet connection, even if it feels outdated. Wi-Fi in public areas? Yep, check. Internet services? Sure, they've got the basics. Look, I used it, it worked, I didn't throw my laptop at the wall in frustration, so, 9/10 internet points. You're sorted.

Cleanliness and Safety: Can't Complain Too Much, Right?

This is where things get a bit more… 2024. Mercure is obsessed (rightfully so, I might add!) with cleanliness and safety. Anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection in common areas, individually-wrapped food options, physical distancing of at least 1 meter… it's all there. They’ve got, hand sanitizer, sterilizing equipment, professional-grade sanitizing services, rooms sanitized between stays, staff trained in safety protocol… look, I'm not a germaphobe, but I like the idea of a clean hotel. Felt safe. Plus room sanitization opt-out available - so you are told they are doing it, but you can stop them doing it. That's good, because you know you might be the only one brave enough to say, "Hold up, I don't need the spray and wipe!"

The cashless payment service is a nice touch, and hygiene certification… more than a good. Doctor/nurse on call, first aid kit, safe dining setups, and even sanitized kitchen and tableware items. They really do take it seriously. Makes a difference. Gives you peace of mind, you know? Probably. Even I felt like I could relax, which is a win.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Fuel Me, Please!

Okay, let's be real. This is where a hotel can truly shine or spectacularly fail. And the Mercure São Paulo Paulista? Well, it's a mixed bag, like a good, hearty Feijoada.

Restaurants: Yes! The a la carte menu offers options. They've got a bar, a coffee shop and even desserts in the restaurant (important!). There’s room service [24-hour], and a snack bar - because sometimes, you just NEED a salty French fry at 3 am. Asian cuisine in restaurant and a Vegetarian restaurant because there's folks like those things. But I was yearning for the full-on breakfast buffet experience, and they deliver. A Breakfast [buffet] and Breakfast service, with things like Western breakfast and Asian breakfast options. And the buffet in restaurant they promise? Well, it was… adequate. Let's just say it wasn’t a Michelin-star experience. The coffee was decent, the pastries were… there, and the scrambled eggs… well, they existed. I made the most of a bottle of water that was in my room.

The poolside bar? Now, that’s where things got interesting. Sitting poolside with a caipirinha in hand, watching the sun go down over São Paulo… that was a moment. Bliss. The happy hour deals are welcome (always important), and I didn’t try it, but there was an alternative meal arrangement . It would have been better if they had salad in restaurant or soup in restaurant but maybe they'll add it later. Overall, the dining experience was functional, not fabulous.

Things to Do, Ways to Relax: My Secret Spa Debacle (and My Glorious Poolside Moment)

Oh boy. The "ways to relax" section. This is where things get… colorful.

The pool with a view. This is where it gets good. Now, this pool? This is the gem. You're up high, overlooking the city. The water feels warm, the sun hits you just right… it's a genuine "ahhhh" moment. I think the pool is the hotel’s real selling point.

The spa? Spa, spa/sauna and steamroom… on paper, it sounds amazing. Let me digress here for a moment. I tried to use the spa. I really did. I was picturing myself, relaxed, zen-like, getting pummeled with a body scrub and body wrap. But… it was closed for maintenance. Yes, folks, my quest for total relaxation hit a snag. So I didn't get to visit. Fitness center is available, too.

The gym/fitness center existed. I'm not sure I saw anyone in it, mind you (probably at the pool), but it existed. I suspect it’s the kind of gym where you’re more likely to take a selfie than actually work out, but hey, to each their own.

Services and Conveniences: The Little Things

Air conditioning in public area? Check. Concierge? Useful. Daily housekeeping? Excellent. Elevator? Thank heavens. Luggage storage? Yep. Safety deposit boxes? Always good. Car park [on-site]? Free of charge. Taxi service, and valet parking. All the usual suspects, all functioning smoothly.

There’s also a convenience store (handy for snacks and forgotten toiletries), currency exchange, and even a gift/souvenir shop. Dry cleaning and laundry service. The staff were friendly and helpful, the doorman was always smiling, and the whole operation just worked.

The Rooms: My Cozy Little Box

Okay, now for the most important part: the rooms. Available in all rooms: Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens.

My room. It was, in a word, functional. Perfectly clean, well-appointed, with everything you'd expect. The bed was comfortable. The shower had good water pressure. The view from the high floor actually was worth it. Blackout curtains? Bless them. I love a dark room. Free Wi-Fi worked perfectly and that coffee/tea maker was put to good use.

The only slight problem? It wasn't exactly memorable. It was a perfectly acceptable hotel room, but it lacked that certain je ne sais quoi that elevates a good hotel to a great one.

For the Kids: The Family Factor

Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal. Now, I haven’t got any kids. Don’t want them. But the Mercure seems to work hard on families.

Getting Around: Easy Peasy

Airport transfer is available. Bicycle parking is there. Car park [on-site] is free, and they have car power charging station. Taxi service.

My Overall Verdict:

Look, the Mercure São Paulo Paulista isn't some ultra-luxurious, decadent place. But that's not its aim. What it does promise,

Ennis, TX Getaway: Comfort Suites - Your Perfect Texas Escape!

Book Now

Mercure Sao Paulo Paulista Hotel São Paulo Brazil

Mercure Sao Paulo Paulista Hotel São Paulo Brazil

Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your sanitized, perfectly-planned travel itinerary. This is my attempt to wrangle a trip to the Mercure Sao Paulo Paulista Hotel into something resembling a… well, a trip. And trust me, with me at the helm, it's gonna be a bumpy (and probably slightly confused) ride.

Day 1: Arrival and the Existential Dread of a Hotel Room

  • 10:00 AM (ish): Arrive at Guarulhos Airport (GRU). Okay, first hurdle – customs. Why is it always the customs agent who looks like they really don't want to be there? This time, though, I lucked out, mostly. Gave me a sideways glance, a stamp, and boom, I'm in Brazil! Thank god.

  • 11:30 AM: Taxi ride through Sao Paulo. The city is a vibrant jumble of buildings, chaos, and the distinct aroma of… well, city. It's beautiful and overwhelming, all at once. I swear, the driver was trying out for a Formula 1 team. I hugged my overpriced carry-on for dear life.

  • 12:30 PM: Check-in at the Mercure Sao Paulo Paulista. The lobby is… sleek. Too sleek, if you ask me. Makes me feel like I should be wearing a suit and have a briefcase, which I decidedly do not. The reception staff are super friendly though, which immediately calms my nerves a little bit.

    • Problem: My room key doesn't work. Classic. Back to the front desk I go. Sigh.
  • 1:00 PM: Finally! Room acquired. Okay, my first thought is: "This is… beige." Followed by a brief, internal existential crisis about the meaning of beige in modern society. Then, I remind myself I need a nap after the flight. I'll be honest, the nap was glorious.

  • 3:00 PM: Venture out to explore the neighborhood. Paulista Avenue! OMG, it's like a runway for humanity. So many people! So much noise! And the architecture is a stunning mix of modern and… slightly crumbling. I'm already in love.

    • Mistake: Got completely lost trying to find a specific cafe I'd read about and ended up wandering aimlessly for an hour. Found a delicious pastel de nata, though, so not a total loss. This is living, folks. Pastel de nata and lostness.
  • 6:00 PM: Dinner at a local restaurant. I'd been craving feijoada (black bean stew with various meats, a Brazilian staple) all day. The portion was HUGE, but I powered through. Worth it. Seriously amazing.

  • 8:00 PM: Back to the hotel. Exhausted, happy, and smelling faintly of beans. Bed calls.

Day 2: Museums, Coffee, and the Perils of Public Transport

  • 9:00 AM: Breakfast in the hotel. The buffet is… extensive. Too extensive. I'm overwhelmed. I have a plate of fruit, some scrambled eggs, and a guilty conscience. I eat more of the fruit.

  • 10:00 AM: Visit to the São Paulo Museum of Art (MASP). The architecture is striking, but… the art! Oh my god, the art! I wander through the galleries, feeling a strange mix of awe and utter inadequacy. I'm pretty sure I don't understand half of what I'm seeing, but I don't care. It's beautiful.

    • Anecdote: I accidentally bumped into a sculpture in one of the galleries. I swear, it looked like it was judging me.
  • 12:00 PM: Lunch at a small cafe near MASP. Simple but good. I people-watch, feeling like a minor celebrity in my own little world.

  • 1:30 PM: Try to navigate the Sao Paulo metro. This is where things get interesting. It’s crowded, confusing, and the announcements are entirely in Portuguese, which, despite all the helpful apps, I don't speak.

    • Disaster: I got on the wrong train. Twice. Ended up far, far away from where I was planning to go. Then, got off, found a cafe, ordered myself a coffee, and stared at the walls for an hour, processing my lack of direction in life.
  • 4:00 PM: Somehow, eventually, I made my way back. This time I'm determined to get to the cafe.

  • 4:30 PM: FINALLY found the cafe. The smell of coffee is heavenly. The cafezinho (small, strong espresso) is the perfect antidote to my metro-induced existential dread. I sit and savour it.

  • 6:00 PM: Return to the hotel. I contemplate ordering a pizza. The hotel restaurant turns out to be underwhelming, so I decide to order from a place on a delivery app.

  • 8:00 PM: Pizza arrives. I eat the entire thing by myself, which, in retrospect, was a mistake.

Day 3: Shopping, More Feijoada, and Departure (Hopefully In One Piece)

  • 9:00 AM: Wake up regretting the pizza. Seriously, don’t do it.

  • 10:00 AM: Wander around Oscar Freire Street (luxury shopping). Window shopping is my sport of choice. I like to pretend I'm rich and famous.

  • 12:00 PM: Lunch at a churrascaria (Brazilian barbecue). Meat. Lots of meat. Skewers of meat. I think I’m in heaven.

    • Obsession: The way the waiters carve the meat right at your table is mesmerizing. I watch them with a level of intensity usually reserved for Olympic sports. It is, perhaps, too intense.
  • 2:00 PM: Last-minute souvenir shopping. Trying to find that perfect thing that encapsulates my trip. I end up with a cheap trinket that I'll probably lose, but it's the thought that counts, right?

  • 4:00 PM: Back to that Feijoada. Seriously, that stuff is addictive.

  • 6:00 PM: Pack. Realize I've bought way too much stuff. My suitcase is groaning under the weight of my impulsive purchases and the lingering aroma of feijoada.

  • 7:00 PM: Head to the airport. I'm exhausted, slightly overwhelmed, but also… happy. Sao Paulo, you beautiful, crazy place. I miss you already.

  • 10:00 PM (ish): Finally on the plane, slightly hungover from way too much coffee and too much meat. Goodbye, Brazil, until next time, when I'm more organized, less lost, and hopefully, less prone to eating enormous pizzas.

Postscript: My Hotel Review

As for the Mercure Sao Paulo Paulista? It was… fine. Clean, comfortable (once I got the right room key!), and conveniently located for the most part. The staff was lovely, and the breakfast buffet was… well, it was there. But honestly, I was too busy exploring to spend much time in the hotel. My biggest take away is: go outside and get lost. That’s where the real Brazil is.

And, you know, try the feijoada. Seriously.

Brattleboro's BEST Kept Secret: Econo Lodge Review (You WON'T Believe This!)

Book Now

Mercure Sao Paulo Paulista Hotel São Paulo Brazil

Mercure Sao Paulo Paulista Hotel São Paulo Brazil

Mercure São Paulo Paulista: Before You Leap (Or, Maybe Just Wander Cautiously... Then Leap!)

Okay, so, Mercure São Paulo Paulista... Worth the hype? Or just another hotel? Be honest!

Alright, alright. Let's get real. "Luxurious escape"? That's the hotel's marketing spiel, right? Look, it's not a *scam*, but let's just say it's “luxury” with a Brazilian flair. I'd put it more as "comfortably upscale," especially if you snag a good deal. I mean, the location is fantastic. Literally a stone's throw from Paulista Avenue? Gold. Saves you hauling your luggage everywhere. But, the hype? It's... tempered. I've stayed in hotels where the slippers felt like clouds. This one? Good slippers. Not cloud slippers. And honestly? The *vibe* is polished, but sometimes a little... corporate. But, hey, I'm a sucker for a good breakfast buffet. And the one at Mercure? Solid. Seriously solid. So, yup, worth it? Depends on your expectations. I'd say, yes, especially for the location. Just don't picture yourself bathing in champagne and rose petals. (Unless you bring your own… I may have considered it.)

I've heard the location is prime. Seriously, tell me *everything* about location, location, location.

Paulista Avenue. Need I say more? Seriously, it's a *game changer*. Okay, so: You're right on Paulista. That means easy access to everything. Museums (MASP!), art galleries, shops, restaurants that will blow your mind (and wallet, maybe). I practically rolled out of bed one day and into a free walking tour. No joke. And the metro? Right there! Easy to get to other parts of the city – which, trust me, you'll want to. Just remember Brazilian traffic can be brutal, so Metro is your new best friend. Okay, maybe *second* best friend… Good Wifi is first. But Location-wise? Top marks. You're practically *in* the heart of São Paulo. Just be aware that Paulista is *busy*, especially at rush hour. You'll hear the horns. You'll see the crowds. Embrace the chaos! It's part of the experience.

The rooms… what are they *really* like? Photos lie, don’t they?

Oh, photos *always* lie! Remember that time you ordered a burger that looked like a culinary masterpiece and got... well, a burger? Think of the Mercure rooms as the burger that actually tastes pretty good, even if it's not airbrushed. Okay. They are well-appointed, modern, and clean. I stayed in a Superior room – and it *was* superior, honestly. Not palatial, but comfortable. A decent bed (crucial!), a good-sized TV (important for late-night TV binges), a desk area where I pretended to work (ahem). The bathroom was… fine. Clean, good water pressure. The only slight grumble I have is the view. Mine wasn’t mind-blowing. It faced another building. Which, admittedly, is pretty standard in a big city. So, functional, comfortable, and *perfectly* adequate. Just don’t expect to be wowed. Unless you’re easily wowed. (I am, a little bit.)

Breakfast? Is it worth it? I'm a breakfast person. A *serious* breakfast person.

YES. A THOUSAND TIMES YES. Seriously. If you are a breakfast person, *especially* if you're a breakfast person who appreciates Brazilian cuisine... you're in heaven. Okay, it's not Michelin-star quality, but the selection is impressive. Fresh fruit (mangoes! Papayas!), delicious pastries (pao de queijo!), scrambled eggs, bacon (always important), and a whole array of Brazilian goodies. I may or may not have eaten three plates of pao de queijo every morning. And the coffee? Strong. Delicious. Fuel for your day. It’s the kind of breakfast where you waddle back to your room feeling happy and slightly stuffed. My advice? Go early. Avoid the rush. And pace yourself. It’s a marathon, not a sprint. Okay, it's a sprint, but with breaks for more pao de queijo.

What about the staff? Are they friendly? Do they speak English? I'm hopeless at Portuguese.

The staff? Generally great! Seriously, they were helpful, friendly, and spoke English well enough to get by. (My Portuguese is, shall we say, *basic*.) I had a minor issue with my air conditioning one night. Reported it at 11 PM, sorted by 11:30. That's impressive. They were always polite, always willing to help, and always smiling (which you appreciate after a long day of navigating São Paulo). Pro-Tip: Learn a few basic Portuguese phrases. "Obrigado" (thank you) goes a *long* way. Even if your pronunciation is terrible (mine is), the effort is appreciated. And, honestly, I had an incident where I accidentally locked myself out of my room (don't ask). They were incredibly patient and sorted it out quickly. So, yes, friendly and helpful. English is spoken. But a little Portuguese will make your life easier... and make *their* life easier.

Any quirks? Little hidden secrets? Tell me the gossip!

Okay, juicy gossip time! Here's the dirt... or, well, not *dirt*, but some observations. First, the gym is… small. Like, really small. Don’t expect a sprawling workout palace. Two treadmills, a couple of weights, and call it a gym. So, plan accordingly. Second, the bar area seems a bit underutilized. It has potential. Would have enjoyed a bit more atmosphere. Thirdly, this is a small gripe, but the elevator seemed to be perpetually busy. I had a few waits. And, as mentioned earlier, the views are variable, so, ask for a room with a good view! That being said, I did find a hidden gem – a small, cozy café across the street that served the *best* brigadeiros (Brazilian chocolate fudge balls). Seriously, melt-in-your-mouth delicious. Go there. That's my secret. And keep an eye out for local events happening on Paulista. You’ll be right in the middle of them. It’s lively (and a little loud sometimes). Embrace it.

Is it a good choice for families? Or more for solo travelers/couples?

Good question! I saw a mix. I think it's suitable for both. Families? Yes, there are family rooms, and the location is great for exploring museums and parks (which kids love, right?). Also, the breakfast buffet is family-friendly - kids love a buffet, and this one is top-notch. However, there's no pool, no specific kid's club orEscape To Inns

Mercure Sao Paulo Paulista Hotel São Paulo Brazil

Mercure Sao Paulo Paulista Hotel São Paulo Brazil

Mercure Sao Paulo Paulista Hotel São Paulo Brazil

Mercure Sao Paulo Paulista Hotel São Paulo Brazil